919 Windscreen - Page 2 - Wrist Twisters
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Papa Bear
 
Tsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 227
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Has any one tried the MRA screen that looks pretty good?

Tsmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 47 Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
NineOneNiner
 
SirChimpsAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 1
 
Anybody try one of those $25-30 ebay china specials? They come in clear or tinted. Windshield Windscreen for Honda CB 250 400 600 750 900 919 1000 1300 1100SF 7CL | eBay

03 Honda 919 - Custom Blue Metallic - Sato Racing Pipes - Power Commander - Sargent Seat - Rizoma Mirrors & Levers - Progrips - Renthal Bars - Powder Coated Rims/Pipes - Clear Alternatives Tail - LED Blinkers
07 Lexus SC430 - Starfire Pearl White - Pebble Beach Edition (1 of 400)
04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
SirChimpsAlot is offline  
post #43 of 47 Old 01-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Tesserarius
 
Todi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 625
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChimpsAlot View Post
Anybody try one of those $25-30 ebay china specials? They come in clear or tinted. Windshield Windscreen for Honda CB 250 400 600 750 900 919 1000 1300 1100SF 7CL | eBay
I had it and someone else from the forum had it. I believe they are a F14 replica. Good protection (I'm 5'11) and acceptable noise. They do break easy (mine broke after about 500miles) at the mounting holes. I used it to mold my old MRA and mount it.

Todi is offline  
 
post #44 of 47 Old 01-10-2014, 02:53 PM
NineOneNiner
 
SirChimpsAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 1
 
ok, good to note. so... .extra duct tape reinforcement around the mounting holes

Actually on a more serious note... getting one of these and then wrapping with some nice clear or CF vinyl, that would be cool and reinforce the strength of whatever crap material it's made of. Supposedly polycarbonate is a lot stronger than acrylic, so the china ones are probably the cheaper and less durable plastic.

03 Honda 919 - Custom Blue Metallic - Sato Racing Pipes - Power Commander - Sargent Seat - Rizoma Mirrors & Levers - Progrips - Renthal Bars - Powder Coated Rims/Pipes - Clear Alternatives Tail - LED Blinkers
07 Lexus SC430 - Starfire Pearl White - Pebble Beach Edition (1 of 400)
04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
SirChimpsAlot is offline  
post #45 of 47 Old 01-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Tesserarius
 
Todi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 625
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChimpsAlot View Post
ok, good to note. so... .extra duct tape reinforcement around the mounting holes

Actually on a more serious note... getting one of these and then wrapping with some nice clear or CF vinyl, that would be cool and reinforce the strength of whatever crap material it's made of. Supposedly polycarbonate is a lot stronger than acrylic, so the china ones are probably the cheaper and less durable plastic.
Don't know what to say... if you can, get one and mold from some good material another one. My MRA was too short but I still got it to work


ForumRunner_20140111_184258.jpg



ForumRunner_20140111_184313.jpg

Todi is offline  
post #46 of 47 Old 01-12-2014, 05:49 PM
NineOneNiner
 
SirChimpsAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 130
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todi View Post

Don't know what to say... if you can, get one and mold from some good material another one. My MRA was too short but I still got it to work
Looks good, I need a tank bag like that too. Very useful. Plus your tarp over the bike idea... Why didn't I think of that? It beats letting your baby collect dust in the winter months you aren't riding.

03 Honda 919 - Custom Blue Metallic - Sato Racing Pipes - Power Commander - Sargent Seat - Rizoma Mirrors & Levers - Progrips - Renthal Bars - Powder Coated Rims/Pipes - Clear Alternatives Tail - LED Blinkers
07 Lexus SC430 - Starfire Pearl White - Pebble Beach Edition (1 of 400)
04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
SirChimpsAlot is offline  
post #47 of 47 Old 01-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Tesserarius
 
Todi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 625
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChimpsAlot View Post
Looks good, I need a tank bag like that too. Very useful. Plus your tarp over the bike idea... Why didn't I think of that? It beats letting your baby collect dust in the winter months you aren't riding.
Thanks, the tank bag is a Cortech (the one that expands). As for the drop cloth, last year I used a beach towel but the Boss said this time "No way Jose!!!" so I had to improvise...

Todi is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome