Stupid, stupid riders - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Stupid, stupid riders

I was in SE Ohio this weekend and encountered some really stupid riders. There were 4 sportbikes that came up behind us. We were behind a truck and then a couple on a cruiser. Next thing I know one of the bikers behind us goes screaming by all three of us in a double yellow, no-passing zone, coming into a blind curve. I couldn't help thinking what an idiot. Next thing I know after the curve the next guy does the same thing. After the next curve the third guy does it. At least the fourth guy had a little bit of smarts and didn't try to pass any of us going into a blind curve, just during a double yellow, no passing zone.

Then we all go around a corner a ways down and the 4 of them are basically stopped in the road right after a curve. Are they just asking to get hit?!?!?! Two of them take off but then the other two stayed behind. I thought maybe one of them had a bike problem or ran out of gas. Evidently not cause next thing I know......... The two of them did the same thing. Passing in a double yellow coming into a blind curve to get back around everyone.

I understand that most of the road was a no passing zone area and there were a lot of blind curves, but were they crazy?! I think as a rider you have to understand that even though a road just seems made for motorcycles you have to share it with drivers. What if a car had come around one of those curves? As a driver it would make me sick to possibly run over a motorcyclist because he was riding irresponsibly and crashed. These guys literally made me sick to my stomach. Guys like that just give the rest of us a bad name. Only good thing I can say about them is at least they were wearing full gear.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Not too swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela155 View Post
Guys like that just give the rest of us a bad name. Only good thing I can say about them is at least they were wearing full gear.
Agreed, and full gear is no excuse for stupidity(not implying that's what you are saying) nor does it prevent us rescue personnel from having to pick up body parts 10 feet away from each other.

2003 Honda 919, Carbon Sato's, PCIII-USB planned asphalt gray
2007 Majestic Blue NISMO KC, 4x4, 6-speed, Gibson catback, Clarion DUZ385SAT
2007 Trek EX8-Custom parts build by me for me
1992 Nissan 240sx- SR20DET swap, HKS intake, exhaust, and SSQV, VLSD, S14 Silvia JDM seats(super comfy), Exedy clutch
post #3 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Where at in SE Ohio? I ride down there all the time, but I almost always run solo, and I never pull that type of crap.

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Now the rest of the world!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci

post #4 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehren2800 View Post
Where at in SE Ohio? I ride down there all the time, but I almost always run solo, and I never pull that type of crap.
I was mostly in Morgan County on 78. Kept wishing I was on the bike, not in a convertible.

post #5 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Imaginifer

78 is a great road between Nelsonville in Athens Co and around the Glouster
area. Then again that whole area is fun to ride.
555 is probably the most technical to ride

Paul

Live to ride, but ride to ride another day!
post #6 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

We drove 555 too. It was fun!

post #7 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Sounds like they were getting their kicks out of pissing off other motorists and pulling stupid stunts. That kind of crap gives us all a bad name.

post #8 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

I'll pass on a dbl yellow when i have clear view, never when it's a bling curve. I did have motorcyclists pass me while i was on the bike one day in a blind corner... it was quite frighten as the cage almost hit him... funny thing about cagers when they see an oncoming bike in their lane, they rarely try to avoid you instead they slam on the brakes and stay in the lane. Biker never wins in that situation.

post #9 of 10 Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Imaginifer

I think the south side of 78 is the better than the north but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Paul

Live to ride, but ride to ride another day!
post #10 of 10 Old 09-04-2008, 06:52 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

I estimate they were younger doody heads.

I'll echo a response that I made before here.

If you had the chance, you might pull up to where they stopped for a break, back your bike up to the side of theirs and do a tremendous burnout, just plating the side of their bike in burning hot rubber bits. Then, drop rpms let out the clutch and slowly ride away.

It is really funny in concept.

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode