WrisTwister roll call reunion thread - Wrist Twisters
 89Likes

post #1 of 106 Old 03-08-2018, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Ian

WrisTwister roll call reunion thread

So I have been cruising around the old WT forum today and it got me thinking about the good times back in the hay days of the WT community and I started wondering what all the old crowd is getting up to nowadays.

So I figured I would start a little roll call reunion thread since you can easily see that a lot of the old members pop in now and then to see whats going on in the 919 community but arenít being drawn out to chat like we used to back in the day. Even if this doesnít turn into a big thing at least some of the players Iíve interacted with in the past can stumble across this and see I am still alive and kicking.

Iíll go first Ö.
That One Guy likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 106 Old 03-08-2018, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Ian

What's up everyone!

I am still living in NS out east, working at the same company and working my way up the ladder. My daughter turns 9 this year and I myself will be 40 next week Ö. This is terrifying yet glaring obvious when I look in a mirror Ö. So I just avoid mirrors now.

After finishing my 919 project finally Ö see it is possible!!!

I dove head first into finishing our VW Westfalia camper van project. This is easily the biggest project I have ever undertaken and the amount of stuff you can do to a vanagon is mind blowing. We are planning a two week road trip vacation trip this summer to the Gaspe Penisula and Quebec. Hopefully we will continue to branch out and reach further away from home each year Ö. At least thatís the plan.

I picked up a TW200 last year as well on a quick and dirty trade and continued to ďdo what I do ď and modify it to the point that it can barely be called a TW anymore. Lol.

The TW now has a WR450 front end, extended swing arm, ATV rear tire on a custom hub and a TTR230 engine with a six speed trans and a high compression wiseco piston. I contributed a fair bit over on the TW200 forum on the build Ö.. but the great photobucket scam of 2017 really took the wind out of my sails when all my content got mixed up in that BS.

I still have my 919 but am contemplating selling it. I donít need the cash but the space and potential to take on another project excites me. Iíll probably make the mistake of going for a quick ride this summer and keep it forever. Currently she needs some fresh paint and a new rear tire Ö.. maybe a new color combo is all I need to get reinvigorated.

Anyway I hope some of the other old school members take a minute to drop in and toss out some details on what youíve been up to and how you are doing.

All the best ride safe and thanks for all the great memories!

Cheers,
Ian
firedave and That One Guy like this.

post #3 of 106 Old 03-08-2018, 02:49 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Hello everyone I am a sex addict and I wan...

What? Really...?

Nevermind wrong forum.

post #4 of 106 Old 03-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Centurion

I remember seeing a Westy project here!
HeliMech likes this.

post #5 of 106 Old 03-08-2018, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce919er View Post
I remember seeing a Westy project here!
Yeah I posted some info a couple years ago. It's a fun toy and keeps me bis and oit of trouble.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

post #6 of 106 Old 03-08-2018, 05:28 PM
GLG-20

Garage

That franken-TW is cool!

Still hanging around... mostly lurking. Still have the Tuono, SV650, and DR. Not tinkering as much anymore, though I got a used Ohlins shock and some valving for the forks of the SV I plan to install this spring.

Good thread. Will be interesting to see who all checks in.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
HeliMech likes this.

'96 DR650, '01 SV650, '10 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
post #7 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 04:39 AM
Optio

Garage
Great idea Ian! Hella cool VW too!!!

After 4 years of ownership and tinkering I decided to part ways with the 919. Kids came, riding style changed, and bones started creaking. I sold the 919 and bought an FJR1300. Now the fun of personalization begins all over. I still pop in and lurk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HeliMech likes this.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
post #8 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
Great idea Ian! Hella cool VW too!!!
Thanks man. The VW has been a ton of fun. It has a 2.5L Subaru engine conversion, Weitec lowering springs, bigger sway bars and the 16" Mercedes wheels with wider rubber. It handles surprisingly well and pulls hard for a old bus with the aerodynamics a shed!

That FJR looks super comfy and I've heard they are really nice machine! The tank decal/emblem on it ... does that have a name or designation? I've been looking for a Yamaha decal for the TW/Frankenstein bike tank and that would look nice.

Thanks for the update man.

post #9 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 05:56 AM
Will fly for food.

Garage
Hello everyone! I finally graduated college and worked at Remington ammunition factory in Lonoke AR. After a year and a half of the madness I uprooted my life and moved to North Carolina to work for Hondajet. Iím now on my 3rd 919, and picked up motorcycle #20 a few weeks ago (my 3rd Ninja 250). Currently in the stable is also a 1985 GPZ900R, a stupid clean and way too nice for me 1991 ST1100, and a beater 2013 CBR250r.
firedave and HeliMech like this.

1965 PA-30 Twin Comanche
1985 Kawasaki GPZ900r
1999 Honda CBR1100XX
2005 Honda ST1300
2006 KLX250s
post #10 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 05:58 AM
Will fly for food.

Garage
Hereís a pic of the ST
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DAF75121-B4EE-491B-BB2F-4081CE772FAB_1520603863364.jpg (173.4 KB, 12 views)

1965 PA-30 Twin Comanche
1985 Kawasaki GPZ900r
1999 Honda CBR1100XX
2005 Honda ST1300
2006 KLX250s
post #11 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinoaviator View Post
Hello everyone! I finally graduated college and worked at Remington ammunition factory in Lonoke AR. After a year and a half of the madness I uprooted my life and moved to North Carolina to work for Hondajet. I’m now on my 3rd 919, and picked up motorcycle #20 a few weeks ago (my 3rd Ninja 250). Currently in the stable is also a 1985 GPZ900R, a stupid clean and way too nice for me 1991 ST1100, and a beater 2013 CBR250r.
The fact that your newest bike is considered the "beater" is awesome.

What are you doing at HondaJet!?!?!? That is basically my dream aircraft to work on .... since its Honda you know.

Do you guys run a moving assembly line style setup? How many airframes are there in house being build and do you guys put out a year?

post #12 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 07:07 AM
Optio

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMech View Post
Thanks man. The VW has been a ton of fun. It has a 2.5L Subaru engine conversion, Weitec lowering springs, bigger sway bars and the 16" Mercedes wheels with wider rubber. It handles surprisingly well and pulls hard for a old bus with the aerodynamics a shed!

That FJR looks super comfy and I've heard they are really nice machine! The tank decal/emblem on it ... does that have a name or designation? I've been looking for a Yamaha decal for the TW/Frankenstein bike tank and that would look nice.

Thanks for the update man.

Not that Iím aware. Itís simply the Yamaha logo. I think the PO slapped it on there. Looks like a plain old vinyl cutout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
post #13 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

I'm still kicking too, the 9er is my commuter now ($10 a week for gas as opposed to $80 for the F250) so not much time to do any mods, still tinkering with the RC front end swap, just need to finish up the headlight stay then start bolting things together.
I check in from time to time, mostly just lurk around, been spending time doing some things to the F250 so I've been spending time over on those forums more these days..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
LDH and HeliMech like this.

Dan
post #14 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 08:39 AM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Great thread!!!! Still kicking, still got Tuono. Sold vfr1200 and picked up 1990 bmw e30 coupe to fix up with my son. Amazing shape for ny car, almost no rust. Started as a simple cylinder head rebuild project. Turned into the full blown restoration ala e30 Alpina replica with 2.9L stroker with all new hardware and lots of new rear parts with custom leather interior etc etc.
Done a cross country trip on my jeep with a family, coast to coast without putting a tire on a single highway and tent camping along the way. Just over 9k miles...was lots of fun.

Addition to the family...black lab, our first family dog. Going to be a year old in a few days.

Here is old pic of the T with e30 shortly after we picked up the car. Lots of work.0810161807.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
HeliMech likes this.

post #15 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
Great thread!!!! Still kicking, still got Tuono. Sold vfr1200 and picked up 1990 bmw e30 coupe to fix up with my son. Amazing shape for ny car, almost no rust. Started as a simple cylinder head rebuild project. Turned into the full blown restoration ala e30 Alpina replica with 2.9L stroker with all new hardware and lots of new rear parts with custom leather interior etc etc.
Done a cross country trip on my jeep with a family, coast to coast without putting a tire on a single highway and tent camping along the way. Just over 9k miles...was lots of fun.

Addition to the family...black lab, our first family dog. Going to be a year old in a few days.

Here is old pic of the T with e30 shortly after we picked up the car. Lots of work.Attachment 146890

Always been a huge fan of the E30. I actually have a co-worker who has a few E30 cars and I am running a E30 brake booster in my vanagon now, its bigger and provides great brake feel.

Any old BMW makes short list of cars to LS swap ..... I have a 6.0L LS truck engine in the shop waiting for a future project.

post #16 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 09:40 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I'm still on 2, still have the 919 and 250rr in the stable. Come to think of it, the only 2 bikes i have ever sold is a cbr250r and a chinesium pocket bike so I guess it's to be expected lol. Something told me to sign on and give MM a hard time about Boodah. That poor monkey has been locked in his side cases for years I am pretty sure
HeliMech and LucilleBrawl like this.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #17 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 09:59 AM
just send it.

Garage
Checking in. Not much to say about myself... I picked up a Z125 then decided to cut off one of my fingers... because weight reduction... so I'm waiting for that to heal up before I can really ride that around. Crashed my SV at the track at the end of last season and I'm running out of time to get it up and running before track season starts in 2018. I need to rebuild my calipers, and once that is done, then it's basically re-assembly.... again, tough to do with the old booger hook non-operational.

[This space for rent]
post #18 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I'm still kicking... but I have only logged in here maybe 3 times in the last year. Life gave me quite a beating when I realized my (now ex) was cheating and binge drinking on the weekends while away on business. Possible opiate issues, too. Fast forward a year and we are divorced and I'm in talks with three different psychiatrists that state she is pathologically (non-diagnosed, because she doesn't want to get help) a sociopath with Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. She meets 18 of 20 criteria for all three diagnoses.

Needless to say, my entire life not only went on hold, it went on pause, rewind, eff up, eff down, and down the crap shoot. Got the new job, we were no more than 3 months in the new house when everything fell apart.

I went into therapy for narcissistic abuse recovery, whilst she went on a smear campaign to discredit me and tried to get full custody of the kids. It didn't work, as I had MOUNTAINS of information about what she was up to and we basically told her that it's 50/50 custody, no alimony EVER, and I get to claim the kids on taxes for LIFE, or we go to court and she gets to explain her behavior IN PUBLIC.

I kept the house and immediately put the kids in therapy as the abuse started with them as well.

Still have the Tuono, but there is still a short in an ignition wire. It cuts out every time I turn left...so I still have to chase that down and fix it. But being a single dad has pretty much taken all of my hobbies to zilch, so I haven't ridden for over a year.

I am finishing the garage and basement in the current house - it keeps my mind busy and lets me work out the stress. Also bought a truck - 2014 GMC Sierra SLT fully loaded. It's been an awesome truck so far, very pleased with it.

I do miss coming in here... we have had some good times.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #19 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
Checking in. Not much to say about myself... I picked up a Z125 then decided to cut off one of my fingers... because weight reduction... so I'm waiting for that to heal up before I can really ride that around. Crashed my SV at the track at the end of last season and I'm running out of time to get it up and running before track season starts in 2018. I need to rebuild my calipers, and once that is done, then it's basically re-assembly.... again, tough to do with the old booger hook non-operational.
Sheesh, @crakerjac, did you try and scrub in your tires with a brick or something?

Hopefully, you got some good pics? YouTube vids???

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #20 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 12:36 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
I'm still kicking... but I have only logged in here maybe 3 times in the last year. Life gave me quite a beating when I realized my (now ex) was cheating and binge drinking on the weekends while away on business. Possible opiate issues, too. Fast forward a year and we are divorced and I'm in talks with three different psychiatrists that state she is pathologically (non-diagnosed, because she doesn't want to get help) a sociopath with Borderline and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. She meets 18 of 20 criteria for all three diagnoses.

Needless to say, my entire life not only went on hold, it went on pause, rewind, eff up, eff down, and down the crap shoot. Got the new job, we were no more than 3 months in the new house when everything fell apart.

I went into therapy for narcissistic abuse recovery, whilst she went on a smear campaign to discredit me and tried to get full custody of the kids. It didn't work, as I had MOUNTAINS of information about what she was up to and we basically told her that it's 50/50 custody, no alimony EVER, and I get to claim the kids on taxes for LIFE, or we go to court and she gets to explain her behavior IN PUBLIC.

I kept the house and immediately put the kids in therapy as the abuse started with them as well.

Still have the Tuono, but there is still a short in an ignition wire. It cuts out every time I turn left...so I still have to chase that down and fix it. But being a single dad has pretty much taken all of my hobbies to zilch, so I haven't ridden for over a year.

I am finishing the garage and basement in the current house - it keeps my mind busy and lets me work out the stress. Also bought a truck - 2014 GMC Sierra SLT fully loaded. It's been an awesome truck so far, very pleased with it.

I do miss coming in here... we have had some good times.
My best friend went through exactly the same scenario a few years back. He took a beating for sure. All I can say that time heals....I witnessed it.

post #21 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 12:37 PM
just send it.

Garage
I was actually on my way to buy a motorcycle when my trailer bounced off the hitch... no idea why. It was dark so I was mucking the bracket on the underside of the hitch with my finger to see if it was loose. While I was doing so, I figured it would be a good idea to slam the trailer down on the ball to ensure it caught properly (made sense at the time).

When the trailer came down, I felt a pinch... pulled my finger out and it felt completely numb... so I walk around to the headlights on my truck and notice the end of my finger is missing. Walk around to the back of the truck, flip down the latch, make sure the trailer is secure to the hitch this time, pick up my finger and drive to the nearest urgent care... If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, urgent care isn't where you want to be... found that out the hard way.

Long story short, I had emergency reconstructive surgery on my finger by one of the states best hand surgeons. 8 weeks later and it will look almost normal... just 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter than it used to be.

[This space for rent]
post #22 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 01:02 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
My best friend went through exactly the same scenario a few years back. He took a beating for sure. All I can say that time heals....I witnessed it.
I cannot even begin to describe the torture. Pure, evil, illogical, emotional rape and torture. There is nothing that compares to it, and the psychiatrists stated as such (all had been through it themselves and it was the reason for their move to psychiatry, it was that bad. They wanted to help others).

Time does help. I'm doing much better now - back in the dating pool and having fun. Kids are doing ok, but still have a ways to go, as they are dealing with a completely unapologetic (zero empathy) mother. Kids just can't compute that and it messes with their heads.

Quote:
I was actually on my way to buy a motorcycle when my trailer bounced off the hitch... no idea why. It was dark so I was mucking the bracket on the underside of the hitch with my finger to see if it was loose. While I was doing so, I figured it would be a good idea to slam the trailer down on the ball to ensure it caught properly (made sense at the time).

When the trailer came down, I felt a pinch... pulled my finger out and it felt completely numb... so I walk around to the headlights on my truck and notice the end of my finger is missing. Walk around to the back of the truck, flip down the latch, make sure the trailer is secure to the hitch this time, pick up my finger and drive to the nearest urgent care... If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, urgent care isn't where you want to be... found that out the hard way.

Long story short, I had emergency reconstructive surgery on my finger by one of the states best hand surgeons. 8 weeks later and it will look almost normal... just 1/4 to 1/2 inch shorter than it used to be.
I could see that being an easy mistake to make. Glad they got it taken care of and re-attached. Some folks wouldn't even have thought to go get their finger.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #23 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 01:09 PM
just send it.

Garage
Quote:
I cannot even begin to describe the torture. Pure, evil, illogical, emotional rape and torture.
Went through a very similar experience. I'm glad you are doing much better. Some people go to a very dark place and that in itself can be difficult to come back from.

[This space for rent]
post #24 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 01:17 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I cannot even begin to describe the torture. Pure, evil, illogical, emotional rape and torture. There is nothing that compares to it, and the psychiatrists stated as such (all had been through it themselves and it was the reason for their move to psychiatry, it was that bad. They wanted to help others).

Time does help. I'm doing much better now - back in the dating pool and having fun. Kids are doing ok, but still have a ways to go, as they are dealing with a completely unapologetic (zero empathy) mother. Kids just can't compute that and it messes with their heads.

I could see that being an easy mistake to make. Glad they got it taken care of and re-attached. Some folks wouldn't even have thought to go get their finger.
He was actually getting physically sick from the stress. Some shit I never even heard of. Forgot exact name of the condition but his skin could hold an image after something pressed on it. He could write a word on his arm with a finger and it clearly appeared and stayed like a tattoo. Stress can do some crazy stuff.

post #25 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Ian

Quote:

That's crazy. My father lost 1/4 finger a few years ago in a freak zamboni accident ... only in Canada.

Best of luck with the recovery. It'll take awhile to get used to doing stuff like you used to but I am sure you'll get it sorted.

post #26 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Brain stolen again?

CrakerJ..................No matter how hard I try I am just not able to see the tip of your finger in that illustration.
HeliMech and That One Guy like this.

ďI said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #27 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Ian

Wes that's a wild story man. I wish the best to you and the kids.

I share an office with a guy who went through a somehwat similar thing years ago as well. His life was turned upside down and he felt like the world was eating him alive one piece at a time. He was so stressed out at the peak his hair fell out in patches.

His ex was diagnosed with schizophrenia and eventually hospitalized. Both him and his kids have been through hell and they are made it through to the other side.

He is remarried now and happy, kids are almost grown and gone and they are well sorted along young adults.

If you ever want to talk or even just shoot the shit just shoot me a PM. You can always defect to Canada!

post #28 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 01:58 PM
`

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMech View Post

Any old BMW makes short list of cars to LS swap ..... I have a 6.0L LS truck engine in the shop waiting for a future project.
No LS swap for this one, what to keep her close to original. Kept good old M20 engine. M52 crank (9mm longer stroke than original M20), 1mm over bore with custom Mahle pistons. Original SOHC head with lighter valves, stiffer springs and Schrick cam. From the outside, it will look just like good old 35 year old design M20 engine but 2.9L instead of 2.5L. Custom engine management. We build the engine 6 month ago, ready to go in. The rest of the stuff takes forever, lots of parts and small undercarriage surface rust spots here and there that had to be addressed. It is down to the shell at the moment. Waiting for the warmer weather to drop her off for repaint so we can start putting her together. Has been scoring some rare Alpina parts from Germany...has been fun
HeliMech likes this.

post #29 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Ian

Quote:
No LS swap for this one, what to keep her close to original. Kept good old M20 engine. M52 crank (9mm longer stroke than original M20), 1mm over bore with custom Mahle pistons. Original SOHC head with lighter valves, stiffer springs and Schrick cam. From the outside, it will look just like good old 35 year old design M20 engine but 2.9L instead of 2.5L. Custom engine management. We build the engine 6 month ago, ready to go in. The rest of the stuff takes forever, lots of parts and small undercarriage surface rust spots here and there that had to be addressed. It is down to the shell at the moment. Waiting for the warmer weather to drop her off for repaint so we can start putting her together. Has been scoring some rare Alpina parts from Germany...has been fun
Very nice! The vanagon resto sounds similar ... it's the little stuff the kills you and the devil is in the details as you know.

What are you running for engine management ... mega squirt? micro? Haltech?

I have built a few subaru standalone harneess before and war to branch out into a custom EMS eventually. I have a line on a JDM twin turbo subaru engine through a friend that I want to get my hands on.

If I could make the van push over 250hp and make "woosh pssshhhtt" noises I would be very happy. =)

post #30 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 05:43 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Hello everyone I am a sex addict and I wan...

What? Really...?

Nevermind wrong forum.
Being the suave sophisticate I sense you to be, I am sure you meant "aficionado" instead of "addict" !
It's certainly a more complimentary term, especially for such an area of, ah, um, .....activity.

post #31 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 06:21 PM
StormSurfer

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Whip here, figured I'd stop in for a beer...lol! Anyway hope everyone has been doing good on 2 wheels, I am currently bikeless, after hitting my 3rd deer hard enough to actually kill it and having shoulder surgery the buell started acting tired so I decided to let it go, I am getting the itch for another bike...thinking FZ9...well have fun and be safe fellas!

:buell:
post #32 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 06:25 PM
McTavish

Helimech,
Excellent new thread and thanks for starting it.
I hope I qualify, trusting that joining in late 2007 is adequate.

I still have the Ď05 919 Iíve had since new, and itís still not yet in its final evolution, but fairly close.
Iíll have this bike forever, just like the í73 SOHC CB750 I bought new but has been sleeping in the garage since í95.

I bought a badly binned 07 GSX-R 750 in early Ď09, rebuilt it to what I would call club level spec, started using it as a track day bike in 10, and did some amateur level club racing on it in í11.
Our track was literally 10 minutes from our house, but it closed at the end of í11 and Iíve not been on a track since.
A new track is supposed to be operational next year, so Iím going to do at least one track day in Edmonton this year, then go to Yamaha Champions two day school this winter to be nicely ready for next yearís new track completion Ė trusting it really does get built.

The garage is nearly finished, so next winter will see fully heated and well lit shop space for some serious CB750 rebuilding and mods.
If I had the coin, thereíd be a new Triumph 765 and Kawasaki Z900RS (not the CR version!) going into the garage.

I retired in late 2016, and am loving the life.
Weíre now up to 5 grandchildren, oldest near 8 and the youngest two almost 1.
The eldest was on my 919 at age of 5, and he has been hooked bigtime ever since.

All in all, life is good.

WíTíers has sure changed over time.

Weíre still relevant, just going by New Members and Lurkers search for in terms of old threads, as well as some new threads started.
However, the kind of relevance we have is not ideal.
Also not lost on me is how we get picked up by some Australians and New Zealanders, but hardly by any Continentals or UKíers, in terms of present day activity that is.

Too bad we donít get any level of capture for things like FZ9s and Z900RSs, plus whatever Euro nakeds we might be able to corral.
We desperately need current nakeds involved, owners of that is.

Personally, Iíve really noticed a severe tailing off of PMs to me for PC and suspension/chassis related info.
But that is surely misleading to some degree, as the DropBox is now loaded with stuff, and more websites have 919s listed for components.

Things have toned down as well, thereís very few ďspirited engagementsĒ these days, and itís been that way for a few years now.
Exchanges with zaq123 for spring rates always got the blood moving.
For what itís worth, Iíve pretty much given up on calling the ringed gizmos that screw in or out of the fork caps, ďride height adjustersĒ. 😊
firedave and HeliMech like this.

post #33 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 06:34 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He was actually getting physically sick from the stress. Some shit I never even heard of. Forgot exact name of the condition but his skin could hold an image after something pressed on it. He could write a word on his arm with a finger and it clearly appeared and stayed like a tattoo. Stress can do some crazy stuff.

I got down to 129lbs.

I'm 6'2". How's 'dem apples???

(I'm back up to 160 now).
mcromo44 and HeliMech like this.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #34 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 06:47 PM
McTavish

Quote:
I got down to 129lbs.

Yikes !
That Sir is in the severely ungood category!!!

post #35 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 06:50 PM
McTavish

Hey,
Who are our active Mod's these days? !
I can't remember the last time I saw a Mod' post on anything, in the capacity of being a Mod' that is.
What's the scoop on all that?

post #36 of 106 Old 03-09-2018, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Ian

Quote:
I got down to 129lbs.

That's nuts!

I was double your weight and an inch shorter.

Didn't you get sick traveling one time too and drop a ton of weight?

post #37 of 106 Old 03-10-2018, 05:08 AM
I WANNA RIDE!

Not much to say here. I'm around every day just don't post a lot. I ususally only post if I have a question or if I have info that I think can help someone else.
Still riding my 2007 919. Still love it.
Haven't done much modding in the last few years due to buying a house 5 years ago.
Last things I did were adding a Leo Vince exhaust and little bits like a RAM mount for my iPhone and a USB port so I can charge it while riding (the GPS app uses A LOT of battery power). Put a Go Cruise on. And that's really about it. I did most of my modding before 2013.
If the funds become available I'd like to add the rear Ohlins.
Found a couple groups local to me that do a lot of riding so I'm able to get out almost every weekend.
I got out of working in retail business after 24 years! And finally got a "real" job, 9-5 M-F so I have a real life instead of working early morning and late evening hours and ALL the weekends and holidays. Now I have all the holidays off with pay and I love it.
Not really much else to say. Cheers to you all!
Here's a recent (2 yrs ago!) pic of the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0468.jpg (371.5 KB, 14 views)
HeliMech likes this.

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #38 of 106 Old 03-10-2018, 07:22 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsalad View Post
I'm still on 2, still have the 919 and 250rr in the stable. Come to think of it, the only 2 bikes i have ever sold is a cbr250r and a chinesium pocket bike so I guess it's to be expected lol. Something told me to sign on and give MM a hard time about Boodah. That poor monkey has been locked in his side cases for years I am pretty sure

I'm holding Boodah hostage until Nesty returns the valve shims LOL

My 919 is still kicking at 102K miles, but I have ridden less this winter than any year I have owned it. Mostly crappy weekend weather.

Changed jobs in June just to another defense contractor due consolidation of some contracts by the gov't. Also have a side business that is growing, so that takes up some nights and weekend time too.

I still check in here most days, but just don't post as much. It's great to see that people are still innovating and finding new way to improve the 9'er as well as see the new bikes that people are moving on to. Lot's of great bikes out there.
HeliMech likes this.

post #39 of 106 Old 03-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Optio

Garage
I pop in every couple days to check on things but don't really post to much. I was here way more often when the app still worked! I still have my 919 and get out on it but I haven't put a ton of km's on it in the last few years. I found my CBR rear wheel was causing a vibration which took a while to find, running the stock rims for now till I get it figured out. I picked up a '98 ZX9R a few years ago and brought it back from the dead. I had a lot of fun with that project but sold it last spring to help pay for mods to the newest addition, a 2016 Africa Twin. The adventure bike community in my area is huge and there are a huge amount of gravel/ logging roads in the area. There's always somebody willing to go for a ride or help you out with your bike. It's very different than the other local bike groups and I like the fact that I'm not riding alone 95% of the time as I like going father than the closest Tim Hortons, lol.
Riding offroad is completely new to me and I've been having a fun time learning new skills.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2275.jpg (353.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2194.jpg (398.2 KB, 12 views)
mcromo44 and HeliMech like this.

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
post #40 of 106 Old 03-10-2018, 08:19 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

Hello WT. I canít remember last time I was here! I still have the 919 but sheís no longer my favorite ride. Sheís at 93K kmís now and needs a new front tire. I also have some 3M camo wrap to wrap her with. I was debating selling the bike a few years back but I just canít do it...
Couple years ago i sold my Ď69 Pontiac and I bought an Ď81 Shovelhead. I since put in an overdrive transmish and transformed it into a Rat Bike. I prefer riding the Shovel cause itís always an adventure. Her name is the TimeBomb, you never know when sheís gonna blow up!!!
I also like working on my Tacoma, it requires quite a bit of maintenance cause it has a belt driven turbo, aka Supercharger!!! lol
I was gonna get an LS engine and drop it into a cheap vťhicule but I think Iím gonna get a Cummins 12v instead. Buy the cheapest station wagon I can find and drop it in there.
I finally bought a welder last year and I have to say itís the best investment I ever made for the garage.
Between working long hours, spending time with the girlfriend and helping my friends with their projects, I donít have much time anymore.
I still find the time for at least one good road trip every summer. I had my first encounter with a deer last September, broke my left collar bone and right thumb(metacarpal).
I was on Vancouver Island, left the bike in a safe location and came back on the plane to get surgery here in Edmonton. The bike has minor injuries, broken mirror, bent clutch lever. Iím gonna fly back beginning of summer with spare parts and ride her home.
In the meantime stay safe everyone and see you on the road...
firedave, mcromo44 and HeliMech like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode