Bags Connection Rearbag - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 03-08-2009, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Bags Connection Rearbag

I've been looking at luggage options for a while and just wanted something that I could carry stuff for a couple day trip. Ended up getting the Bags Connection Rear Bag from Twisted Throttle this week. Mounted it up and did a test ride with it today.

Installs pretty quickly and securely using the supplied straps at 4 points.

The specs say it has an aluminum frame, can't really tell, but it holds it shape really well even when it's empty (shown here).

I haven't verified it, but it's advertised being waterproof and comes with a waterproof inner bag too, for extra protection. When the top cover is closed the main compartment zippers are covered, and the side pocket has waterproof zippers, so it looks like it should be for the most part.

Expands if you need more space.

I rode with it today for about an hour and it stayed very secure on the bike. It came with some paint protection film, but I just used some pieces of foam pipe insulation where the straps hit the rear cowl (Worked great and stayed in place). It does encroach a lil onto the driver seat so I could feel it against my back while I was riding. Not really uncomfortable, but I could feel it there.

All-in-all seems to be a very well made bag with some nice features for a couple day trip on any bike with a passenger seat. It was a little more pricey than some of the other bags I was considering ($175), but I'm happy with it so far.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

nice...... but at a buck 75 i am gonna stick with the backpack..

post #3 of 4 Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Shoot to stop

Did you happen to ride with it fully loaded and expanded? I've wondered about bags like this and I worry that when the get fully loaded and are sticking up a lot, that they'll be horrible wind catchers. Any idea if that's what happens with them?

2003 Honda 919 - flapper mod, Clear Alternatives Smoke Tailight w/ integral turn signals, Stebel Nautilus air horn, DIY fender eliminator, LED license plate bolts, LED front turn signals, no resistor or new flasher so I blink like crazy.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-09-2009, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardking View Post
Did you happen to ride with it fully loaded and expanded? I've wondered about bags like this and I worry that when the get fully loaded and are sticking up a lot, that they'll be horrible wind catchers. Any idea if that's what happens with them?
I haven't done that yet. I have only ridden with it strapped down and empty to make sure the straps kept it stable. I don't feel like it would be any problem normally from the wind, mainly because its behind your body. I see your point with crosswinds tho. I cant imagine it would be any worse that a topcase. As soon as I get some more riding with it, I'll post back up and let you know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode