Aftermarket Bar End Weights - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 07-16-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Coloradan

Aftermarket Bar End Weights

So I noticed the other day that one of my bar end weights had fallen off the 9'er. Since then my hands hurt a lot more, I'm assuming since I'm only running one of the 2 weights. Sadly right now new bars and/or risers aren't in the budget, but I think I can swing A cheap set from amazon.

Any suggestions? This was a set that jumped out at me, because it's a)black and b) supposed to fit.
Amazon.com: New Design Black Motorcycle Bike Motocross Off Road Street Sport Dirt Racing Touring Bike Standard Cruiser Scooter Chopper ATV Watercraft 7/8" Open Handlebar Handle Bar Ends Plugs for Honda CBR 1000 1000RR 900 600 600F4i Shadow 500 750 Sp

I'd prefer to use amazon so I can get free s/h and snag some small/cheap stuff I've been wanting.

Peter B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

Not sure those will work. Those look like they have little rubber bushings that expand when you tighten the screw. The stock 919 bar ends thread into the end of the inner weight assembly. Those ones will fit a 7/8" bar, but looking at them, they look to be too deep to fit into the handlebars without removing the bar weights. There are a ton of guys on here that have swapped bars out and probably have old ones lying around that they might be willing to part with.

I am one of those people, but I am swamped with stuff that I gotta get done before I go out of town on Thursday and won't be able to make it to the post office before I leave. PM me in the beginning of August if you still haven't gotten any, and I will send you mine, no charge. One has a scratch on it, but I'm guessing you won't mind.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #3 of 4 Old 07-16-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Coloradan

Well my allegiance to Amazon has evaporated, as they don't qualify for free s/h.

I'm headed to a local shop tomorrow to see what's up. That's killer info tho, thanks! If I can't buy a set for $10-15 then I'll post here in WTB.

Peter B

post #4 of 4 Old 07-16-2012, 08:21 PM
The Cripple

Got a set I can get rid of if you need em.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode