SYM Wolf Restoration - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 15 Old 09-24-2014, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

SYM Wolf Restoration

Hi guys, im new in this forum, and im currently trying to "repair" a used 125cc Sym Wolf Classic. So my senior gave me this really old bike, he left it for like 2-3 months before i got my hands on it. Because I am blind to bikes, i left it to a nearby dealership to help me repair it, final price around 290USD for the repair fee (quite cheap considering i got it for free). But of course with that kind of price, the owner can only help as far as changing the old parts with second-hand parts. The bike rides okay for casual ride, but the problem that really frustrates me is that the bike is really hard to start, and sometimes i need to use the kickstarter to start it, and the engine occasionally stalls when idle (happens more often when the engine drops from high RPM). I already spent a lot of my time cleaning and trying to fix this bike (was fun though), do you guys have any opinion on which part should i check for this problem? will really appreciate it guys! Thankss

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-24-2014, 05:16 AM
Honda919Rider #1

I would suggest you go to a forum that is more familiar with the Sym -

SYM Owners Forum - Index is my suggestion

Good luck

post #3 of 15 Old 09-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobtasada View Post
Hi guys, im new in this forum, and im currently trying to "repair" a used 125cc Sym Wolf Classic. So my senior gave me this really old bike, he left it for like 2-3 months before i got my hands on it. Because I am blind to bikes, i left it to a nearby dealership to help me repair it, final price around 290USD for the repair fee (quite cheap considering i got it for free). But of course with that kind of price, the owner can only help as far as changing the old parts with second-hand parts. The bike rides okay for casual ride, but the problem that really frustrates me is that the bike is really hard to start, and sometimes i need to use the kickstarter to start it, and the engine occasionally stalls when idle (happens more often when the engine drops from high RPM). I already spent a lot of my time cleaning and trying to fix this bike (was fun though), do you guys have any opinion on which part should i check for this problem? will really appreciate it guys! Thankss
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a carb problem to me. Don't listen to Steve. He would be better off going elsewhere..

post #4 of 15 Old 09-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline919 View Post
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a carb problem to me. Don't listen to Steve. He would be better off going elsewhere..
Seriously?

Get a life, the last thing anyone needs is rookie advise, jeez, do you even know what Sym is - or even seen one ( other than via google)?

Going out of your way to make this a personal attack only costs you credibility.

Where were you when the original post was made, anyway.

post #5 of 15 Old 09-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Seriously?

Get a life, the last thing anyone needs is rookie advise, jeez, do you even know what Sym is - or even seen one ( other than via google)?

Going out of your way to make this a personal attack only costs you credibility.

Where were you when the original post was made, anyway.

Credibility? Lol you are one to talk. 99% of your posts are making jokes about a Corbin seat or bent forks. Then you tell a new member to go somewhere else? Maybe you need to get a life.

post #6 of 15 Old 09-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline919 View Post
Credibility? Lol you are one to talk. 99% of your posts are making jokes about a Corbin seat or bent forks. Then you tell a new member to go somewhere else? Maybe you need to get a life.
Yes, you lack credibility, but only from my perspective, which should not bother you at all.

No one replied to the guy in a timely manner, and the diagnostics of that particular motorcycle are out of the normal realm of things - If I have to explain, well - never mind..

I directed him to someone who could actually help him with specific details on his issue with some level of expertise and practical experience on that particular brand and model of motorcycle.

If anything, he'll remember this forum as caring about getting him fixed up quickly and correctly -

Unless he comes back in and has to read your crap.

post #7 of 15 Old 09-28-2014, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

yea sorry for taking so long to reply, so the owner of the dealership that my rectifier/alternator is busted so i got a new one, and he adjusted the idle speed valve on the carbs. Current condition is, the bike not stalling anymore when it's idle (yayy!) Still, it is kinda hard to start though, maybe i need a total of 15 seconds to start the bike only, kinda annoying..any suggestions where should i check next??

post #8 of 15 Old 09-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Princeps Prior

Did you try a new battery yet?

post #9 of 15 Old 09-28-2014, 01:47 PM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Ya got to post a picture of your bike here. I for one would love to see it.

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #10 of 15 Old 09-29-2014, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

@redline, well the owner said that he did changed the battery with a new one. But like i said, the rectifier/alternator wore out so the battery was drained really quickly and then he said the battery is dead and he helped me charged it.

@Bigdaa, even though she's not really pretty, i'll try taking some pictures when im free!

post #11 of 15 Old 09-29-2014, 07:38 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #12 of 15 Old 10-05-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

HELP! The starter is getting worse by the day i think, can anybody give me any idea on where to check? This problem is getting really annoying, the starter button almost never works anymore, i have to kickstart it if i want to turn my bike on...

@Bigdaa how do i post picture here? lol

post #13 of 15 Old 10-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Princeps Prior

I would test the battery for proper voltage.( running and not running) Clean and check the grounds. Tighten battery connections. Take the starter button assembly apart and clean up the connections to start. Have you tried these things yet? Also to post pictures you can use Photobucket. Upload the photo to PB. Then copy and paste the link for the image itself. Hope this helps!

post #14 of 15 Old 10-05-2014, 11:35 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I'd be interested in a video so we can hear what the bike is doing on startup.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #15 of 15 Old 10-09-2014, 05:40 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Simple Fix..

Good news guys! the bike's startup is doing okay now, but with a kickstart, i believe the electric starter is still a bit difficult...but for now, im quite satisfied, i only need 1 kickstart to start the bike....Seems like the problem is really simple, worn spark plug ==...
I will try posting pictures/videos when i can, sorry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode