2 stroke scooter - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 06-30-2007, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Living the dream

2 stroke scooter

I am searching for help again from my smarter friends on here.

Ang and I bought a cheap Chinese knock off scooter a couple years ago. Was problems fromt he start but after a better spark plug and some tinkering ran better. Well last year at Mid-O when we tried to start it oil just puke dout the exhaust.

Well...that would seem to mean the oil injector is bad right? We have not got around to fixing it cause been no need. But with Mid-O coming up again soon it would be nice to have transportation.

Questions...

1. Even worth fixing? Paid almost as much for shipping as complete scooter.

2. If it is the oil injector, any chance of even finding a new one? RC90 any help? Would any injector for a 2 stroke work?

I know we should have paid more to get a more reliable one but trying to save a buck. Worse case I figure we avoided renting a cart a few times and that would be break even.

Thanks for the help as always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Did you tear into it yet to determine what actually is wrong with it? No sense looking for hard to find parts if it's not even the issue.

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #3 of 12 Old 06-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Go'n So slow I'm stopped

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 6

If it is the oil injector,block it off & just pre mix the fuel before dumping it in the tank.

post #4 of 12 Old 06-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Toll Runner

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

xrmikey beat me too it. Just premix, the chance of finding the parts you need are slim . Good luck , str8

post #5 of 12 Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Tired of Tirone

If you don't run it much, I would try and rule out the bad fuel/dirty carb stuff. If you have enough compression, both kinds, and spark, not too much can go wrong.

Good luck.

post #6 of 12 Old 07-01-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Living the dream

As little as I use it I have not torn too deep into it. When I was messing with it at the track the concensus was there was an issue with the injector since every kick spewed oil out the exhaust.

I have been told before to just do premix. May have to go that route. Have to see if I can get my bussy who is better better a bike mechanics then me to come over and help.

Thanks again to all for the help!!
post #7 of 12 Old 07-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Pull the plug and check it before you try anything else. 2 strokes that don't run well can foul a plug in a heartbeat, and you'll have no chance of it running, premixed or not.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #8 of 12 Old 07-01-2007, 04:34 PM
not cro-magnon

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Pull the plug and check it before you try anything else. 2 strokes that don't run well can foul a plug in a heartbeat, and you'll have no chance of it running, premixed or not.
Good advice! A little oily fuel in the exhaust is no big deal, especially if it isn't firing. I start every other race weekend with shiny new NGK's in all of our 2 stroke 100cc motors.

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
post #9 of 12 Old 07-01-2007, 06:16 PM

The plug was the first thing we checked cause we've had that problem before. Thanks for the suggestion to look at it though!

post #10 of 12 Old 07-08-2007, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Living the dream

Here is an update. Scooter is running!!

Here is how this crazy thing works. The oil injector pump works off the rear wheel so as long as the rear wheel spins it injects oil. Crazy eh??

Everything was totally flooded. We got it cleaned out and running and want to keep using the injector. Sucker smoked and puked oil like crazy forever!!

Question...I was using pre-mix 2 cycle oil which I was not supposed to be using. Supposed to use injector oil. What is the difference and is that proably why the oil was running through so easy?
post #11 of 12 Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Glad you got her running. I've only owned one 2 stroke bike (I've always had 2 stroke, pre-mix weedeaters), and the bike was injected. Put straight 2-stroke injector oil in and never had a problem.

Are you talking about oil that was already pre-mixed with gas? If so, that was your problem.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #12 of 12 Old 07-08-2007, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Living the dream

Nope. Just 2 stroke motor oil that would be used for pre-mix. There is a label sort of hidden that says injector oil only. Was wondering if there is a thickness or flow difference in injector and just 2 cycle oil.

Also now knowing how the pump works lets me know to not turn the rear wheel and let oil flow in unless it is running. I can also let it idle while sitting to burn any excess off. We also turned up the idle a bit and it seems to run a lot better and stronger than before. Unreal how much oil spewed all over the place. I have some garage floor to scrub now.

Although we got a good ride in this morning before we takled the scooter. Then ripped around the neigborhood throwing smoke.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode