Her 919 Again - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Her 919 Again

Wife has blown out her right knee twice before and did it again two weeks ago so she gets cut on tomorrow. She has not ridden her 919 in over a year so her uncle or I ride it every now and then just so it remembers what it is supposed to do.
I put 200 miles on it Saturday just turdballin out on the hiway. put a crampbuster on it which made the hand more happy and dammit I think I may have gotten used to the seat too. Got above 40mpg which was a surpise and still has the best shifting tranny up or down of all the bikes in the gayrage including the beemer. Doing some hot dogging just cause I could and power is not to bad. Kinda buzzy compared to the other bikes but livable.
She has some honeydoos for me if I keep riding it like a PC3, strip and polish the wheel lips, braided brake lines and something else but cannot remember what it was.
I guess I will do it for her and not because I like riding the bike. After all it is only a Honda, under a 1000 cc and considered a girls bike by the rest of the ricer world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 07:45 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

You know you really do love that bike. You used GayRage and Tranny in the same post.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #3 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
You know you really do love that bike. You used GayRage and Tranny in the same post.

Must be the beemer rider part of me............

post #4 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
After all it is only a Honda, under a 1000 cc and considered a girls bike by the rest of the ricer world.
The 919 is mostly dismissed or overlooked by many due to being perceived as boring and also due to its retro/dated looks. (Just a few simple mods such as tail tidy and mirror makes a huge difference.)

post #5 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
The Cripple

agreed farab.... but i'd take the 919 over a bike covered in plastic any day!

post #6 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Pilus Posterior

Meh - I'm happy with my 919. It looks like a bike should - you can see the engine and the bodywork does not look like a piece of origami. A set of slip-ons or a bafflectomy gives it some personality. The handling is just fine for spirited road use - IMO if you are going fast enough to upset it then you should be off the public roads and on a track.

When parked up next to newer and often exotic bikes at my favourite haunt I am often surprised at the number of positive comments I get about my bike.

post #7 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
When parked up next to newer and often exotic bikes at my favourite haunt I am often surprised at the number of positive comments I get about my bike.
Yep, when parked in hotspots such as the waterfront, its interesting to see people look at the bike. I have had quite a few people come over and talk to me about the bike as well.

post #8 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I saw Bobby cruising the 919 mod thread earlier. Don't let him fool you. He likes that bike but can't admit it.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #9 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Battery died on it so put a new one in and went to play. Close to 200 Saturday which is the most I have ever ridden it so even tho it is not a Kawasaki it did grow on me. All it has is the Yosh slip ons, bar risers, center stand and the little factory Honda wind buster. I have the new brake lines, front line separator and block off plates for it. Depending on what goes on this weekend I may get to the wheels for strip and polish. The PC3 will be next year and I don't know what other little cheapies I might do to it.
I like my ZRX's better but it sure is nice to hop on something a 100 lbs lighter.

Best description would be it is the HD883 of the ricer world.

Yep that ought to get it started ---

post #10 of 18 Old 09-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Best description would be it is the HD883 of the ricer world.
Son-of-a...........

I vote we all get together and ban him.

883 of the ricer world! Surely that would be a GN250 or similar. Nah the 883 is overweight and gutless - the GN is relatively light and could probably take down a 883.

Our only hope if his wife reads this and banns him from her 'special place' until he posts up a public apology.

post #11 of 18 Old 09-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Someone call Bobby's wife and tell her he's talking smack about her bike again. She'll handle it.

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #12 of 18 Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Go ahead and alert her. I am a man and not afraid of wimmins much less be afraid of a wife. I am the ruler of my land, the man who will be king, the lump at the head of the stick and last but not least the King of his Kastle (gayrage).
I can be that way without fear of reprisal from the wimmins because I ride Kawasaki's and Beemers not wimpy ass Honda's. Ride the lesse of the ricers and the wimmins know that the men folk will fear them.

Now today I did ride the 919 to work but that is only to make sure the bike still starts and runs ok and NOT BECAUSE I MIGHT LIKE THE BIKE.

The fun part of the bike is the nice strait away right before I get to the workplace. Start downshifting and play in the upper rpm and dammit if I don't do a flyby to a RoadKing. Jerry works in my bldg and when he parked next to the 919 he just called me a Gak Zucker and walked inside. I will probably have to go ask for his forgiveness later on today.

The 919 feels like a next to my Kawasaki's

post #13 of 18 Old 09-23-2010, 04:55 AM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #14 of 18 Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 AM
h8tenhogs

if its a girls bike then damit put a skirt on me.That way the harley riders can see some leg when i blow past them.hahaha harley riders

post #15 of 18 Old 09-23-2010, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

I have to much fun messing with youns here on this board and her about Honda's you all and her know I like the 919. I figure it is all in good fun so I go for it.
Her favorite saying when I get off her bike and in the house is "bitch been riding my bike again"

I am thinking she needs to go thru a re-training process again on how to treat your man right. maybe I ought to tell her that I still love her and you cannot teach an old bitch (her) new tricks.

2nd thought is maybe I will keep my mouth shut and let old dogs lie......

post #16 of 18 Old 09-24-2010, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

My little female twinkie of a wife asked if I was gonna ride the 919 to work again and I said probably. That was before I got in the shower and before she turned on the weather channel. rain forcasted later today and she don't want the "niner" to get wet.

Whimpy ass wimmins just get on my nerves. Oh I forgot to say that Tuesday she had the micro surgury on her knee again for the 2nd time this year but hobbled into the bathroom to let me know maybe the Kawasaki's or the beemer need to be the wet ones.
It started raining before I left for work so I took the cage.

I might be a little whimpy too................

post #17 of 18 Old 10-02-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Just in case you read but never see here it is and it is real

post #18 of 18 Old 10-02-2010, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

her room mates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode