post #1 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Will we see justice?

Motorcycle-truck collision in Lafayette claims man's life Sunday
Gannett Louisiana News • April 12, 2010

The driver of a motorcycle died Sunday afternoon from injuries suffered when the driver of a truck turned into his path.
The motorcycle operator, Justin Claudean Crawford, 26, of Lafayette, was traveling east in the 200 block of East Kaliste Saloom Road when a truck, traveling west on Kaliste Saloom Road, turned left into his path, Cpl. Paul Mouton, public information officer, Lafayette Police, said.
Crawford was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries, he said.
The truck driver, Ty Alexander, 38, of Vivian, was not injured. He was cited for failure to yield while turning left, Mouton said.

The crash remains under investigation

If like normal, he will get maybe 30 days and clean up litter for 30 more, and if un-lucky loose his D.L.
A bicyclist got killed and run in Shreveport Friday and I doubt anything will ever come of it.
You can't afford to depend on the right of way.

[
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 09:21 AM
(oYo)

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

No. We wont.

post #3 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Allons-y!

Garage
There's been two MC accidents here in Iowa in the past week. One killed a high school teacher who was my age (Car didn't yield), the other was between two squids who collided. Yea, it's us vs. the Cagers, but EVERYONE needs to get smarter and more attentive.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it" ~ Ayn Rand

post #4 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Hastatus Posterior

No, not in this part of the world either.

There has been more than a few examples on an Australian mc forum were motorcyclists have received jail time for speeding, incurred serious costs vs a slap on the wrist for motorists causing the death of motorcyclists. I suspect it very much the same here. The world is truely back to front in this wretched politically correct age we live in.

post #5 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM
yzarc mi os

We had a 50 year old man get hit by a truck that veered into his lane this Saturday.
As to my knowledge nothing has been done about it not even a ticket.MY first night on my bike had the same thing happen with an astro van on a straight road that prick took off.

It's a wonderful world we live in ain't it.

article of accident from saturday.http://www.westplextoday.com/artman/...Accident.shtml

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
post #6 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase

Re: Porrboy

If you read the articles to the right side of the article, you'll see that nearly everyone was caused by a car, nothing about issuing tickets.
We need some lawyers like the bicyclists do.

[
post #7 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

it was like 2 yrs ago here when right in town a man swerved to pass a turning car and hit a MC head on the guy never even hit his brakes till it was done with, killed a mother of 2. the prick only got 52 weekENDS in jail because if he went to jail full time his company would have shutdown, yea like that is important he mows fawking lawns.....
but dont get caught up in animal abuse you will pay fines out your arse and be locked up for life

post #8 of 10 Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Optio

Being a motorcyclist sort of reminds me of the old days when the cops used to blame the rape victim for "inviting" an attack because she wore provocative clothing. It's like the justice system figures we took a risk by getting on a bike, so whatever comes our way was partially our fault, regardless.

post #9 of 10 Old 05-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Tirone

I remember riding in San Diego in the 70's when I was in the Navy. At the time cars seemed to look out for bikes. Never had a close call. I was talking to a local about it one day. He said that people were really careful with motorcycle riders. They were afraid that if they would run over a hells angel their whole family would suffer the rath.

post #10 of 10 Old 05-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase

Very sad.

I bet that RIP Justin didn't have:
1) Silverstar bulb, from any cage parts store
2) Headlight Modulator, www.kisantech.com
3) Stebel Airhorn, TwistedThrottle.com

Please update your bike and ride safe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode