Check you tires......both of them - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2007, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Check you tires......both of them

When you handling feels off check your tires....BOTH OF THEM.
Thats what I should have done. This morning I jump on the bike and she feels a little off. It seemed that I had to "push" a little more to make her go throught the corner. I just shook it off. I got to my destination, meet with the group, expressed my concern. Someone suggested that I check the tire pressure. I head to the gas station purchase a gauge(I didn't have one & no one in the group did either. I check the front tire, thinking for some dumb reason, that this is the only one that can effect handling() front tire good off I go. Fast forward 6 hrs, many stops later bike feels real wallowy around the corner. Pull into gas station, the guy I riding with says "that tire looks flat" as he pointed to the REAR tire. It indeed was flat. Aired it up found offending object in tire. Close to home so I rode it the rest of the way there.

I guess you should really listen to your machine when she is telling you there is something wrong. Fortunately I didnt wipe out. Just really pay attention and check both tires when it feels wierd, because it probaly is.

2006 919 (Sold)
2011 Cb1000r

"oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good." - Cage The Elephant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Damn, glad you made it home ok. I check both tire pressures and chain before each ride, especially while touring. Don't want to be left out in the middle of nowhere with a flat or low pressure. I also carry a plug kit and CO2 cartridges and inflator. When touring I also carry a small bicycle pump, which takes about 3.2 million pumps to air up a rear bike tire, but it beats walking 30 miles to the next town!

post #3 of 4 Old 06-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehren2800 View Post
Damn, glad you made it home ok. I check both tire pressures and chain before each ride, especially while touring. Don't want to be left out in the middle of nowhere with a flat or low pressure. I also carry a plug kit and CO2 cartridges and inflator. When touring I also carry a small bicycle pump, which takes about 3.2 million pumps to air up a rear bike tire, but it beats walking 30 miles to the next town!
Absolutely! And regarding the bicycle pump, they can be made to work, but you haven't lived until you have tried to bead up a tire with one. I considered it tire aerobics.

Rob

post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Cornicen

Is it possible to bead a tire with one? I figured the seals would blow before the tire would seat.

Motorusher formally known as DirtySanchez919.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode