post #1 of 1 Old 12-29-2007, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 6

How PCIII maps are made.

I found this on another site.
I thought it might be useful.
I often wondered what each # represented in the map.

This was written by Dan Kyle. Kyle USA, Was part of Erion Honda for a few years.

The PC is designed to be used with the Dynojet 250 dyno.

The 250 dyno is used for making the maps for the PC.

The 250 dyno has an eddy current load adapter and an Air/Fuel ratio sensor.

There are two ways of making maps, for now let's skip the older method and go straight to the easiest most current.
"Tuning Link"
The Tuning link software makes making a map much faster and is very accurate.
(I should point out that the exhaust air recirculation,(Pair Valves) must be blocked off.)

First set the software to the air/fuel ratio you want the bike to be at 3 different RPM/Throttle position blocks, for the sake of this discussion lets just say at all throttle positions and RPM's we want it at 12.5 to 1, that is 12.5 parts air to one part fuel.

Next we pick a starting point usually 1000 RPM 0% throttle.
The tuning link software will measure the air/fuel ratio, change the map, recheck, and tell you to go to the next throttle position, those are 0%, 2%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, and 100%. as the operator changes and holds each throttle position the software adjusts and rechecks the Air/fuel ratio, and in real time alters the fuel map. The dyno uses the eddy current load cell to hold the bikes engine at each RPM position. You repeat this for each RPM block, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500, up to red line.

It is very, very important to maintain a constant water temp, usually as close to 180 degrees as possible, a change of 15 degrees is about the max allowable.
The numbers in the map indicate richer or leaner than the stock map, the stock map would be unchanged if all the numbers are zero.
Now how much of a change is each number??
If you measure the A/F ratio as 13.0 and you want it 12.5, a "5" would be inserted, this richens the mixture, if the measured A/F is 11.0 a "-15" would lean it out to 12.5. So "10" is equal to 1.0 A/F ratio and "1" is a .1 change in A/F ratio.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode