919 Grab rail cap indicators? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Discen

919 Grab rail cap indicators?

Does anyone know if anything liek these exist/or anyone have the balls to make some? it would be pretty easy to route a couple of wires through the tail and I reckon it would clean up the tail Very nicely
From the rear, the bolts are still quite visible from about 5 metres (approx 15 feet) out

thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Tesserarius

I like the look. Where did you get that pic? If you mean turn signals then I'm sure you could find really close flush mount signals or marker lights to use as signals.

post #3 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detale View Post
I like the look. Where did you get that pic? If you mean turn signals then I'm sure you could find really close flush mount signals or marker lights to use as signals.
Yeah I'm talking about turn signals
That pic is just turned up in my google search of 'hornet 900 grab rail' I think these are a picture of the rizoma grab rail caps

post #4 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 08:13 AM
I WANNA RIDE!

Yes, that pic is of the Rizoma grab rail caps.

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #5 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 11:39 AM
The Cripple

Watsens make very high quality flush turnmount signals. You could look into those to see if you could fit them to your idea.

post #6 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Tesserarius

If they don't fit that well you could get caps and use those with flush mounts to give it a finished look if the lights don't cover the holes.

Also check the legality of turn signals where you are. I was all hopped up on getting integrated tail/turn signals until I found out that theyre not allowed in New York state. Here they need to be 10" or 12" apart or something like that. Maybe I'm a wuss, but the cops here pull me over enough without giving them another reason. NYPD hate bikes in my experience at least.

post #7 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Hrmm look what I found after a quick search
Lockhart Phillips USA - Turn Signals - FLUSH MOUNT III

Or how about a customled upgrade?
Custom LED Universal Flushmount LED Blinker Indicators

I checked out the watsens and they seem to be a little too small and directional for my liking

post #8 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 03:53 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadacus View Post
Hrmm look what I found after a quick search
Lockhart Phillips USA - Turn Signals - FLUSH MOUNT III

Or how about a customled upgrade?
Custom LED Universal Flushmount LED Blinker Indicators

I checked out the watsens and they seem to be a little too small and directional for my liking
CUSTOMLED rocks! Bar none!

as for the Watsens being "too small and directional"... lol! Sorry, that just cracked me up. I don't think you really looked at them. Those suckers are 120 lumens, 4 watts! If you need a better idea of how bright and unidirectional they are, check out the pictures in this thread: https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...tml#post525877 Look at the black 919 with the rider wearing a blue helmet. You'll see that even though the Watsens are taped over with heavy duty painters tape, they STILL shine through the tape, on a bright day in direct sunlight! Even more, that's just the running light output! Turn signal output is much brighter.

The Watsens are no joke, they're the best of the best. Sadly, I can't recommend them for use as front signals ATM since they don't offer the running light option anymore (which I require). You could fab something yourself if you so desired in order to add the running light functionality. If you're looking into intergrating the rear with the brake light, the CUSTOMLED integrated unit is the way to go. If you want to retain the stock brake light, then I highly suggest you get some Watsens and fab up a mount at the grab bar holes like you were thinking. Ideajones fabbed some up and I'm sure you could easily adapt the Watsens to them. They're small and sleek, but you just cannot beat their light output!

I don't think anyone on the forum has used the CUSTOMLED flushmount indicators, or at least they haven't posted their experience about them yet. Seeing their quality on the integrated unit, I wouldn't be surprised if their flushmounts have awesome light output. However, I don't think a clear lens such as what you posted above (which the CUSTOMLED requires to be retrofit into) would look good where the grab rail caps would be.

edit: Damn, looking at those pictures just make me lust for another day at the track!!!

post #9 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I dunno.. someone photoshop those indicators onto the top of the grab rail caps and you'd have a hornet staring back at you, lol. I think it would look awkward.

HOWEVER, if you were to fab something that would only be no more than a 1/4" in height? That would work, aesthetically.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #10 of 16 Old 12-01-2012, 05:50 PM
i appear missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
I think it would look awkward.
This.

post #11 of 16 Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Aquilifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
I dunno.. someone photoshop those indicators onto the top of the grab rail caps and you'd have a hornet staring back at you, lol. I think it would look awkward.

HOWEVER, if you were to fab something that would only be no more than a 1/4" in height? That would work, aesthetically.
+1 i agree. Almost flat is more desirable.

post #12 of 16 Old 12-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Le So Cal Troll

almost flat is going to give no visibility as far as indicating left or right sorry to say.

post #13 of 16 Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytheii View Post
+1 i agree. Almost flat is more desirable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
almost flat is going to give no visibility as far as indicating left or right sorry to say.
W-A-T-S-E-N-S

post #14 of 16 Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Aquilifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
Not if you're indicating to the helimechs in the sky you're turning right....then you go left!

You know what i meant bro, slimmer not completely.

post #15 of 16 Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM
just send it.

Garage
Meh.... Just use hand signals. Cagers aren't going to notice you unless you look like an idiot waving your arms around.

[This space for rent]
post #16 of 16 Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Aquilifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
Meh.... Just use hand signals. Cagers aren't going to notice you unless you look like an idiot waving your arms around.
But then the birds will think you're a retarded bird baby that's trying to fly but can only do it parallel to the ground.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode