broken crank - Wrist Twisters
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 11-29-2006, 10:11 PM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
broken crank

triumph sprint 02 have any of you guys had any problems with this happening,or heard of it.this happened to a bike with only 30000 KS.it broke the starter clutch end of when the starter was engaged.as you may gather this is a costly problem to fix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 02:51 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 156
Rep Power: 0
 
Well that's not what I expected when I read "broken crank" LOL. I was thinking more like two stroke style... broken in half. While not "common", I've seen this happen a few times on other bikes. Most use some sort of woodruff key so that when it shears you just replace the key, not the crank.

ccs22 is offline  
post #3 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 03:45 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I will ask at the Triumph shop tomorrow when I am up there.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
 
post #4 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 05:03 AM
Legatus Legionis
 
SV650s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The woods of CT
Posts: 9,680
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

I'm not going to comment... sorry to hear of your of your part failure.

SV650s is offline  
post #5 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Legatus Legionis
 
SV650s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The woods of CT
Posts: 9,680
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Found this on the Triumph board... It appears you are not alone the only one with a crank failure. Read the following thread. .
http://www.triumphrat.net/modules.ph...rum=20&start=0



SV650s is offline  
post #6 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Interesting read...

It still seems somewhat isolated to one model over a 2 year stance. Triumph is paying for parts (more than Honda has done on some of my buddies problems).

Seems best advice is to report ot Triumph!!!!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #7 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 10:15 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Interesting read...

It still seems somewhat isolated to one model over a 2 year stance. Triumph is paying for parts (more than Honda has done on some of my buddies problems).

Seems best advice is to report ot Triumph!!!!


triumph are not interested in this problem as far as they are concerned the bike
is out of warranty.this has to be a manufacturing fault.
Its hard to believe that in this day and age the triumph still cant produce a reasonable reliabe motorbike.I think that the japanese would be horrified that a crank shaft would only last this distance.
Maybe this is why we dont see triumph running a bike in supperbike or moto gp.In fact i cant think of any other manufacture that doesnt have a race program.

post #8 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Legatus Legionis
 
SV650s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The woods of CT
Posts: 9,680
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc211v View Post
triumph are not interested in this problem as far as they are concerned the bike
is out of warranty.this has to be a manufacturing fault.
Its hard to believe that in this day and age the triumph still cant produce a reasonable reliabe motorbike.I think that the japanese would be horrified that a crank shaft would only last this distance.
Maybe this is why we dont see triumph running a bike in supperbike or moto gp.In fact i cant think of any other manufacture that doesnt have a race program.
Did you read my thread above? It appears Triumph made good on his broken crank.

Quote:
Posted: 2006-08-29 07:45
An update:

Triumph has come to the party and offered to supply parts Extreme thanks to those who suggested I talk to Triumph about my problems.

Bike is with a dealer & I hope to see him in a week or two. They did a 'leakdown test' and advise at least one valve is likely to be damaged.

Getting heartily sick of driving...

SV650s is offline  
post #9 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc211v View Post
triumph are not interested in this problem as far as they are concerned the bike
is out of warranty.this has to be a manufacturing fault.
Its hard to believe that in this day and age the triumph still cant produce a reasonable reliabe motorbike.I think that the japanese would be horrified that a crank shaft would only last this distance.
Maybe this is why we dont see triumph running a bike in supperbike or moto gp.In fact i cant think of any other manufacture that doesnt have a race program.
THat is a sad response. Triumph has twice the warranty of the Japanese manufacturers with 1/2 the budget. For every problem Triumph has had in the pas 10 years, I bet they are right on par with Honda, Yamaha and the others.

As for reliable, you pulling that out off your ass? Show me a number other than my friend said. Too many Triumph riders around here to allow blanket BS statements.
----
Now to manufacturers that do not race... what kind of racing?
Triumph has raced in the past, but did not find a cost benefit from it.

Magazine covers sell bikes -- not races. Ask the average person Who Mladin or Hayden are...

My bet, they have no clue.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #10 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 10:58 AM
libertine
 
jlux21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pittstown, NJ
Posts: 1,493
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 5

Ask the average person Who Mladin or Hayden are...

My bet, they have no clue.[/QUOTE]

"Mladin" that's the guy from the Disney movie right

jlux21 is offline  
post #11 of 49 Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
THat is a sad response. Triumph has twice the warranty of the Japanese manufacturers with 1/2 the budget. For every problem Triumph has had in the pas 10 years, I bet they are right on par with Honda, Yamaha and the others.

As for reliable, you pulling that out off your ass? Show me a number other than my friend said. Too many Triumph riders around here to allow blanket BS statements.
----
Now to manufacturers that do not race... what kind of racing?
Triumph has raced in the past, but did not find a cost benefit from it.

Magazine covers sell bikes -- not races. Ask the average person Who Mladin or Hayden are...

My bet, they have no clue.



hey would you like to buy a low mileage triumph.as i have one for sale.no didnt think so.
no you are right about triumph been reliable my crank looks fine apart from one end.
any sort of racing mate if harly davidson can build a race bike anyone can.
ever heard win on sunday sell on monday this is true or are all the japanese companies just wasting money for no reason.

post #12 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:03 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlux21 View Post
Ask the average person Who Mladin or Hayden are...

My bet, they have no clue.
"Mladin" that's the guy from the Disney movie right[/QUOTE]

average guy no but some one who rides yes now who was that fellow called that rode yamahas his name escapes me at the moment.

post #13 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:04 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Japanese companies are beating their chests for pride.

If MV Agusta wins AMA next year, you gonna buy one? I am not.
As for buying a late model Triumph, I did. A 2000 Trophy.

And as for racing... What part of Nicky Hayden's 2002 RC51 was the same as my 02 RC51? Racing has little to nothing to do with production bikes.

If you look in British Superbike - Triumph has raced in the Supersport class with the Daytona 600 and did well. They pulled out since it cost over 5 million to support development for their teams. Since they are a small company that has their bread and butter in cruisers, the cost benefit ration was not there. So they pulled the plug.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #14 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:06 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc211v View Post
"Mladin" that's the guy from the Disney movie right
average guy no but some one who rides yes now who was that fellow called that rode yamahas his name escapes me at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Go up to the 7-11 and ask the guy on the GSXr 1000 with the chrome rims and extended swing arm... I bet he has not clue.

Go ask the guy on the Gold Wing, my bet- he has no clue.

Go ask the guy on the scooter... my guess, he has no clue.

AMA/MotoGP fans are by far the minority even in racing.
Propaganda sells bikes - not racing.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #15 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:15 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

an yet im still looking at a broken crank look beyond usa for racing sucess


if you guys pay for my new crank i to will again sing triumphs song..

post #16 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:21 AM
Legatus Legionis
 
SV650s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The woods of CT
Posts: 9,680
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Back to the broken crank - The dude in Australia got Triumph to replace his crank. It appears to me you should be able to do the same. Lean on them, reference the Triumph Rat.net thread, go to another dealer. Do what ever it takes...

SV650s is offline  
post #17 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:22 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
still waiting some how when it doesnt hit your pocket its still a good product.
next time you start your pride an joy an it cost you over $5 000

post #18 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:29 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

no they dont want to know i brought a nz honda hornet for $10990 in 2005 and the triumph in 2002 for $22000 both with the 2 years unlimted ks at 30000 the triumph has broken the crank and the honda is now up to 20000 ks and the only thing to go wrong is a rusty lower fork clamp.should i sell the honda soon? not very likely.

post #19 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

I am not saying be pissed. I would be furious.
However, it seems the problem is isolated to one model bike.
I know plenty of people that have had lemons. If I thought every manufacturer that has one is a POS, there would be nothing left to ride.

As for looking outside the US, that is why I referenced British Superbike.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #20 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:34 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

DId you ever contact Triumph?

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #21 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:40 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
I am not saying be pissed. I would be furious.
However, it seems the problem is isolated to one model bike.
I know plenty of people that have had lemons. If I thought every manufacturer that has one is a POS, there would be nothing left to ride.

As for looking outside the US, that is why I referenced British Superbike.
and been isolated to one modle of bike means its ok
when a lemon is not sorted by triumph then there is a problem.this would appear not to be just one bike as you say.when i say look out side of usa i mean look just a little further.the usa and england arnt the whole world.i know that is a little hard for you to unerstand.

post #22 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:42 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
hell there were a lot of spelling mistakes in the last post

post #23 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:43 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

OK you little whiny my bike is broke comedian... I don't get it... What is "unerstand"

ANSWER THE QUESTION - DID YOU CONTACT TRIUMPH YET?

As your attempt at argueing is a bit beyond annoying, sorry you have a problem, hope it gets sorted out.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #24 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:45 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
read above YES

post #25 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:46 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ok

What Is Whiny Then

post #26 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:50 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Hope this helps!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #27 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Where does it say you contacted Triumph? I re-read the whole thread and don't see it. I see you wrote they don't want to know ro do anything, but it reads like speculation - not fact.

Also, speaking to a dealer and speaking to Triumph are two different things.
The local dealer would not warranty my leaking RC51 gas tank. But after talking to a Honda Rep - suddenly things started to happen.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #28 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
OK you little whiny my bike is broke comedian... I don't get it... What is "unerstand"

ANSWER THE QUESTION - DID YOU CONTACT TRIUMPH YET?

As your attempt at argueing is a bit beyond annoying, sorry you have a problem, hope it gets sorted out.




still waiting for the cheque so i can get my wonderfull triumph back on the road

post #29 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Where does it say you contacted Triumph? I re-read the whole thread and don't see it. I see you wrote they don't want to know ro do anything, but it reads like speculation - not fact.

Also, speaking to a dealer and speaking to Triumph are two different things.
The local dealer would not warranty my leaking RC51 gas tank. But after talking to a Honda Rep - suddenly things started to happen.
Oh - and the leaking tanks on the 00 and 01s are very common. Honda has not recalled them, nor have they publicly admitted a problem. Also, the dash on an RC51 melts in the sunlight and the bike runs aroudn 200 degrees at highway speeds... these are problems with the RC. Honda admits nothing.

Does that make all Hondas Junk? NOPE.
So I do not see why suddenly all Triumphs suck.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #30 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:56 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Where does it say you contacted Triumph? I re-read the whole thread and don't see it. I see you wrote they don't want to know ro do anything, but it reads like speculation - not fact.

Also, speaking to a dealer and speaking to Triumph are two different things.
The local dealer would not warranty my leaking RC51 gas tank. But after talking to a Honda Rep - suddenly things started to happen.
they do not want to know about it is this plain enough i will pay for the leaking fuel tank and you can pay for the crank.gaskets,and valves.

post #31 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 04:58 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Oh - and the leaking tanks on the 00 and 01s are very common. Honda has not recalled them, nor have they publicly admitted a problem. Also, the dash on an RC51 melts in the sunlight and the bike runs aroudn 200 degrees at highway speeds... these are problems with the RC. Honda admits nothing.

Does that make all Hondas Junk? NOPE.
So I do not see why suddenly all Triumphs suck.
because i paid twice as much for the triumph mate .

post #32 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 05:00 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

So-
you talked to Triumph and they told you to pack sand?
or did the dealer and he told you to pack sand?
or are you guessing that is what they are going to say and talked to no one?

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #33 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 05:07 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
no not guessing they didnt want to know.can i spell it any better.next time you start up your bike maybe the last. now go to your bank an extract $ 5000

post #34 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Yes, spell it out better... Who did you talk to?

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #35 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 05:20 AM
rc211v
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
crank

do you know something that maybe would help me out as im geting the run around?as i have heard there might have been a service builetin on this problem.

post #36 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 05:32 AM
Bitten
 
bloaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,451
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Yes, spell it out better... Who did you talk to?
I will be happy to ask some questions locally if you would answer this question. It seems to me you are giving me the run around.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
bloaker is offline  
post #37 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 05:33 AM
Site Founder
 
jetblast10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 9,698
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

back and forth back and forth - kind of getting nowhere.
reading through this whole thing it's tough to know if you've been flat rejected by Triumph Corporate or just ran around by a dealership representative.


rc211v - trying to ascertain who you've spoken with. Forget about the dealership for a moment. Have you contacted Triumph Corporate? Yes or no?

jetblast10 is offline  
post #38 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 05:54 AM
Site Founder
 
jetblast10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 9,698
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

Here's what persistant googling came up with.

http://www.triumphnet.com/list/2005/.../msg00335.html
In nearly 10 years on the list I've never before heard of a Hinckley triple with a broken crank. I'd be /REALLY/ interested to know the model and year of your Sprint! Thanks!


http://www.triumphnet.com/list/2005/.../msg00336.html
There were some metallurgical problems with cranks - a bad batch
perhaps - in the early 955's. When I was helping out in the shop at
Cascade Moto Classics during the '01 season there was a '00 Daytona (?
- it was the first silver 955i) with a broken crank. Triumph stepped
up with a new engine but when the owner grenaded the second engine in
short order I heard that claim was denied. Historically, "T" has been
pretty accommodating in correcting out of warranty failures where
there was clearly an issue. Case in point: they've fixed lots of oil
consumption problems which were waaayyy out of warranty.

--------------------------------------

http://www.t595.net/messageboard/thr...p?thread=13594

--------------------------------------

These are the only 2 references to broken cranks I could find. Didn't find any service bulletins addressing the issue but that doesn't necessarily mean that Triumph isn't aware of a problem.

At this point my suggestion is you contact the Triumph Regional Representative (not the dealership) who works for Triumph Corporate and explain the story. Back up your case with the above references and figure out your options from there. If you're not pleased with that outcome then escalate further up the Triumph Corporate food chain until you get to the CEO, call him every day and politely push for a result and eventually you'll get somewhere.

jetblast10 is offline  
post #39 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Power 2 the pedal
 
Ridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Cackalacky
Posts: 10,093
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

CONTACT US:

Triumph Motorcycles Ltd
Normandy Way
Hinckley
Leicestershire
LE10 3BZ
United Kingdom


Telephone +44(0) 1455 251700

Fascimile +44(0) 1455 453005

Taken from Hoovers UK:

Key people and executives for Triumph Motorcycles Limited

Owner: John S. Bloor

Director: John Eastham

UK Sales and Marketing Manager: Bruno Tagliaferri

Ridge is offline  
post #40 of 49 Old 12-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Legatus Legionis
 
SV650s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The woods of CT
Posts: 9,680
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
Here's what persistant googling came up with.

http://www.triumphnet.com/list/2005/.../msg00335.html
In nearly 10 years on the list I've never before heard of a Hinckley triple with a broken crank. I'd be /REALLY/ interested to know the model and year of your Sprint! Thanks!


http://www.triumphnet.com/list/2005/.../msg00336.html
There were some metallurgical problems with cranks - a bad batch
perhaps - in the early 955's. When I was helping out in the shop at
Cascade Moto Classics during the '01 season there was a '00 Daytona (?
- it was the first silver 955i) with a broken crank. Triumph stepped
up with a new engine but when the owner grenaded the second engine in
short order I heard that claim was denied. Historically, "T" has been
pretty accommodating in correcting out of warranty failures where
there was clearly an issue. Case in point: they've fixed lots of oil
consumption problems which were waaayyy out of warranty.

--------------------------------------

http://www.t595.net/messageboard/thr...p?thread=13594

--------------------------------------

These are the only 2 references to broken cranks I could find. Didn't find any service bulletins addressing the issue but that doesn't necessarily mean that Triumph isn't aware of a problem.

At this point my suggestion is you contact the Triumph Regional Representative (not the dealership) who works for Triumph Corporate and explain the story. Back up your case with the above references and figure out your options from there. If you're not pleased with that outcome then escalate further up the Triumph Corporate food chain until you get to the CEO, call him every day and politely push for a result and eventually you'll get somewhere.
See post #5...

SV650s is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome