Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

919 Exhaust

11K views 51 replies 26 participants last post by  arctic954 
#1 ·
Ok, since the Satos are not longer available, trying to decide between the MIZZ x-cones and the Leo vince.
What, if any, experience has anyone had on these? I have read a little on both, but nothing real enlighting.

I would entertain adding the power commander to either if that will help.

Thanks

#40 ·
#50 · (Edited)
So far...... I've owned 16 bikes....and have had pipes on just about every bike. I've owned Akrapovic's, Arata's Titaniums, Remus, etc. etc.

I went through all the options with the 919....couldn't find a nice set of Sato's --- said screw-it.... picked up the single sided Two Brothers from Star Cycle. I'm EXTREMELY happy with the pipe. Great sound.....super light....and inexpensive. The kit even came with a Y pipe eliminator and a rear Galfer steel braided line.

To even better the deal.....the Power Commander website has a PCIII-USB map that is pretty damn close. Shortly after installing the pipe I did a dyno run with the sniffer..... not perfect, but not far enough off to warrent any extra tuning.

BTW --- the biggest power increase for the 919..... is opening up the exhaust, and getting a PCIII-USB w/ a good tune.

And no..... I was worried that the pipe was going to be loud like a D&D..... nope, sounds great and doesn't turn any heads.

They still sell for $356 at StarCycle.

#52 ·
The idea behind the Juice box is that is has adjustments on the face....that simply enrich or lean certin areas of the RPM range. You will still need to put your bike on the dyno with a sniffer to make sure its running right.

The PCIII-USB also has an "adjustment of the fly" feature.

For that price, I'd get the PCIII-USB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.