Argh, Capt. Bluetooth! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
So, Satan's our mascot?

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Argh, Capt. Bluetooth!

I found this thread with some great info from Ken on bike to bike communications - I'm looking now for something the missus and I can use and I was thinking it should be able to utilize the old phone via bluetooh - might as well have A2DP for musak as well. I was hoping to see if anyone knew what the latest/greatest was in this realm and ask a couple questions: Do they all need to piggyback power from the bike? Will any helmet work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

i am trying to sell a motorola bluetooth for the helmet.... it don't play the music and its not a intercom.... but you can make and receive phone calls while riding and it works great..

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17196

post #3 of 6 Old 02-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Tirone??

I would recommend the Cardo system. I used it for a trip to Minnesota and it worked great. It does get slightly harder to hear when you get up to higher freeway speeds, but if the other person speaks up a little it works great.

It has bluetooth for the phone which works great. You can also use your GPS or Radar along with pairing with your phone. I have used it through rain, and such and it works great. Batteries last good too, at the end of the day, you just have to plug it in and it charges up. Another plus for me is the compact size of it, and it is easily removable.

Linky

Just one of the options, But I sure liked it. (plus I think this one is an updated one of mine).

2006 Honda 919

States visited on my 919

post #4 of 6 Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

The sound quality from autocom's wired system is outstanding (loud, noise filtering, no batteries) for 2up. But its wires can hog tie you during a fall. Thus why I hope the BT mixer systems improve.

post #5 of 6 Old 02-04-2009, 08:33 AM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

The wife and I used the autocom easi-plus for our trip to Idaho. We left from San Diego. It didn't have any of the noice canceling features cause all it is is a basic kit, but it worked great. We did end up stopping at cycle gear and bought the $50 helmet skirts. They cut down on the wind and wind noise at the base of the helmet immensely. We don't use them for short trips though. The system worked great. As long as you follow the helmet installation and place everything right you don't have to shout at all. We had music going in the background (1st gen zune w/ vol set from 11-13). From everybody else I heard cell phone use is great and there is a bluetooth module available for it as well. The wife and I have helio ocean phones and they don't work so well with it. You also have the option of using batteries (my kit uses a 9v) or using a power supply connected to bike power (wired mine into the tail light power).

The kit worked beautifully. We use it every time she gets on the bike with me.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #6 of 6 Old 02-24-2009, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
So, Satan's our mascot?

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

So I've resarched on these a bit - looks like the only thing holding me back is money. Ideally I'd find something that does not need to hook up to the bike battery and the Scala Q2 looks like it would do almost everything...except FRS and high quality sound. The more I think about it and the more I spend on my 9er making it a sport tourer, the more I realize I should have just bought a junky Goldwing if I wanted to see the world.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode