mmm duc - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
WoW

mmm duc

I work at a gym. There are about 4,000 members. One of them happens to be the shop manager over at BCM Ducati over in Laconia, NH. So I stop by today just to see what they've got sitting around. About 10 seconds later I was riding one of these:

took that out for a little blast. It was pretty fast let me tell you. Hung out at the shop for maybe another 20 minutes, then I figured I should probably get home and get ready for work, when the guy says "Wanna take out a triple 9?"

yes.

unfortunately the battery was dead

But hey that's okay, because that is a really nice sport 1000 with a siiiiick zard exhaust and slipper clutch sitting over there!

Let me tell you something. I've never heard a more sexual sounding bike in my life. In fact I cruised around on this one for about 40 minutes, and terrorized a bunch of people at a local park, and left a few harley guys with their jaws on the ground. When you come off the throttle at about 4 rpms under engine breaking the bike would make the most lovely popping backfiring, especially when you drop from 4th gear to 1 and just let the clutch out

I was actually very glad that I got to ride the S4rs, because I had considered a monster over my Triumph, and I definitely like the SIII better than the monster. Although the Duc's brakes were razor sharp, and I think it handled a bit better. I like the fit and finish of my Brit much better, the Duc wasn't quite as comfortable either.

Can't say much about the 999s as I didn't get to ride it

But the sport 1000...Well, I want a slipper clutch on my bike, it was a lot of fun. The Sport 1000 is a great bike. I know there is a guy on here with one, and i'm about 20 times more jealous of him now than I already was. It's sexy, it's rare, it sounds great, it handles great, it brakes great...but holy cow is it uncomfortable. "Committed" doesn't even begin to describe the ergo's on this thing. I also found it a difficult bike to move around at slow speeds. Something I would love to have as a second or third bike, but 35 minutes was about all I cuold take on it. You are pretty raked out on the thing.

Anyway I took some horrible video with my phone so I'll try to get that up, so you can hear these bikes, although my phone doesn't do them justice.

Find me on all over the web:

www.vwvortex.com- spoolin215
www.honda-tech.com- germanhondaslayer
www.bodybuilding.com- forcefedfreak
www.triumphrat.net- forcefedfreak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 PM

The Sport 1000 does indeed look quite uncomfortable. However, I'm still jealous that you got to ride one. Thats some crazy exhaust routing, too. Looks like it might get a little toastie by your leg while cruising through town.

post #3 of 7 Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 AM
Quitting is for Quitters!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

I love Ducati. those are some sweet looking bikes. I will have one some day. I hate you now! j/k

-Mercedes- or you can call me YaYa

post #4 of 7 Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX9R
The Sport 1000 does indeed look quite uncomfortable. However, I'm still jealous that you got to ride one. Thats some crazy exhaust routing, too. Looks like it might get a little toastie by your leg while cruising through town.

to be honest with you it might have been burning my flesh, but I was to busy orgasming over the exhaust note. haha.

post #5 of 7 Old 07-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

As long as we are talking Ducati let me add this one: My riding buddy just picked up the beauty, the bast part is I get to ride it on Sunday mornings.

2006 Ducati Monster S4Rs Testastretta

post #6 of 7 Old 07-19-2006, 07:19 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Oh wowwwwwwwww!

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #7 of 7 Old 07-19-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
WoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by m51142
As long as we are talking Ducati let me add this one: My riding buddy just picked up the beauty, the bast part is I get to ride it on Sunday mornings.

2006 Ducati Monster S4Rs Testastretta

yeah the one I rode had wheels like that one. Idk much about em'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode