Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-04-2014, 08:31 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1w1Boy View Post
Is it just me, or does the licence plate bracket looked photoshopped on and not centered?

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #3 of 18 Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Cornicen

People with money burning a hole in their pocket and a wish to shorten their life expectancy have some great 2015s to choose from!

post #4 of 18 Old 11-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Le So Cal Troll

hmmmm wonder what that powerplant is gonna be..... interesting exhaust setup.

post #5 of 18 Old 11-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
hmmmm wonder what that powerplant is gonna be..... interesting exhaust setup.
There was talk of a V5 a while back - ???

post #6 of 18 Old 11-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
There was talk of a V5 a while back - ???
My understanding is that it's essentially a race-bike-with-lights version of the bike Hayden has right now. That would make it a V4 literbike with a criminal price tag.

2002 919 40,000 miles
"racing is life...everything else is just waiting"
post #7 of 18 Old 11-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Cornicen

Don't get me wrong, I love the bike, but honestly, what is the point in releasing a track bike for $100,000?

Couldn't they just make an updated 1000rr model with new fairings/exhausts that are GP inspired, for what the bike normally goes for???

Bikes:
2004 V-Rod (sold)
2004 CBR600F4i (sold)
2003 RC51
2010 Triump Scrambler (sold)
2003 CB900F
2004 CBR 600rr

Non Bikes:
2007 JK Sahara
2005 CTS V (sold)
2006 Audi S4
post #8 of 18 Old 11-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Tesserarius

F'k and I thought the RC45 was overpriced when it came out.
I would rather have the NSR500 v-twin that was $100,000.oo
post #9 of 18 Old 11-06-2014, 08:23 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stutz View Post
F'k and I thought the RC45 was overpriced when it came out.
I would rather have the NSR500 v-twin that was $100,000.oo
You do have a point there. Even adjusting for inflation optimistically, you're looking at a price gap of around $60k. However, this new beast is in a whole different world of performance. Don't get me wrong, though, I still wouldn't buy it even if I had the money. The R1M looks far more attractive in terms of the performance offered per dollar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbonater View Post
Couldn't they just make an updated 1000rr model with new fairings/exhausts that are GP inspired, for what the bike normally goes for???
Isn't that sort of the idea behind the SP version?

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #10 of 18 Old 11-06-2014, 09:09 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbonater View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the bike, but honestly, what is the point in releasing a track bike for $100,000?
Simple, manufacturers need to make money and they aren't getting it from us everyday folks so they are going after the elite with special toyz only the rich can afford.

Used to be the motorcycle manufacturers sponsored professional road racing in this country and in return we bought their bikes right off the showroom floors. The recession came and their sales slumped which is what killed American Road Racing. No bucks, no Buck Rogers. The factories knew this long ago and pulled out their funding because the return on their investment was no longer there when nobody was buying new bikes. It's so bad they stopped updating their models every two years and now some of them are going on 5 and 6 years with no real updates. A stark change from the way it used to be, but those with their deep pockets can purchase $65,000 Superleggera's and Desmosedici's etc. The manufacturers are starting to cater to those who have the real money and will turn a profit off of them instead of catering to the masses with affordable bikes and decent technology. It may look like a good thing on the surface to see these high dollar, high performance bikes come onto the scene, but in the end it is not going to be good for us regular guys. Even 600cc bikes are encroaching on the $12,000-$14,000 USD range when wages have pretty much remained the same since the time you could buy them for about half that price.

post #11 of 18 Old 11-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Simple, manufacturers need to make money and they aren't getting it from us everyday folks so they are going after the elite with special toyz only the rich can afford.

Used to be the motorcycle manufacturers sponsored professional road racing in this country and in return we bought their bikes right off the showroom floors. The recession came and their sales slumped which is what killed American Road Racing. No bucks, no Buck Rogers. The factories knew this long ago and pulled out their funding because the return on their investment was no longer there when nobody was buying new bikes. It's so bad they stopped updating their models every two years and now some of them are going on 5 and 6 years with no real updates. A stark change from the way it used to be, but those with their deep pockets can purchase $65,000 Superleggera's and Desmosedici's etc. The manufacturers are starting to cater to those who have the real money and will turn a profit off of them instead of catering to the masses with affordable bikes and decent technology. It may look like a good thing on the surface to see these high dollar, high performance bikes come onto the scene, but in the end it is not going to be good for us regular guys. Even 600cc bikes are encroaching on the $12,000-$14,000 USD range when wages have pretty much remained the same since the time you could buy them for about half that price.
The same logic could probably be used to explain the explosion of inexpensive, low-displacement machines. Really, it's basically the middle class dying off that's causing current sales and marketing strategies and statistics. Don't get me wrong, I like that we're seeing a lot of competition in the 300-500cc range, but I'd prefer some competitive pricing in the 600 sportbike range, too.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #12 of 18 Old 11-06-2014, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

post #13 of 18 Old 11-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post

I want to add, they may of also lost focus.

Honda, for example, with it's "focus groups", has become a joke of what it used to be IMO.

And the magazines - I remember when they were written for the reader. All the sudden, they started to write for the manufacturer, and now, well, all we get is sugar coated b-s.

And yes, prices have gone up because the dollar is nearly worthless. Yes, our American dollar is nearly worthless, thanks in no small part to the recent "leader" of this country putting us further and further into debt.

Big government = little freedom

Change is blowing in the wind, hopefully in the right direction this time

post #14 of 18 Old 11-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Cornicen

In 'merica we call that class warefare.

Oops.

post #15 of 18 Old 11-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Primus Pilus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedog View Post
In 'merica we call that class warefare.

Oops.
In the real world, it's called math(s). Plural if you're from the Old World.

2002 919 40,000 miles
post #16 of 18 Old 11-08-2014, 07:59 AM
The Instigator

I just don't see how anyone could say anything bad about bikes like this being released to the public.

post #17 of 18 Old 11-08-2014, 08:41 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
I just don't see how anyone could say anything bad about bikes like this being released to the public.
Quite simply, they aren't releasing them for you or anyone else on this forum filled with guys that are worried about spending more than $37 dollars to improve their suspension etc.

post #18 of 18 Old 11-08-2014, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Left of Centre

Aww, go on, LDH, you can admit it to us - you like some people sometimes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode