Doesn't work. Will try and figure out an alternative.
Ok reposting again with new links from Imgur. Hope this works.
Because at the rate I get things done, this will definitely take all winter. Last winter I went ahead and swapped out the stock bars to Renthal Ultra-lows and mirrors to some bar-ends. This year I will be tackling front signals, integrated rear tail light, tail tidy, brake lines, exhaust, farkerlry and battery*. I wanted to get a better idea of the weight savings I'd see with these assorted changes, so I'll be keeping track of and noting the weight of what comes off and goes on.
Here is how she sat before 2 hours ago:
First order of business was farkelry or dress-up, because I'm a poser. I had some CF wrap lying around and have never loved the brushed AL and black plastic side covers. That's really the only thing I got done today. Notice how far away I took the photo. Its a real hack job, this stuff I used was not designed for really contoured surfaces. Might've added a few ounces, did not bother to weigh this stuff.
*While the side covers were off, I tried to swap out the stock battery for a Ballistic Evo3 4-cell. This did not work out, hence the star. Here is why, and weights for reference:
Fail - about 3/4" too tall.
Next up was prepping the tail for that CustomLED board I was bitching about but which Jon @ CustomLED has resolved for me. A Blinker Relay and Toggle Switch are on the way, the former will replace my stock relay so no weight savings/gain there and the toggle switch I suppose will add 1-2oz's. I haven't taken out the stock bulbs yet so no weights on those though I assume the change in weight by going to the LED board will be negligible, so I may or may not weigh those things.
Grab Handle (will stay off, eventually plugs will come and the weight will also be negligible): the reading is 1.010lbs, glare makes it hard to read. I did tare the weight of the prop.
Tail Piece: I believe I'll be taking the wire ends from the blinkers to make up with the CustomLED board, and I've re-used the side reflector brackets (which you'll see later) but both should not amount to more than a few ounces. Again I did tare the weight of the prop and the weight is 2.154lbs.
Waiting to go on still are a pair of Techspec tank pads (.485lbs), G&J brake lines front and rear, Watsen LED's for the front and this Delkevic exhaust. BTW sooooo many thanks to Nealio for your help and texts regarding the Delkevics and CustomLED! I was on the fence about both but after hearing that sound clip and your info on the lights I pulled the trigger on both.
One Delkevic DS70 9" Can w/mounting bracket and rubber spacer:
And their mid/y-pipe:
Works out to nearly 10lbs on the nose (10.006 to be exact, but remove the weight of the packaging on the midpipe), whereas I think someone reported the stocker combo is like 30lbs. So that's nice.
So far, that should net about a 22lbs weight savings. If I try to go with the lightweight battery option I suppose I can bump it to 27'ish lbs. I never did get a chance to weigh the Renthals + bar end mirrors vs stock, but that seems like a good 3lbs savings as well. So 30lbs is probably all the weight savings I'll ever see from mods as I'm not planning on going any further and I'm not sure what my future tire choices will be.
Ah, and those reflector brackets got re-used here:
$0 tail tidy! I test-fitted the tail back on, clears the light nicely. So I think I'm sticking with this.
Worked until my back hurt today so I'm going to rest a bit before I tackle the lighting next. Coolest part about this project so far IMO: everything I bought has been made in America, well except the Watsens but Canada is close enough