night lights - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 09-22-2008, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

night lights

Days are getting shorter and I'm finding myself driving at night more often. I'd like to put on some additional driving lights. Does anyone have practical knowledge coparing PIAA to motolights (in addition to other brands). I've tried using the search function but it only searches for "night" and "lights" not together so I appologize if this has been discussed before. I do not think I can use HID because of my Kissan headlight modulator, but I can upgrade my bulb. I'd like to avoid another $400 mod if possible,....
Thank you in advance.

There's your plan and then there's God's plan.........
Your's doesn't matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I just put in a new replacement bulb. I got it on ebay for 20 for the pair and it is a 6000k 90w bulb and it is a lot brighter than the stock bulb. I recommend that you try that route before spending another 400

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #3 of 9 Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 
Total Awards: 2

PIAA's are great bulbs. Personal experience with them and would give the thumbs up.

As for HID, you can find them on eBay but for the love of god do not buy the cheap ones. You want to get a kit with a good Ballast.

I had a kit from this guy (Vleds) on ebay installed on my 450R and it was perfect. Took the beating of motocross and trail riding!

this is the kit that will be going on my bike when ever I get around to it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-HID...2592QQtcZphoto

this one is interesting also!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...mZ360090181297

post #4 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 08:19 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Ripper which PIAA did you use on the 919? What about mounting, did you have to jurry-rig?

Your's doesn't matter.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

I used it in my 450R. It was a direct replacement just as is the one for the 919. H4 SERIES INTENSE WHITE and can be purchased Here

post #6 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Looking back at my intital request I guess I wasn't specific enough. I'm really looking to add lights in addition to upgrading my headlight. Because I am waiting to hear from Kissan tech what will work with my headlight modulator my objective is to increase the number of lights. Such as the Motolights that mount directly to the caliper/ fender, fork etc. Since Motolights are approx $400 I would like something similar but less expensive. I see PIAA driving lights at Walmart but I think they are for cars. Has anyone mounted and used these smaller add on lights? How about Kuryakyn? Am I missing another maker?? I hope this helps clarify my goal. Thank you for your help thus far.

Your's doesn't matter.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfilet300 View Post
Looking back at my intital request I guess I wasn't specific enough. I'm really looking to add lights in addition to upgrading my headlight. Because I am waiting to hear from Kissan tech what will work with my headlight modulator my objective is to increase the number of lights. Such as the Motolights that mount directly to the caliper/ fender, fork etc. Since Motolights are approx $400 I would like something similar but less expensive. I see PIAA driving lights at Walmart but I think they are for cars. Has anyone mounted and used these smaller add on lights? How about Kuryakyn? Am I missing another maker?? I hope this helps clarify my goal. Thank you for your help thus far.
I got ya! Try this site http://www.trailtech.net/lights.html

I was looking at making my own dual light setup with the eclipse HID SC4's. They are self contained and require only a 2 wire hookup. they have several different styles and sizes. I've seen the MR16's in both halogen and HID. Both function great and will provide more than enough light. Price is right too!

post #8 of 9 Old 09-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

post #9 of 9 Old 09-29-2008, 07:58 AM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
PIAA's are great bulbs. Personal experience with them and would give the thumbs up.

As for HID, you can find them on eBay but for the love of god do not buy the cheap ones. You want to get a kit with a good Ballast.

I had a kit from this guy (Vleds) on ebay installed on my 450R and it was perfect. Took the beating of motocross and trail riding!

this is the kit that will be going on my bike when ever I get around to it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-HID...2592QQtcZphoto

this one is interesting also!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-C...mZ360090181297
I was checking out the VLeds sight. $99 for an HID kit is great. Has anyone else used this kit?

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode