Adjustable rearsets - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 03-23-2006, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Imaginifer

Adjustable rearsets

I have been wanting to get a set for the R6..my legs feel cramped up on it with the stock ones (I have a long inseam for a short girl). So what are some good brands that won't overly break the bank? I know Satos are supposed to be quite good, but anymore out there?

What are your thoughts?

Riding is not what I do....it's who I am!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
The Guy passing you...

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation BOTM Donation 
Total Awards: 5

My thoughts are you are going to be hard pressed to find ones that will lower the pegs. Most raise the peg and move it back.

I still run the stock pegs on my Race RC51 since I am tall and dont want to be any more cramped than I have to be. Since my suspension is jacked up higher than normal, I dont have any issue with pegs dragging.

-Dave

"I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of brilliance..."

post #3 of 14 Old 03-23-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Imaginifer

Yes I guess I should have specified...I would like them back more..that would help as far as comfort for me..I think.

post #4 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 06:19 AM

Vortex is great. You can get them on e-bay for less than $300 new. I have them on both of my trackbikes and love them.

post #5 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

If you are curious, I just put a set of Vortex adjustable on my RR, and it did make a significant difference in the feel of foot positioning in relation to the shifter. I still need to tweak the position, but it has made a positive feel. I got mine for $340 shipped. Let me know if you want any more info.

post #6 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Quitting is for Quitters!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

gixxer1k got the Vortex rearsets for his bike. I'll ask him how much and let you know.

-Mercedes- or you can call me YaYa
post #7 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum70
Vortex is great. You can get them on e-bay for less than $300 new. I have them on both of my trackbikes and love them.
I just bought a set from JC Motorsports off ebay 2 weeks ago for $295 + $10 shipping (no tax as they are located in Cali and I was in FLA). I just checked and now they are $314 + $10. Still no tax though since you are in FLA also. Still the best price I could find.

post #8 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 09:32 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Rsixxy, I don't particularly believe that you'll find the answer on a pair of Rear Sets because of what Evad101 already explained. Having your feet push back only means that you're now on a more hunchedback position and it won't alliviate your problem... it sure will help get your legs cramped in a hurry though

post #9 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90
Rsixxy, I don't particularly believe that you'll find the answer on a pair of Rear Sets because of what Evad101 already explained. Having your feet push back only means that you're now on a more hunchedback position and it won't alliviate your problem... it sure will help get your legs cramped in a hurry though
Really?? Darn! I guess I just thought when I had my 250 that I would ride a lot with my feet on the passenger pegs and it was comfortable..I thought it would be somewhat similar to the R6 (yeah I know they are 2 different bikes with 2 different riding positions LOL).

So what can I do to alleviate some of the cramped feelings? I feel like I am eating my knees at times LOL

Magnum and 600ridge runner--thank you for your suggestions:001_smile:

post #10 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 09:48 AM
The Guy passing you...

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSixxy
So what can I do to alleviate some of the cramped feelings? I feel like I am eating my knees at times LOL
Its a sport/race bike, not designed for comfort. About the only thing you might be able to do have a custom seat made with more padding so it is taller. But that is going to change your entire riding posistion and make the bike feel much different since you will be sitting on top of it.

How long are your legs? I'm 6'6" and have regularly done 300mi.+ sport rides with no issue's. The tight quarters dont really bother my legs though. I have also ridden an r6 and didnt find it that cramped.

-Dave

"I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of brilliance..."

post #11 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer

I have almost a 32" inseam. I know it's not for comfort but I ride my bike mainly on the street not track. I don't actually get cramps..it just feels cramped.. I don't know, it may just be me...

post #12 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 10:27 AM
The Guy passing you...

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSixxy
I have almost a 32" inseam. I know it's not for comfort but I ride my bike mainly on the street not track. I don't actually get cramps..it just feels cramped.. I don't know, it may just be me...
That girl has legs all the way to her a$$!

Wish there was a solution for you, but I think your stuck.

Since I primarly only do track days and race, next street bike is most likely going to have a lot more comfort to it.

-Dave

post #13 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 11:30 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Maybe higher clip-ons? like the ones Heli-Bars make? This may not make sense but by changing the way you sit on the bike, your legs will be less cramped!

post #14 of 14 Old 03-24-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC90
Maybe higher clip-ons? like the ones Heli-Bars make? This may not make sense but by changing the way you sit on the bike, your legs will be less cramped!
I agree, this may be your answer. Heli-bars can make a street bike much more comfortable. Throw in a corbin seat for better circulation and comfort and you are all set for full day rides.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode