First ticket on the new R6!!! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 08-04-2007, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Angry First ticket on the new R6!!!

Believe it or not, I have been very good on the new street bike. Not a lot of shenanigans on my part in the 3 weeks I have owned it (900 miles in and around Seattle).

I look on google maps this morning and see a really twisty road and decide to go hit it. It is about 200 mile loop to Mt. Rainier and back, looks fun and in the middle of nowhere.

I guess this is their version of "Angeles Speedway" aka Angeles Crest in Los Angeles. Some rider had died on this road earlier, and they decided to make it an "enforcement zone", ie try to nail every bike that heads down it.

I get popped by an airplane for "passing in a no passing zone." Can you believe it? I remember thinking, I am not even speeding yet, WTF!?! Why are these cops pulling me over!!! I was doing about 60 in a 55 (Really! I was just cruising), go around a suburban, the lane changes from "ok to pass" to double yellows for about 10 yards before I get back over. My bad. Yes I did not make it back in time. I did break a law. I am a bad bad criminal and need to be punished.

2 Black n Whites and 1 undercover pull me over about 1/2 mile down the road for this heinous crime. They can't believe that I actually have a motorcycle permit, they said, "You are lucky you have an endorsement because we have towed 8 bikes today!" Wow! But they have to give me the ticket because the guy in the aircraft saw it, not them. No warning, sorry sucka.

Anyways, now I remember one of the reasons I got off the street in 2003. They let me go on my merry way and I turn around and go home. I rode about 60 miles to get to this road and get pulled about 1/4 mile before the twisties start!

I need a drink or nine.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

sucks. how much was the tik?

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #3 of 19 Old 08-04-2007, 09:14 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Ticket

Insurance will probably go up $250 more now.

[

post #4 of 19 Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

I got a speeding ticket from a helicopter once on Beach Blvd in Huntington Beach (Calif). A cop pulled me over on the corner of Main St. and PCH and said I was speeding on Beach, I asked him "how do you know I was speeding back there?” he pointed to the helicopter. That was on my old Honda.

post #5 of 19 Old 08-04-2007, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Ticket is $124. I have some options, as stated on the ticket:

1. I can send a check. I'll go to traffic school so the insurance does not go up. $124 + $30 (so says some internet website I found)

2. Mitigation Hearing: I admit I broke the law, but explain the circumstances. I still get the thing on my record, maybe get the ticket cost removed. Maybe $0 but insurance takes a hit.

3. I can fight it. Maybe $0 and no insurance if I win. Maybe not and worst case is realized.

I will lose #3 unless Mr. Officer does not show up. They mentioned they have me on FLIR (infrared video). I will not lie in court, so I will state yes, I did break the law by a few yards. I will lose. I will miss work. I will be vexed.

I am going to call the court on Monday and talk to a judge or magister or hot office assistant. I have 2 weeks to figure it out and mail the ticket in (per the instructions).

Most likely I will pay and do traffic school.

post #6 of 19 Old 08-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 6

I got a silly go to fast ticket not too long ago.
I just paid it. I wasn't into the school thing.
I received a rebate in the mail from my insurance co. two months later.
I thought that was cool. Get a ticket & my insurance rate went down.
Then I think, If I get a few more, I could get my insurance for free.

Ha ha! I wish...

post #7 of 19 Old 08-05-2007, 03:04 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Sorry to hear about your ticket Ray. You weren't even doing anything crazy, freekin' sky cops! Let us know how this plays out.

post #8 of 19 Old 08-05-2007, 05:20 AM
Speed Lover

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRevolver View Post

1. I can send a check. I'll go to traffic school so the insurance does not go up. $124 + $30 (so says some internet website I found)

2. Mitigation Hearing: I admit I broke the law, but explain the circumstances. I still get the thing on my record, maybe get the ticket cost removed. Maybe $0 but insurance takes a hit.

3. I can fight it. Maybe $0 and no insurance if I win. Maybe not and worst case is realized.

I will lose #3 unless Mr. Officer does not show up. They mentioned they have me on FLIR (infrared video). I will not lie in court, so I will state yes, I did break the law by a few yards. I will lose. I will miss work. I will be vexed.

I am going to call the court on Monday and talk to a judge or magister or hot office assistant. I have 2 weeks to figure it out and mail the ticket in (per the instructions).

Ray I think you have another option that they never advertise on the tickets, but a lawyer would know to ask for a "Defered Adjudication or Defered Judgment". In this case you pay the fine, you go on probation for 6 months and the violation doesn't go on your record. But don't get caught within the 6 months. They will almost always do this unless you were an idiot and have a history of violations standing.

Try that, you'll have to go to court but the worst that can happen is you ask to take defensive driving to get out of it.

post #9 of 19 Old 08-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Does not make for a good day. Almost laughable.

Been there and understand.

post #10 of 19 Old 08-05-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Thanks Cajun. I'll make a little effort on Monday to call and see whats up with traffic school etc. I probably won't bother with fighting though. The cops will win this round.

They are off my Christmas card list.

Maybe I won't wash my hands after using the rest room and then write the check! Then I can use my ass sweat to seal the envelope. Talk about a long distance stink palm!!!

To the person who opens and handles my check/ticket, I am sorry you were just collateral damage.

Cheers

Ray

post #11 of 19 Old 08-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRevolver View Post

Nearly the same happened to me in a speed trap! I read the notice's fine print, ~"if you go to court and lose, the Judge may refuse you the traffic school option." I didn't feel lucky so just paid for school.

Are you lucky?

post #12 of 19 Old 08-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Speed Lover

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Listen, asking for derferred judgement is not fighting for the ticket. It's simply asking for leniency while pleeding guilty. You can't loose on this one.

post #13 of 19 Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Tirone

I am kindoff lucky ,I live in Saskatchawan Canada where the roads are terrible and the north pole is closer than the closest track but there are no speed cops of any kind. There is one cop plane but it spends all it's time looking for forest fires and wild indians. It was sunday morning about 6.00am and no one on the streets and I was flying down a windy suburban street at triple the limit when I went around a corner and over a hill when a cop in the perfect place to catch me caught me. All he did when I flew by was give a thumbs down sign to tell me to slow down. It is not all good though as car drivers are more likely to kill you.

post #14 of 19 Old 08-06-2007, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Roger that Cajun. That is actually option #2 on the ticket (see my #5 response). That would mean I need to deal with a judge or some lawyer type and I don't want to be bothered, not now anyways. We are getting slammed at work and if I take a day off I want to relax.

post #15 of 19 Old 08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Toll Runner

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
There is one cop plane but it spends all it's time looking for forest fires and wild indians
Did you say wild indians?

post #16 of 19 Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 

post #17 of 19 Old 08-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Exhausted

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Can they see your plate from the sky? If not then I would fight how can they prove it was you and not another bike. Can that can be a form of entrapment? Crossing a double yellow not a problem in most cases clear road and not in a turn. In a car different story no acceleration unless you can afford something crazy. Sorry to hear man look into your options.

post #18 of 19 Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Two Wheeled Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoR6 View Post
Can they see your plate from the sky? If not then I would fight how can they prove it was you and not another bike. Can that can be a form of entrapment? Crossing a double yellow not a problem in most cases clear road and not in a turn. In a car different story no acceleration unless you can afford something crazy. Sorry to hear man look into your options.
They spot you and guide the ground units in. Once you're pulled over the air unit moves on. First they'll usually set these up with a huge investment of troops so when you're in the trap you're done. All the loopholes have been plugged with previous test cases.

So what to do. Well one option is to find some local cops to ride with, they'll steer you clear of the enforcement zones. Second option is to find a good local board to keep your finger in and hope they'll have the buzz on where the heat is.

post #19 of 19 Old 08-07-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Discen

I called and the court has to approve traffic school. So it looks like I have no choice but to fight it if I don't want my rates to go up.

I should win because its a weak sauce ticket. I just hate having to take off work for this kind of crapola.

Cheers

Ray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode