Hit by bee or wasp! - Page 2 - Wrist Twisters

post #41 of 84 Old 04-14-2010, 10:11 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

^^^ There, but by the grace of god, go I... No wonder you're scarred by that experience!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 84 Old 04-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Immune

No sting or bite stories on the 919 yet. Any time I ride with the visor up though I'm thinking about it.

Been stung by bees a few times. Worst time was inside my mouth. I was riding up a hill on a bicycle sucking in air and next thing I know I had a bee in my mouth. I spit it out as quickly as I could, but it took a little jostling around to get it out. I was so panicked at first I couldn't even tell if I'd been stung. Then seconds after spitting it out of my mouth I could feel the pain come on.

Don't steal! The government hates competition.
post #43 of 84 Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Tirone

Unhappy hit,bit,nitwit

Rescued a more than a few pound common snapping turtle off a road very near,but not near enough,to my house.I put it under my mesh jacket above a tshirt and bullet rest. vest. Well it moved itself around and in the driveway [for less than a minute], clawed the vest,down and latched on to my left nipple chest area. a lot of screaming for help ensued and my wife came out with a camera. i will try to find pic from last year. i had a bruise for weeks! later i explain the monster black ratsnake and long bridge!

post #44 of 84 Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

I got a bumblebee inside my helmet visor when I was a kid. Had one of those old 70's style 3/4 helmets with the yellow bubble visor, was out riding my mini bike in the sheep pasture and the damn bumblebee decided to fly up under my visor. I dumped the bike in a panic and managed to rip off my helmet before he stung my face luckily.

Have had a few Junebugs whack me in the chest, even with a leather jacket they hurt like hell!

Superduke
R1200GS
XR650L
post #45 of 84 Old 04-15-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Hastatus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtdgov View Post
No sting or bite stories on the 919 yet. Any time I ride with the visor up though I'm thinking about it.
Since I got stung, I only crack my visor open if I don't wear sunglasses.

post #46 of 84 Old 04-15-2010, 06:43 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Had a butterfly hit square in the middle of my visor this afternoon, one minute I was watching him flutter on the spring breeze, next he was a giant yellow spooge directly in my line of vision.

post #47 of 84 Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Had a wasp go up and get inbetween my chinstrap right under my left ear.

Man that thing stung me like 20 times before I got pulled over and that helmet off!

I kept mashing it in a vain attempt to kill what ever was inflicting the pain!

Well that was my story, and it was a full face helmet......

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #48 of 84 Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Hastatus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMountaintop View Post
Had a wasp go up and get inbetween my chinstrap right under my left ear.

Man that thing stung me like 20 times before I got pulled over and that helmet off!

I kept mashing it in a vain attempt to kill what ever was inflicting the pain!

Well that was my story, and it was a full face helmet......
Ouch!

post #49 of 84 Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Ouch!

It was more like OUCH FU&K FU&K FU&K OUCH FU&K ect...................16 more or so times........

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #50 of 84 Old 06-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Gets censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTraffic View Post
No bee or wasp stories, though a June Bug at speed REALLY sucks.

June Bug, meet Adam's Apple. FUUUUUU!!!
dude i caught one of those big juicy some a bitches in the mouth. Somehow it finnagled just past my chin guard but got it enough to explode it, then the remaining juices (there was alot) proceeded to flow directly into my mouth... super nasty super bitter cant even describe it. the only way I knew what it was is the wings were still on my chin guard (visor up)

FUNKY, sorry you got stung.

post #51 of 84 Old 06-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Discen

Took this "insect" down last summer

Hitting it with my right shoulder doing something like 70 mph., made me somewhat more carefull out there...........

post #52 of 84 Old 06-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Gets censored

Whooooooa!

post #53 of 84 Old 06-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Tirone

Worst thing that ever ran into me was one of those super large black bee things, took it right in the chest at about 80! Felt like I got shot or something, pulled over and there was nothing but a big yellow gut spot on my shirt. Ever since that day I zip my jacket up all the way no matter what the temp is outside.

post #54 of 84 Old 03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Tirone

About 30 years ago was riding on my Yamaha XS650 at around 80-100 kmh with a open face helmet on and a bumblebee hit me square in the eye, knocked me out momentarily and straight off the back of the bike ... must have looked hella funny but was pretty rugged on me & mine lol. Never wore an open faced helmet again btw.

post #55 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Immune

I've had bumblebees hit me square in the chest and man do they hurt. Even with a leather jacket on if they hit in the right place it feels like getting hit with a rock.

I was riding with a guy a few years back and he was wearing shorts. All of a sudden he starts beating the heck out himself, pulls over, jumps off the bike and starts hopping around like a mad man. Turns out a yellow jacket has went up his shorts and stung/bit him on the groin three times. I laughed and told him that's why I never ride in shorts.

post #56 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 12:59 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

A red wasp or yellowjacket make me have a red spot for about 15 minutes.
But, a Bald Face Hornet is bad to the bone news! I got popped in the chin, then he went inside my shirt and popped me twice in the arm pit. They don't lose the stinger. I rode another mile to home and was dizzy and the sting burned like fire for a few hours. It turned blue and yellow a couple of days.

[
post #57 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Tesserarius

Full face helmet cracked open slightly. Bee found its way in and stung
me on the lip.
2 other times had bee/wasp/hornet? get in and managed to get the helmet
off before getting stung.
post #58 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Princeps Prior

last year i got a huge dragon fly in my helmet(full face with the visor up) and it wouldnt get out. i had to pull over and take the helmet off to get that fucker out

post #59 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Batman

i. hate. bugs.

all of them.

all of them suck, or bite, or sting, or splooge on me and piss me AND my dog off.

just thinking about it makes me angry. Its thoughts like these that make our terrible winters bearable. lil flying asshats cant survive in 30 below zero. grrr...

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #60 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 06:35 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodesign View Post
i. hate. bugs.

all of them.

all of them suck, or bite, or sting, or splooge on me and piss me AND my dog off.

just thinking about it makes me angry. Its thoughts like these that make our terrible winters bearable. lil flying asshats cant survive in 30 below zero. grrr...
+ 1,000, no dog yet though...

post #61 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Carp Killer

I caught a nice big bastard on my shin last summer riding in shorts. Dunno what it was but it had a good smack to it.

post #62 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Tirone

Having been riding for about 40 years now, I've got a few.

I'm going up the hill on Barloy Canyon road out of Laguna Seca, years ago (I lived there for 39 years, 6 miles from the track), and a bee goes into my helmet and zaps me right behind the ear. And I'm allergic to their stings. I stop, take my helmet off, and my brother or buddy Al (I forget exactly who was there, it might have been both of them) says, "Wow, I can see your head swelling as we are standing here." And sure enough, I can't put my helmet back on. Big ole lump on the side of my head. So I figured I'd better get home as soon as possible in case something else besides swelling started to happen (it usually didn't), so I head out the East Garrison gate at Fort Ord without a helmet (and we have helmet laws). The California Highway Patrol stops me at the gate, I point to my head, he goes "Ewwwww", and says, "Get to a doctor immediately", and I guess he radioed ahead, and all the rest of the cops all the way to Marina let me on through without a helmet. I went home, took some Benadryl and I was OK.

Another time, my brother, Al, and I were going through King City, the back way into Hollister. First, we are smoking along, I was on a 900 Ninja, my brother a GS1000, and Al a GS1100. We are booking down Bitterwater Canyon Road, way over 100, it's a big, fast, wide road, when Al or my brother pointed up, and there is an airplane pacing us, that said California Highway Patrol on the bottom of the wings. So we backed it down, just waiting for a road block, and the plane peels off. Never did see any cops out there. But, on the same trip, we get to Paicines. Going right at Paicines, which heads over to I-5, (we used to just go down any old road to see where it goes), I get in the lead, and I'm rolling pretty good. I come around a turn, and before I realize it, I'm in the middle of a herd of fucking tarantulas (I find out later that they migrate like that a month or so every year). There were thousands of them. And they are crunching under my tires. Meanwhile, my brother and Al are stopped and just cracking up. I forgot to mention that I have a spider thing going on. So, I'm thinking that one of these bastards are going to get flung up on my neck, and I'll just shit myself and die, right there. But I managed to creep through the yellow goo that was coming out of the crunched ones, and some how made it through the rest of the day. I probably still need therapy for that incident. It probably led to drug abuse and all kinds of other issues.

I've also hit a dog once, and I really like dogs. Killed it instantly. I felt pretty bad about that one.

post #63 of 84 Old 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Having been riding for about 40 years now, I've got a few.

I'm going up the hill on Barloy Canyon road out of Laguna Seca, years ago (I lived there for 39 years, 6 miles from the track), and a bee goes into my helmet and zaps me right behind the ear. And I'm allergic to their stings. I stop, take my helmet off, and my brother or buddy Al (I forget exactly who was there, it might have been both of them) says, "Wow, I can see your head swelling as we are standing here." And sure enough, I can't put my helmet back on. Big ole lump on the side of my head. So I figured I'd better get home as soon as possible in case something else besides swelling started to happen (it usually didn't), so I head out the East Garrison gate at Fort Ord without a helmet (and we have helmet laws). The California Highway Patrol stops me at the gate, I point to my head, he goes "Ewwwww", and says, "Get to a doctor immediately", and I guess he radioed ahead, and all the rest of the cops all the way to Marina let me on through without a helmet. I went home, took some Benadryl and I was OK.

Another time, my brother, Al, and I were going through King City, the back way into Hollister. First, we are smoking along, I was on a 900 Ninja, my brother a GS1000, and Al a GS1100. We are booking down Bitterwater Canyon Road, way over 100, it's a big, fast, wide road, when Al or my brother pointed up, and there is an airplane pacing us, that said California Highway Patrol on the bottom of the wings. So we backed it down, just waiting for a road block, and the plane peels off. Never did see any cops out there. But, on the same trip, we get to Paicines. Going right at Paicines, which heads over to I-5, (we used to just go down any old road to see where it goes), I get in the lead, and I'm rolling pretty good. I come around a turn, and before I realize it, I'm in the middle of a herd of fucking tarantulas (I find out later that they migrate like that a month or so every year). There were thousands of them. And they are crunching under my tires. Meanwhile, my brother and Al are stopped and just cracking up. I forgot to mention that I have a spider thing going on. So, I'm thinking that one of these bastards are going to get flung up on my neck, and I'll just shit myself and die, right there. But I managed to creep through the yellow goo that was coming out of the crunched ones, and some how made it through the rest of the day. I probably still need therapy for that incident. It probably led to drug abuse and all kinds of other issues.

I've also hit a dog once, and I really like dogs. Killed it instantly. I felt pretty bad about that one.
You sir take the cake!

post #64 of 84 Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 PM
...is a Nihonjin.

That last story was fantastic.

I don't know how you guys can keep rolling along after getting stung by a bee. I've flipped over my bars mountain biking after a bee got into my helmet. I'm scared of how I'd react if I ever got one my lid while riding a motorcycle.

post #65 of 84 Old 06-22-2011, 11:36 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

happened to me just two days ago. Riding home from work, got nailed to the right of my adams apple by a little bee. Freakin stung like the dickens.

post #66 of 84 Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 PM
MSF blacksheep

I killed a bird once with my right arm. It hit the inside of my elbow and ricocheted into my right ribs then out the back into another car. It kinda hurt but the trail of feathers floating in the air was worth it.

post #67 of 84 Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Tirone

Somehow I've never been stung while riding a motorcycle. On two different occasions I've had my visor cracked and had a bee fly in. Neither of those times I was stung though. Of course, both times I slammed on the brakes, pulled to the side of the road, flipped the visor open and head banged that thing outta there.

I do have a bad bee story though. A couple years back I was riding an ATV without a helmet and somehow had a yellow jacket fly into my right ear (like into the auditory canal). I have no idea how many times it stung me and I couldn't take my hand off the throttle right away so was swatting at my ear with my left hand. It was horrible. It's a good thing I'm not allergic to bee stings!

post #68 of 84 Old 06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Dare I say it?

I really would like to go a year without a bee stinging me while riding...

Dr D, that had to be pretty awful man...

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #69 of 84 Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I was stung in the chest while riding my dirtbike back in high school. It looked like I had three nipples for about a week.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #70 of 84 Old 06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I was about 17 and had just bought a Suzuki 400 street bike, GS400? I think?

Anyhoo, there was this dog that LOVED to chase anything down our road, and was rather vicious about it, he would bite bicyclists if they slowed down.

He came tearing out of his yard and my soccer instincts kicked in and I just threw my foot out, toes pointed at his throat.

When I turned around to go find him (felt like I had broken a toe) I find him lying in the ditch, gurgling to death from a broken windpipe. I rode up the driveway and told the owner what had happened, and he was like "'bout time someone hit that damn dog, I'll go get him later, glad yur ok".

I like dogs, but not vicious one's, they need to be put down.

Have had two bee stings, one on the cheek between sunglasses and helmet, the other got in behind my sunglasses and stung right on the corner of my eye near the tear duct. Luckily it was more swollen from the impact than it was from the sting. Still, it was all I could muster to pull safely out of traffic into the ACE parking lot and wipe it out of my eye.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #71 of 84 Old 06-26-2011, 05:09 AM
FXS
Knees in the Breeze

Summer day , sunny , warm , cruising along when I got this incredible pain right in the chest. Hurt so bad I thought I'd been shot. Looked down in time to see this accorn rollin arround on the tank before it fell off.

Never pick a fight with an old man..if he's too tired to fight, he'll just shoot you.
1979 H-D Low Rider (orig owner)
2009 K 1300 S (Lava Orange...the faster color)
post #72 of 84 Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 

Doing about 100 on a large radius left handed sweeper coming down Encinal Canyon road during a periodic ride when a bee flew under the chinbar and into my helmet. It was about the size of a B-52 (at least that's how big he looked to me) and was bouncing off the shield and my face. I had two options here:
Panic, concentrate on getting it the hell out of there, run off the road and down a practically vertical cliff, and die, or:
Keep doing what I was doing, reach up and open my shield to blow it out of there while my knee was skimming the asphalt.

I didn't die. Or change the line I was tracking. Kind of a non event, but still exciting.

There have been a multitude of other encounters, but since I seem to be immune to bee stings -- the most that happens is a little redness at the sting site -- they all died in the process and I just keep riding.

Now, hitting a Raven at 80 or so is another thing altogether, but I pressed on regardless. Very sore in the mod Thoracic region, but nothing broken. I had pretty much dismissed it until I pulled in for fuel, and the counter person asked if I needed an ambulance -- my jacket had a huge blood stain on it and she thought I had been shot! I asked if she could give me a hand hosing the blood off of me and the bike, which she did, and I continued my ride.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
post #73 of 84 Old 06-29-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Hastatus Posterior

Impressive!

post #74 of 84 Old 07-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Milites Gregarius

a bee to the face is why i started wearing a full face helmet dirt biking back in the day when i was 11.

post #75 of 84 Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehicks87 View Post
happened to me just two days ago. Riding home from work, got nailed to the right of my adams apple by a little bee. Freakin stung like the dickens.
Ditto. Hit my jacket, then bounce up and got lodged up under my chin strap. I still have the thick skin on my neck from the reaction. Doesn't beat the time I got hit in the hand on my old CBR going about 100. Nothing exciting, but the moment it happened I really though I'd been shot. It swelled up instantly to the point I couldn't even bend my fingers. That one was probably a wasp as wasp seems to make me swell up more. I hate them and after looking at my helmet after a long ride, I kind of have a hard time going back imagining that all that stuff used to hit me in the face when I was "cool" and didn't wear a helmet. Thankfully, I'm less cool now.

post #76 of 84 Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Revive. Glad I don't live in the south:

They're back: 17-year cicadas to swarm from Georgia to New York | Reuters

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #77 of 84 Old 05-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Aquilifer

Once I was riding to the hardware store last year and I decided to flip my visor up at one point, 1 second after doing so a bee buzzed in, I stopped dead in traffic and tried to shoo him out of the helmet, ended up stinging me on my chin, I looked like Jay Leno for a week, but no mishaps, people passing me thought I was having an epilectic fit haha

post #78 of 84 Old 06-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Tirone

This happened to me last summer, one of the few rides that I actually got to take. I was the only guy wearing gear, had on my boots, my jacket, jeans, and of course the helmet. The other three guys had on t-shirts and shorts. But guess who got hit. Right above the zipper of my jacket between my collar bones. He drilled me, and at 45mph it hurt, I thought it was over until I felt something biting my chest. I was riding down the road slamming my fist into my chest. We got to the gas station, I get off the bike, and what ever it was fell out of my jacket, mangled beyond recognition. But my neck and chest were red and swollen. That was painful!

Ride Red:
2006 Honda VFR800
2006 Honda CBR600F4i
post #79 of 84 Old 06-07-2013, 08:28 AM
Tirone

Damn. How do you hit a bird and not be store. That bird looked pretty big too.
I hear ya about the bees and wasp. I think hitting them that hard and fast...the stingers get stuck.

post #80 of 84 Old 06-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Tirone

I figured out if I push my shoulder blades together and tilt my head back I could get air streaming over my helmet into my jacket. When I felt a sting on my chest, I knew exactly what happened - a bee blowing around inside my jacket.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode