Honda 919 Powercommander maps - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 31 Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Honda 919 Powercommander maps

hey all
just built me a new exhaust put the m2 vale single side twobros can on the bike. was looking to see if any one has a map for a single side exhaust of any sort for the honda 919. i am gonna make a new intake inlet before i have a map built

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundertusk View Post
hey all
just built me a new exhaust put the m2 vale single side twobros can on the bike. was looking to see if any one has a map for a single side exhaust of any sort for the honda 919. i am gonna make a new intake inlet before i have a map built
A "new intake inlet" ?
You mean something to most likely nicely screw up the inlet ?

post #3 of 31 Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
A "new intake inlet" ?
You mean something to most likely nicely screw up the inlet ?

mcromo is right here though. it'll take a lot of tinkering with a honda intake design to make it work as well as oem (if better is possible at all). one thing honda engineers know is their intake designs!!! i've dealt with tinkering enough honda intakes to conclude they know their shit in that area and sometimes oem is just best left alone performance wise. however, cosmetically it's an entirely different story! they sure like fugly intakes

post #4 of 31 Old 02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post

mcromo is right here though. it'll take a lot of tinkering with a honda intake design to make it work as well as oem (if better is possible at all). one thing honda engineers know is their intake designs!!! i've dealt with tinkering enough honda intakes to conclude they know their shit in that area and sometimes oem is just best left alone performance wise. however, cosmetically it's an entirely different story! they sure like fugly intakes
I paid to have a series of dyno runs done to compare stock to BMC filter plus side cover on /off comparative runs.

The BMC nets a hair, the only justification for having one is it being a life long filter, and only if you plan to be a life long owner.

The side cover on /off barely showed anything, and once I looked at it closely, I realized that simple run to run variances of coolant and oil temps would explain it all. I defy anyone to come up with a revised inlet that still has a stock or stock dimensioned filter in place, that yields the same, let alone any more torque or power, anywhere on the curve.
Case closed.

post #5 of 31 Old 02-07-2012, 03:32 PM
no max no more

pretty much well known there designed to run on still air....any sort of ram air intake track could result in more on the very top end and could only be measured at the drag strip and will effect low mid power on the down side

dont need a bike to ride the fast lane
post #6 of 31 Old 02-07-2012, 04:00 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
pretty much well known there designed to run on still air....any sort of ram air intake track could result in more on the very top end and could only be measured at the drag strip and will effect low mid power on the down side
IF a properly designed, located and practical arrangement can be fabbed up, or course it would help.

post #7 of 31 Old 02-08-2012, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Reason to try new intake inlet came to me looking at measurments is inlet on filter is 70mm inlet opening going to filter is only 60mm. Beside everyone nit picking my thoughts on intake, back to other part of post. Has anyone got a map for single side exhaust.

post #8 of 31 Old 02-08-2012, 06:51 AM
TEXAN

Yes, g00gl3it does. There are at least two maps in the Dropbox folder. PM g00gl3it to gain access.

post #9 of 31 Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF1VE View Post
Yes, g00gl3it does. There are at least two maps in the Dropbox folder. PM g00gl3it to gain access.
M112-004 map is a standard PC issued map for a Two Bros 4:1
The Simpson map is a variation of that.
I think both are sea level derived maps.
g00gl3it has a good map derived at 5,000 ft or so.
All the above mentioned maps are in the Drop Box

g00gl3it is again thanked for setting up the Drop Box.

post #10 of 31 Old 02-08-2012, 04:34 PM
no max no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
IF a properly designed, located and practical arrangement can be fabbed up, or course it would help.
like the vmax intake track gets longer the higher the rpm or faster you go.... then again its a 20.000 dollar machine set up at the factory...not a pop on part

remember watching dyno runs for several years....tuner would make dyno runs with filter off 8 to 10 runs make adjustments along the way...add the filter and only lose 1/2 to 1 hp.......besides we have the flapper valve

post #11 of 31 Old 02-09-2012, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

What's the deal with flapper valve does anyone run it or does that get pulled Fairly early

post #12 of 31 Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 AM
McTavish

Quote:
What's the deal with flapper valve does anyone run it or does that get pulled Fairly early
It's there for intake noise reduction.

post #13 of 31 Old 02-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
I explain it a bit here: Honda 919 CB900F Pair Valve Removal and Flapper mod.avi - YouTube

While you're at it, do the pair removal .

Send me a PM with your email address and I can send you some maps to try, or if you want access to the Dropbox folder that we share (if you know what it is), I can do that as well.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #14 of 31 Old 02-10-2012, 12:12 PM
TEXAN

Slight tangent - I installed the used serial port PCIII last night, and I ported the Pvster map to the .map format (I am at about 4000 feet ASL). REALLY enjoyed my ride into work this morning - the engine was SO smooth, and user-friendly - I was impressed with the difference.

If you want, I'll add a few notes to the map, and save in the Dropbox.

post #15 of 31 Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Slight tangent - I installed the used serial port PCIII last night, and I ported the Pvster map to the .map format (I am at about 4000 feet ASL). REALLY enjoyed my ride into work this morning - the engine was SO smooth, and user-friendly - I was impressed with the difference.

Please do!

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #16 of 31 Old 02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
The Cripple

Quote:

hahah, if you liked that map..... you should try my new one i just got last weekend. dude was having issues with the 919 dumping fuel after the fan kicked on and while it's an overall decently nice tune, issues reared their ugly head in stop/go traffic when cold out and the fan kicked on. this new map had at least 18% of fuel taken out across the bottom half of the rpm range and the result removed most (if not all, still need to do more testing) of those issues and made significant improvements on my cold start issue. i'll continue playing with it and have mcromo go over it with me before i post it up.

post #17 of 31 Old 02-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
hahah, if you liked that map..... you should try my new one i just got last weekend. dude was having issues with the 919 dumping fuel after the fan kicked on and while it's an overall decently nice tune, issues reared their ugly head in stop/go traffic when cold out and the fan kicked on. this new map had at least 18% of fuel taken out across the bottom half of the rpm range and the result removed most (if not all, still need to do more testing) of those issues and made significant improvements on my cold start issue. i'll continue playing with it and have mcromo go over it with me before i post it up.
Pvster, throw your map in Dropbox, if you have access...

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #18 of 31 Old 02-10-2012, 04:41 PM
no max no more

more things change the more they stay the same...years back people would change there jets all the time looking for that perfect combo...now they play with there maps,,everyone thinking theres is the best.....in the end it dont matter if running worse or better,,it only matters what you think or think you think

post #19 of 31 Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 PM
TEXAN

Quote:
Sounds good, I'll post up the converted old map, and try out the new one when you've got it uploaded.

post #20 of 31 Old 06-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Qex
What goes here?

PowerCommander Maps AGAIN!!!!!

You can search this forum forever talking about PCIII maps... I hear talk about the drop box but I can't seem to find the link. Maybe I am retarded. Can somebody point me to this?

I am in Colorado Springs (approx 6000 ft give or take where you are in town) and I am trying to avoid going to get a dyno tune. This thread talks about a map from Pvster that MF1VE worked with and I would like to try it.

I have the older serial port PCIII and a Two Brothers single exhaust. The bike has a K&N filter that came on it but I can put any filter necessary. Flapper mod and PAIR mod.

All help is appreciated.

The niner commands you to help.
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...&pictureid=839

'02 919 PCIII, Two Bros, Sargent, Ohlins, and some other stuff.
post #21 of 31 Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qex View Post
You can search this forum forever talking about PCIII maps... I hear talk about the drop box but I can't seem to find the link. Maybe I am retarded. Can somebody point me to this?

I am in Colorado Springs (approx 6000 ft give or take where you are in town) and I am trying to avoid going to get a dyno tune. This thread talks about a map from Pvster that MF1VE worked with and I would like to try it.

I have the older serial port PCIII and a Two Brothers single exhaust. The bike has a K&N filter that came on it but I can put any filter necessary. Flapper mod and PAIR mod.

All help is appreciated.

The niner commands you to help.
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...&pictureid=839
There is limited access to the drop box, and there needs to be.
I'm not the gatekeeper, but I can say that a one month member is not going to get access to it.
My map file is at least as big as the drop box file. (guess why)
Most maps you'll find will be in the current, post serial port, usb format called .djm.
Serial port PCs need the earlier .map format.
The PC software provides for .map to .djm conversion ,but not the other way.
One needs to manually create a .map map from the data of the .djm map.
You need the early software to do so.
It's all very easy to do.
I did one for Rickard, and it worked.
If your computer does not have a serial port, you will need a usb x serial port converter, and per PowerCommander, only use Belkin adaptors and software, Microsoft driver included.
If you get in a real jam, or feel in way over head, I can do a .map conversion for you, of what ever map you want to try.

PM me as need be.

post #22 of 31 Old 06-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

The link to download all the drop box files is in the helpful hint sticky. On my phone now, otherwise I'd post a link.

That's only to download, mind you. Additional access is needed to add or delete content, which is regulated through myself, the coolest 919 owner there is. :-p

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #23 of 31 Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
That's only to download, mind you. Additional access is needed to add or delete content, which is regulated through myself, the gheyest 919 owner there is. :-p
Fixed for you

post #24 of 31 Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster

Fixed for you
Jelly, you jelly :-p

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #25 of 31 Old 06-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Centurion

Garage
I just got my PWC3 in the mail today how do i get access to the dropbox for some maps ?

I'm rocking the danmoto's if anybody have a map suggestion.

EDIT: not going to lie...the c3 program is quite intimidating to use.

post #26 of 31 Old 06-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Centurion

Garage
I have no idea how to use this thing xD

If somebody could give me a rundown of the attached image.
Note that the table is what I recovered from the PWC3 so I haven't changed anything yet.

I've noticed that at low rpms, if the bike is in gear it's hard to maintain smooth throttle. When I let go of the throttle completely and i'm in gear, the bike kinda chugs and twitches along. I guess the idling is a bit rough and could be smoothed out?

Let me know if I could provide additional info much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (47.5 KB, 29 views)

post #27 of 31 Old 06-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Centurion

Garage
bump or something xD ?

post #28 of 31 Old 06-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Hey @ewmin3m,

I personally wouldn't adjust individual trim levels. I would load a map from the Dropbox folder and roll with it.

Unless you have more advanced mechanical skills or access to someone with a dyno, it's best to leave those fields alone. There are a few on here who DO know what they are doing and have used those fields to some success, but only to smooth out the throttle in certain RPM areas, etc.

Most of which has already been done with successful dyno tunes, which values are then stored in said maps in Dropbox.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #29 of 31 Old 06-13-2016, 12:27 AM
Centurion

Garage
Thanks I'll shall do that.

Quote:
Hey @ewmin3m,

I personally wouldn't adjust individual trim levels. I would load a map from the Dropbox folder and roll with it.

Unless you have more advanced mechanical skills or access to someone with a dyno, it's best to leave those fields alone. There are a few on here who DO know what they are doing and have used those fields to some success, but only to smooth out the throttle in certain RPM areas, etc.

Most of which has already been done with successful dyno tunes, which values are then stored in said maps in Dropbox.

post #30 of 31 Old 10-01-2017, 03:38 PM
919 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
Thanks I'll shall do that.

Quote:
Hey @ewmin3m,

Ewmin3m. Which map did you settle on for your Danmoto's. Thanks mate.

post #31 of 31 Old 10-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Centurion

Garage
ugh.... I have no idea xD it's been so long and I didn't keep any notes for what I did unfortunately... sorry about that. I used what was in the dropbox though, so I'm sure you'd be able to figure it out...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode