Bags Connection "Daypack" - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 06-04-2014, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Bags Connection "Daypack"

Hi!

I just wanted to make a little review on a tankbag I bought. It's the "Daypack" made by Bags Connection (SW-Motech)

I bought the bag on Twisted Throttle with the matching tank ring.

When I got it, I realized it's smaller than I thought. It really looked bigger on the pictures. It's no big deal since it can be extended for extra storage and after installing it on the bike, I doubt I would be satisfied with a larger bag. The bag material is really sturdy and this thing smells high quality. They abviously paid attention to every detail when designing this bag!

Speaking of the installation, it required to drill four holes to accommodate the top of the tank ring device. It's no big deal since they even include the proper size drill bit and a template. Of course, if you never touched a hammer, ask a friend for help

I also got the GPS/Smartphone holder that matches the bike. It's a lot more convenient than the handlebar mounts.

If you need a smallish bag for your daily commute to work, this is the perfect thing to get. I can carry my lunch, wallet and phone without any problem. If you encounter heavy rain, there's a waterproof cover than comes with the bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo tank_bag2.jpg (207.3 KB, 73 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Batman

Ive been eyeing that one but will probably end up with the givi instead. The pull release just makes me nervous.

Great review and pics however.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I have been using a Luggage Locker tank bag up until yesterday when I cracked my tank bag ring.
It seems Luggage Locker is out of business and replacement parts are not to be had.
Looking on Twisted Throttle and the Givi website, the 919 is not listed.
SW-Motech is listed however, but the only part I seem to be able to purchase separately is the tank ring.
Does anyone know if the upper and lower system can be purchased to fit an existing hard-bottom tank bag?

I plan to die young, as late as possible.

post #4 of 12 Old 08-24-2014, 02:18 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Try Givi, I have a tank bag and ring, good quality stuff and it looks like it would be serviceable, I'd guess you could buy the parts..

post #5 of 12 Old 08-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Omnivore

I have the same bag and use it on both the speed triple and the super duke. It is on the small side, but holds all I need for a good day of riding.

I have had no issues with the clamp/release mechanism... It is stronger than I thought it'd be. I've been using it for about a year now. Good quality construction and easy to pop on and off at fuel stops.

post #6 of 12 Old 08-25-2014, 08:43 AM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 

Yeah that gas cap mounting ring is great. I almost pulled the trigger on this setup more than once. They also have a camera mount you can cannibalize and attach the mounting ring to your existing bag.

Ultimately I decided the magnetic mount was better for my needs. With touring and iron butt gas stops in mind, I came up with a tether cable that allows me to quickly toss the bag to the side when fueling. And when I have to leave the bike unattended a few minutes the cable will deter someone running away with the bag. I figure it's less likely that a would be thief would stand there and rifle through the tank bag at a gas pump. The best part is it cost me nothing to rig up.

I cut a slot in the front of the tank bag and stitched around it to reinforce. I keep a small steel plate in the bag to hold the cable.

post #7 of 12 Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
Try Givi, I have a tank bag and ring, good quality stuff and it looks like it would be serviceable, I'd guess you could buy the parts..
Does the BF03 ring fit the 919?
I see the 600 Hornet listed for that part, but not the 919.
Anyone know?

post #8 of 12 Old 08-25-2014, 04:46 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi_gray View Post
Anyone know?
I looked for the email and couldn't find it. Send Givi an email and ask, the BF03 sounds familiar but I'm not sure. Either way, they do make ir fir the 919 and I LOVE it.

post #9 of 12 Old 08-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I know the 599 and 919 gas caps and rings are interchangeable. Honda gas caps are fairly universal, so I'd venture to say it is the same part.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #10 of 12 Old 08-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Phenix View Post
Yeah that gas cap mounting ring is great. I almost pulled the trigger on this setup more than once. They also have a camera mount you can cannibalize and attach the mounting ring to your existing bag.

Ultimately I decided the magnetic mount was better for my needs. With touring and iron butt gas stops in mind, I came up with a tether cable that allows me to quickly toss the bag to the side when fueling. And when I have to leave the bike unattended a few minutes the cable will deter someone running away with the bag. I figure it's less likely that a would be thief would stand there and rifle through the tank bag at a gas pump. The best part is it cost me nothing to rig up.

I cut a slot in the front of the tank bag and stitched around it to reinforce. I keep a small steel plate in the bag to hold the cable.
Great use for the OEM helmet lock cable!! Lol

post #11 of 12 Old 08-25-2014, 08:12 PM
"CERTIFIABLE"

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogunoogun View Post
Great use for the OEM helmet lock cable!! Lol
Yep, that's where I got it. I did manage to dunk one end a few times in a can of Plasti Dip.
post #12 of 12 Old 09-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by semi_gray View Post
Anyone know?
So, yes, the BF03 ring fits the 919.
I went with a 15 liter GIVI tank bag and am very happy with the result.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode