919 Windscreen - Page 2 - Wrist Twisters

post #41 of 47 Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Papa Bear

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Has any one tried the MRA screen that looks pretty good?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 Old 01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
NineOneNiner

Anybody try one of those $25-30 ebay china specials? They come in clear or tinted. Windshield Windscreen for Honda CB 250 400 600 750 900 919 1000 1300 1100SF 7CL | eBay

03 Honda 919 - Custom Blue Metallic - Sato Racing Pipes - Power Commander - Sargent Seat - Rizoma Mirrors & Levers - Progrips - Renthal Bars - Powder Coated Rims/Pipes - Clear Alternatives Tail - LED Blinkers
07 Lexus SC430 - Starfire Pearl White - Pebble Beach Edition (1 of 400)
04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT2
post #43 of 47 Old 01-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Tesserarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChimpsAlot View Post
Anybody try one of those $25-30 ebay china specials? They come in clear or tinted. Windshield Windscreen for Honda CB 250 400 600 750 900 919 1000 1300 1100SF 7CL | eBay
I had it and someone else from the forum had it. I believe they are a F14 replica. Good protection (I'm 5'11) and acceptable noise. They do break easy (mine broke after about 500miles) at the mounting holes. I used it to mold my old MRA and mount it.

post #44 of 47 Old 01-10-2014, 02:53 PM
NineOneNiner

ok, good to note. so... .extra duct tape reinforcement around the mounting holes

Actually on a more serious note... getting one of these and then wrapping with some nice clear or CF vinyl, that would be cool and reinforce the strength of whatever crap material it's made of. Supposedly polycarbonate is a lot stronger than acrylic, so the china ones are probably the cheaper and less durable plastic.

03 Honda 919 - Custom Blue Metallic - Sato Racing Pipes - Power Commander - Sargent Seat - Rizoma Mirrors & Levers - Progrips - Renthal Bars - Powder Coated Rims/Pipes - Clear Alternatives Tail - LED Blinkers
post #45 of 47 Old 01-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Tesserarius

Quote:
ok, good to note. so... .extra duct tape reinforcement around the mounting holes

Actually on a more serious note... getting one of these and then wrapping with some nice clear or CF vinyl, that would be cool and reinforce the strength of whatever crap material it's made of. Supposedly polycarbonate is a lot stronger than acrylic, so the china ones are probably the cheaper and less durable plastic.
Don't know what to say... if you can, get one and mold from some good material another one. My MRA was too short but I still got it to work

ForumRunner_20140111_184258.jpg

ForumRunner_20140111_184313.jpg

post #46 of 47 Old 01-12-2014, 05:49 PM
NineOneNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todi View Post

Don't know what to say... if you can, get one and mold from some good material another one. My MRA was too short but I still got it to work
Looks good, I need a tank bag like that too. Very useful. Plus your tarp over the bike idea... Why didn't I think of that? It beats letting your baby collect dust in the winter months you aren't riding.

post #47 of 47 Old 01-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Tesserarius

Quote:
Looks good, I need a tank bag like that too. Very useful. Plus your tarp over the bike idea... Why didn't I think of that? It beats letting your baby collect dust in the winter months you aren't riding.
Thanks, the tank bag is a Cortech (the one that expands). As for the drop cloth, last year I used a beach towel but the Boss said this time "No way Jose!!!" so I had to improvise...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode