Soooo I got an FZ1 today! I thought my Bandit was fun. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 03-17-2016, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Kyle

Soooo I got an FZ1 today! I thought my Bandit was fun.

I thought my stage 3 02 Naked Bandit 1200 was fun. Oh boy have I been missing out! I just got this 01 today with 41k on the clock paid 2100 which seems like an alright deal around this time. Guy seemed to really maintain it well, just needs a few minor things (cables). He rebuilt the front forks, put on an R6 rear shock and flush mount signals. Everything else it stock, which is nice. Only thing that concerns me is the tires are blistered, I mean there's almost no chicken strips on her and the tires have boogers. Runs great and pulls hard, so no complaints at all! Really excited for the weather to warm up!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-18-2016, 06:13 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

We could say better with photos, but tire boogers aren't necessarily a bad thing, just means it was rode hard and the tires got hot

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #3 of 8 Old 03-18-2016, 08:49 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

A good friend of mine had a couple of those things. They are very nice bikes. But by my standards they're a big ol barge. How my friend did what he did on curvy roads and Putnam, on that big old thing, I'll never know. I told him a hundred times that I was glad he wasn't on a 600, I'd have never been able to keep up.

Sounds like your FZ has had some Suspention work. That's good. They need it. Throw on a can, and rejet those carbs, and it will run better, a lot better.

Sounds like your bike has been on a track, or at least the tires have.....

But honestly, that's a 15 year old bike. Have you ridden anything new lately?

post #4 of 8 Old 03-18-2016, 09:24 PM
oops hurts

Garage
After I wrecked my first 919 I bought an FZ1. I was never really comfortable on it, it just seemed like I shouldnt be going 130mph on something so heavy, which also had weak brakes and suspension. (you could say that about any retail bike tho). Back to my second 919 and I dont ever want to go that fast again. Id give the bike an ok fit and finish rating tho.

post #5 of 8 Old 03-19-2016, 06:41 AM
Tirone

That thing looks awesome! Definitely a sexy bike. I wouldn't complain about having some more pics. . .
What're your plans for it? Is it your daily street bike? Sounds like it's a good realistic fun bike: Yamaha FZ1 | First Ride & Review | Motorcyclist Online

Will that new shock and fork bits have as much effect as they do on the 919? If so, you may never look upon a Bandit the same again.

Enjoy!

-b

post #6 of 8 Old 03-19-2016, 02:25 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboom View Post
Back to my second 919 and I dont ever want to go that fast again. Id give the bike an ok fit and finish rating tho.
Why not? You'd easily hit 135-137 at PIR if you wanted to, and safely that is.

Man I miss the tracks of the north west!

post #7 of 8 Old 03-22-2016, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushbuster View Post
That thing looks awesome! Definitely a sexy bike. I wouldn't complain about having some more pics. . .
What're your plans for it? Is it your daily street bike? Sounds like it's a good realistic fun bike: Yamaha FZ1 | First Ride & Review | Motorcyclist Online

Will that new shock and fork bits have as much effect as they do on the 919? If so, you may never look upon a Bandit the same again.

Enjoy!

-b
Just a daily street bike is what I'll be using it for. I also have a Built 94 5.0 I drive on occasion so it'll just fill that gap between my daily driver and the Mustang. Like my Bandit did.

post #8 of 8 Old 03-22-2016, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Kyle

I thought about a 919, but they are getting hard to find in good condition and at a decent price. My buddies dad had one for 9 years and I loved that bike. It was matte black with red accents and a power commander. He sold it with 33k on the clock for almost nothing, but I wasn't aware he was trying to sell it or I definitely would have bought it. He also recommended me to the carbed FZ because he said they are very fun and bulletproof bikes. Apparently the Fuel Injected ones had problems with the fuel trim and they didn't feel as powerful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode