Bacon Warning - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Bacon Warning

I went for a ride at lunch to have some glass cut for my bar end mirrors to replace the plastic and saw 5 cars pulled over.

Just want to remind everyone that they are out and heavy. I usually only see about 4 people per month pulled over around here, so to see 4 in less than 30 minutes tells me I need to just stay in 1st gear and putt around.

Careful out there guys. Driving awards are expensive.

Press Any Key To Continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 01:35 PM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

OH, bacon warning...

I thought you were gonna try to tell me I shouldn't be eatin' the stuff 'cause it's bad for my health and then I was gonna be all like, "screw you man, I'll eat what I like" and then you'd be like, "hey, go eat a freakin' salad! Bacon is bad!!" ...

...yep, a quite friday afternoon stuck in my cube. I'm nearly delusional.

Yeah, it's the holidays people, keep yourself in check as well as everyone around you.

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
post #3 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

well...as for pork products, between my wife and I, we eat a full pound of bacon every time we cook it. So every other weekend, I'll eat 2 Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches on Toast with a few strips of bacon on the side.

I might start layering bacon on the griddle to make the 'bread' then put strips between it and eat it.

post #4 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I once, in an act of desperation - needing bacon for something I was making & then realized all I had was frozen solid - took a disposable foil pan & used it to grill bacon. I tell you I have never made bacon in the kitchen since.

It doesn't need to be frozen, but in a pinch for time it works. There's no greasy bacon smell in the house when I'm done (which could be good or bad, depending on your point of view) and best of all there's no splattered grease cleanup! I pull the bacon off the pan, let it sit on the grill just long enough to cool off a bit, then pick it up & dump the grease in a jar. DONE.

An important tip though ( & this goes for any meat on the grill, really)
Grilling in direct overhead sunlight can be very misleading. If it's really bright out I have a hard time distinguishing what's done & what's not done, so when it looks done outside - usually is actually overdone once I bring it in the house.

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
post #5 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Too late for me. I just got a performance award on Tuesday, it has been 9 years since my last one in Ohio. I forgot my own rule, NEVER-EVER ride before or during a holiday weekend. 71 in a 55 wasn't too bad for a deserted country road. I was kind of proud that my little Aprilia could even go that fast.

On a related note;

Which are the worst states for tickets? - MSN Money

Looks like Ohio is #2, figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
I went for a ride at lunch to have some glass cut for my bar end mirrors to replace the plastic and saw 5 cars pulled over.

Just want to remind everyone that they are out and heavy. I usually only see about 4 people per month pulled over around here, so to see 4 in less than 30 minutes tells me I need to just stay in 1st gear and putt around.

Careful out there guys. Driving awards are expensive.

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Now the rest of the world!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
post #6 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Imaginifer

Yes every little Police Department in OH has extra people out for the holiday.
This is a great revenue time of year.

Paul

Live to ride, but ride to ride another day!
post #7 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Between 2004 and 2006, little Baskin (population about 200) got 87% of its town budget from speeding tickets, the highest percentage of 304 Louisiana municipalities surveyed.

"It is primarily a tool in many communities to raise revenue," Louisiana state Rep. Hollis Downs, who represents two parishes in north-central Louisiana, says of the town's aggressive traffic enforcement -- what others might call speed traps.
Quote is from this article...

Speeding? You'll pay higher 'taxes' - MSN Money

post #8 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation 

MMMMMMM.............BACON!

I don't believe all this nonsense about it being bad either. My ancestors ate everything cooked in lard in they all lived well into their late 90's early 100's!

post #9 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Di"zx"en

Quote:
Originally Posted by V65rider View Post
Yes every little Police Department in OH has extra people out for the holiday.
This is a great revenue time of year.
Great....On my way to Ohio tonight VIA Michigan.Thanks for the reminder though. When I was younger,I got an award in Mt.Gilead northbound on 71bringing a buddy of mine back from the Columbus DMV. Figures, no good deed........

post #10 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

were #35 were #35

and i used to be from louisiana... which is #4... louisiana cops suck metric tons of ass and gargles with the juice..

except for the food.... the food is to die for... but the cops suck ass...i know.. i was one..

post #11 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

VA is #8 I actually thought we would've been higher up.

And yes, They are out in full force...On my 4 mile trek to work I saw at least 4 ... When I was taking my Amy to work, I saw 3-4 on the interstate as well...They are out everywhere...Patrol Cars and Bikes people

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #12 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation 

NO...
look again, unless you've packed up and moved to Hawaii overnight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
were #35 were #35

and i used to be from louisiana... which is #4... louisiana cops suck metric tons of ass and gargles with the juice..

except for the food.... the food is to die for... but the cops suck ass...i know.. i was one..

post #13 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 06:26 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
were #35 were #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by myztical View Post
NO...
look again, unless you've packed up and moved to Hawaii overnight?
sorry... were number 18...

post #14 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation 

At least your still better than Colorado at #11

post #15 of 20 Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

All joking aside there are places in Louisiana that are just plain speed traps. One of the the town of woodsworth is 10 miles from my parents an is the worst place for tickets. They will write 2 mph over. A$$holes. Anyway la has inspection stickers. Florida don't we are driving thru woodsworth and here comes the cop pulls me over says license Reg etc I ask why I am being stopped he said no inspection sticker. I told him we don't have those in Florida he still wanted my license I requested his supervisor he called him 3 mins later here is the cheif. He walks up. Says "hey brian" talks for 10 mins tells his officer to "go to work" and wishes us well.

It's nice to have high school buddies in high places.

Btw since I had violated no law the officer had no just cause to run my license. So be real careful before you try a stunt like that. You could end up in jail

post #16 of 20 Old 05-24-2009, 04:44 AM
"VonZipper"

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 

Indiana, ranked 43 and damn glad to be here! Jim

If you have a Ten Dollar Head, get a $10.00 Helmet.
post #17 of 20 Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
All joking aside there are places in Louisiana that are just plain speed traps. One of the the town of woodsworth is 10 miles from my parents an is the worst place for tickets. They will write 2 mph over. A$$holes. Anyway la has inspection stickers. Florida don't we are driving thru woodsworth and here comes the cop pulls me over says license Reg etc I ask why I am being stopped he said no inspection sticker. I told him we don't have those in Florida he still wanted my license I requested his supervisor he called him 3 mins later here is the cheif. He walks up. Says "hey brian" talks for 10 mins tells his officer to "go to work" and wishes us well.

It's nice to have high school buddies in high places.

Btw since I had violated no law the officer had no just cause to run my license. So be real careful before you try a stunt like that. You could end up in jail
They run your tags here all the time for no reason. Want an example?

Laura was scheduled to be induced into labor the next day. I had taken off work to get everything prepped. We went shopping for a few things then were headed home. We stop at a light and a cop pulls up behind me and then rides my butt all the way to my house. I pull into the alley behind the house and he drives on past. Then all of a sudden, as I'm pulling up to my storage building, he comes skidding to a stop right behind me (at this point, I'm in my rear driveway/parking spaces).

I ask him what I did and he didn't say anything; just took my license, registration and went back to his car. He walks back up a minute or so later and starts giving me a speech on how he can take me to jail and all this other crap because I'm driving on an expired license. I told him to learn to read and look at my license again. It didn't expire for another 3 years! He went back to his car, and came back again. He said, oops...I was looking at your expired Motorcycle Permit. Okay douche bag...my permit expired because I now have my license. He wrote me a warning for my window tint then finally went away.

Douche bags!

post #18 of 20 Old 05-24-2009, 05:29 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

mmm, bacon!

post #19 of 20 Old 05-24-2009, 05:33 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
mmm, bacon!
Haha. I don't like cops

post #20 of 20 Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Legalize it please?

N Y baby! #5... Crap. I can honestly say I've had as many good interactions with the fuzz as bad ones. I guess it's like anything else, some people suck!

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode