Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Big thumbs down for Cardo

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  draco880 
#1 ·
Hey all, I got a Cardo Packtalk Slim a few months ago, and it's already crapped out. Cardo support has been a hall of ghosts, and they don't respond to voicemails, twitter jabs, and just barely to emails. While I think the Cardo has better features than the comparable Senas, the QC apparently sucks and there's no support post-purchase. I suspect they're going to, eventually, offer me some bullshit discount on a new unit. Happily I'm a lawyer so I can probably convince them to refund me instead, so I can get something that works.

Relatedly, going from having a navi to not is like losing a limb.

#5 ·
My son and I went down the Cardo route a few years back. It seemed like such a good solution to the communications issue. The reality was just awful. We spent a lot of money and never had a system that worked reliably. Cardo support was useless and we were left with a pile of unreliable equipment that just would not work.

We find it easier to just stop if we need to talk or use cell phones if we get separated from the group. For us a group is 3 or 4 riders. More than that just leads to chaos.

#6 ·
I've been through a couple generations of ScalaRider products as have my brother and father, and I've had no complaints with any of them.

#9 ·
Yeah, been running the Sena 30K for a while, does alright most of the time. It badly needed different speakers, even in the quiet Shoei Rf-1200, but I had those already. They sometimes refuse to connect or stay connected for intercom functionality, and the app is hot garbage, but that's standard, apparently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.