What bike should i buy? - Page 2 - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes

post #41 of 46 Old 12-01-2015, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontail View Post
Just reread your original post. You want a bike that has to go 90, at 14, on back roads? Sounds very irresponsible. Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I'm going to ride it around when i am 16 back to my house and my grandmas 60 mile ride and a bike is more fuel efficient then a truck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 12-01-2015, 10:30 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider1 View Post
what's the difference between a 600 and a 600r? What does the r stand for?
Please pay attention. I said "650R", I didn't see "600r". The 650R is a vtwin that is much more beginner friendly and can easily accommodate your larger size if that is such a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdavis984 View Post
The one that I rode wouldn't pull more than 85 without holding it wide open for long periods, and IMO that just isn't good for a motor. But maybe that example was a little sickly.
The problem with the 250-300 ninja is that they are so well engineered that when you have people tinkering with them without understanding what they're doing or doing the appropriate supporting mods, they actually negatively impact the engine performance. Common mistakes are often doing exhaust without appropriate needle clip and jet changes or needle clip and jet changes without exhaust. They are that well engineered that changing one thing has a drastic effect on the overall package. Do both mods however, and the thing just comes alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider1 View Post
So if I get a 600 should I get a straight 600? Or a 600r? And what is the difference?
Again, please pay attention. I said "650r", I didn't see "600r". You really should start doing some more reading before you think about which bike to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash97 View Post
PV? Ninja vs 600R?
More like 650r vs 600. Two completely different bikes.

Quote:
With the "motorcycle" experience that you have at this point, the lil 250's would be a waste of money, as was said before you are already to big for the bike, if you did try a 250 you would outgrow(experience wise) in a month and be looking for something else, but being that you already blew ur wad on the 250 you'd be stuck with it until it was sold which you'd prolly lose money on it and end up with some heap
Sorry Whip, but this is incorrect. The Ninja 250 is one of the best beginner bikes and really holds their resale value if they are kept in good shape and reasonably clean. They typically don't sit on CL for very long during the riding season and good deals are snatched up the day they are posted during the off season.

Most average riders will NOT be able to outgrow (experience) a Ninja 250. It is THAT capable of a bike. Not to mention an extremely forgiving platform. Anyone can twist the throttle, that is not developing rider skill. Anyone can go fast in a straight line, that is not developing rider skill.

I'll just post this here again. Notice how that puny little 250 is passing liter bikes on the outside of most corners? Notice how when all the bikes are at speed, the liter bikes can't quite catch up? The only time the liter bikes pass the little 250 is when they all have to scrub serious speed and the liter bikes has 4-6x the hp of the Ninja, only to be reeled back in within the next 1-3 corners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoney View Post
I think he meant Ninja 650R vs ZX-6R. They look kinda similar, but are entirely different animals out on the road!
This.

post #43 of 46 Old 12-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Centurion

Garage
Seeing as you're on the 919 forum did you check out the CB-1?
What i'm currently ridding (also my first bike) if you can go for the '91 version.

post #44 of 46 Old 12-03-2015, 01:07 AM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
Hey!
Sorry! I had to..

:buell:
post #45 of 46 Old 12-03-2015, 06:58 AM
2fas4MEnow

WHAAAAAAT ???

Quote:
whiplash 97 is write on....i suggest trying a schwinn with a briggs&S...if you can put it together and ride then get yourself a BKing and a backpack then watch EASY RIDER then headout forever or you can wait till your seventeen and join the USMChttps://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/images/smilies/needpics.gif

post #46 of 46 Old 12-03-2015, 07:51 AM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-BKing View Post
whiplash 97 is write on....i suggest trying a schwinn with a briggs&S...if you can put it together and ride then get yourself a BKing and a backpack then watch EASY RIDER then headout forever or you can wait till your seventeen and join the USMChttps://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/images/smilies/needpics.gif

I love it!!.........wait! Is a BKing a

600?

:buell:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode