4Likes
  • 1 Post By bartsitarski
  • 1 Post By rmb
  • 1 Post By rmb
  • 1 Post By rmb

post #1 of 15 Old 07-27-2016, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

919 Windshield

Hey guys. I was wondering what kind of experience people have had with adding a windshield to their 919. I am looking at F-16 windshield. I am not crazy about how they look but I might be going on some longer rides and want to know how much of a difference they make with taming the wind.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaccari33 View Post
Hey guys. I was wondering what kind of experience people have had with adding a windshield to their 919. I am looking at F-16 windshield. I am not crazy about how they look but I might be going on some longer rides and want to know how much of a difference they make with taming the wind.
It may depend on your height. I am 6'3" and I put a Givi windshield from a 599 on my bike. It definitely takes the wind off of my chest but brings it up to head level which causes some buffeting. Overall I like it better with a shield, if nothing else it keeps the bugs off the gauges.

post #3 of 15 Old 07-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Optio

Garage
I have a Givi A240 and the stock Honda screen. The Givi is better but still get a lot of wind, especially at 75-85 MPH highway speeds. Bottom line, its a naked bike and unless you go full fairing, you will battle the wind. I use the Givi for long rides and Honda screen as my main screen.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan

post #4 of 15 Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Optio

Garage
This.......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg James-Windjammer-Honda-919-79.jpg (105.7 KB, 64 views)
tiny likes this.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
post #5 of 15 Old 07-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
This.......
that's actually pretty cool. i'd put it on if i was going cross country probably

post #6 of 15 Old 07-29-2016, 12:29 PM
The Cripple

Surprisingly, my tuono doesn't create any where near add much buffering as the 919 did. I even put on the oem taller screen and it's been bliss. The 919 creates a lot of buffering.

post #7 of 15 Old 07-30-2016, 04:31 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I have a Givi A34 on my 919. It gives a good amount of protection in cooler weather and rain. I also added an MRA spoiler on it, I can adjust it depending on the type of riding I'm doing at the time and have zero buffeting. It's a great combo IMHO.
firedave likes this.

post #8 of 15 Old 02-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Vanisle 919

RMB, can you please share a few pictures of that setup? The spoilers are more popular lately it seems. Thanks!

post #9 of 15 Old 02-13-2017, 02:41 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

14870255221922085114737.jpgdid this work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1487025540570-142355846.jpg (150.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 1487025552125-47796493.jpg (145.6 KB, 36 views)
firedave likes this.

post #10 of 15 Old 02-13-2017, 02:43 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Man, the mobile version won't let me add a pic and the desktop version is a pita on a phone. We need the app back!
badmoon692008 likes this.

post #11 of 15 Old 02-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Vanisle 919

Thank you. Those photos are excellent. I may try that option (have to actually get a windscreen first). Renthal bar gets installed soon!

post #12 of 15 Old 04-08-2017, 10:17 AM
The Dead Head

Garage
I had bought the F16 windscreen, but I didn't like the way it installed, and couldn't get it into a position that I liked. Very nice looking windscreen, but I ended up returning it. I found a Puig windscreen for 44 bucks, and I really like it. Can't beat the price, and it came with quality stainless hardware. It even came with a couple of small foam sticky pucks so the instrument cluster doesn't scratch the windscreen or rub against it. It literally took me about 10 minutes to install. Hope that helps if you haven't already bought one yet

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...sal-windscreen

Common Sense...so rare, it's kind of like a SUPER POWER!
post #13 of 15 Old 04-08-2017, 10:26 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 6

Where does the wind land on you now? The oem pushes it right onto my collar bones which vents up to my helmet and creates a lot of turbulent wind noise
And I'm 5'5"

post #14 of 15 Old 04-08-2017, 01:50 PM
The Dead Head

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanktm View Post
Where does the wind land on you now? The oem pushes it right onto my collar bones which vents up to my helmet and creates a lot of turbulent wind noise
And I'm 5'5"
This one is basically the same size as the OEM, so no difference really, and I'm 5'10" and it hits me in the upper chest. If you want something that's gonna take the wind off your neck, it'll have to be something bigger like a Givi A31, or if you already have the OEM, consider a clip on like this:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ndscreen-visor

Common Sense...so rare, it's kind of like a SUPER POWER!
post #15 of 15 Old 04-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Tesserarius

We used to call them bikini fairings eons ago. I had a Givi, something or other, on my 919. I remember the first time l rode the bike, l was doing 70 in a 55 mph speed zone, and not on purpose. Without the wind blast, l precieved the bike, not going as fast. I promptly slowed down. It was nice to have a little something to tuck behind.

As the other guys have said, you get a lot more noise with the bikini fairing. After l sold the 919, l got a 599, which l like better. I've never put a bikini fairing on that bike. I wil take the wind, with less noise.

But l really like the fairing on that old '01 Interceptor, that l bought last year. It works well. That bike creates a nice pocket of realitively calm air. The Interceptor is a stark contrast that is the calamity that the Super Duke is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode