Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

What's a 2002 919 worth with 28k

Tags
3K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  Pvster 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at a 02 919 with 28k has some light mods (PCIII and Two Bros. carbon pipe) he's wanting 2600.00 FIRM for it. I'm just curious what you vets think in your opinion what it's worth. Bike is in lil better than average condition. I want a CB1000R but I'm looking at a 919 to customize and I really like them. I've been looking for a while don't want to spend a mint for one. I have an F4i and I really got into naked bikes. I'm a Honda guy so naturally I want a 919. I appreciate any comments you guys can throw out.

#3 ·
I tried to sell my 2002 with 20,000 in 2010 and the best offer I got was 1700 from craigslist. It was (and still is at 25,000) in good shape with hard luggage. Needless to say, I kept it.

#4 ·
Wow, so I may be overpaying then. Or, nobody likes 919's in Wis. I figured it may be overpriced cause it's at a lil bike shop around here and they keep saying it's a steal. I don't know.. He says he will not budge on price.

#10 ·
I appreciate you guys taking the time to chime in it's making me feel like I should drop the hammer.

#11 ·
Hey guys last minute scenario popped in I came across a 03 with 7k a Corbin seat and frame sliders real clean but was a repo and it has a r title for 2500.00 as well what would you do?

#19 ·
+1 The guy I got mine from was asking 2500 and it had a bent radiator, bondo/kreemed tank, scratched side covers, rebuilt title, 10k on the odo (even though the odo was from an '04+ and my bike is an '03)

But if you think about it, there is a lot of bike there for the dough! To have such a capable bike for the price of a middleweight cruiser was what sold me!

#15 ·
It will always be easier to sell a higher mileage, clean title bike vs a clean bike with a dirty title.

#16 ·
How much do you feel a bike like this is worth if it's really clean? It looks to be on better shape than the one I asked about at the beginning of this thread.

#17 ·
fordmanforever said:
How much do you feel a bike like this is worth if it's really clean? It looks to be on better shape than the one I asked about at the beginning of this thread.
I would say that's a fair price but you can find them with a clean title for a lil more. Sometimes the same price with higher miles. Everything's cheaper in the winter or make him a lower offer and enjoy... I bought mine for 3k with 13k miles and it has about 3000 in aftermarket parts and a clean title. You can shop around and find the bike/ deal that you are looking for if you are patient. I looked for 2 months with 4k in hand until I found mine

#20 ·
So how much then if it's real nice 1800.00? 2000.00? More? He says the only reason for the rebuilt title is that was a repo and that's why it's currently owned by a 70 yr old man days he puts 1000 miles a year idk

#22 ·
fordmanforever said:
So how much then if it's real nice 1800.00? 2000.00? More? He says the only reason for the rebuilt title is that was a repo and that's why it's currently owned by a 70 yr old man days he puts 1000 miles a year idk
You are not gonna go wrong buying one of these bikes. So if its nice and you can agree on a price then I would go for it. It's garage kept low miles and has a new 600$ seat with back rest. You can't ask for much more for the money if you ask me.

#23 ·
I've never heard of a repo causing a title to become branded.. I'd do a little research in your state as to what/why a title becomes branded and if repo isn't listed, then the dude is lying to you and something fishy is going on. I urge you to use extreme caution here.

#24 ·
Last october, my insurance thought that $3500 was quite the fair price to pay. 2500 is bargain-basement...cant get a good modern bike without needing lots of work for less. Heck, people are buying 78 CX-500'S for about that much.

#27 · (Edited)
Pvster said:
Yeah and? Age has nothing to do with it :rolleyes:
Again you chime in when you don't know what you are talking about. I'm gonna go look at the bike for him and take some pictures right now so he doesnt have to drive so far for nothing. The forum really appreciates you're constant bashing and negativity tho. Good job.. Awe I see you deleted what you originally said my bad I guess. Even you thought that was a dick thing to say lol...

#28 · (Edited)
No, I thought YOU were the buyer and I refreshed my memory after the fact, My post still stands, and you're still a tool. Oh, and it's your, not you're :flowers:

Nice of you to go check on it and all that jazz, but my advice still stands for the OP (not you), and age has nothing to do with a potentially questionable title. Go troll somewhere else, have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Edit: dick enough for you? :laugh: :flowers: :lurker-eating-popco end of my derail.

#30 ·
Ok and auction based dealer automatically rules out any possibility of questionable deals? :rolleyes:

You seem to worry enough to respond to each of my posts, getting your panties in a wad much? :laugh:

Nope, not an English teacher, and no I don't know much. At least I'm able to say that and as a result, practice Socratic Ignorance. Be careful, your world might implode so I don't recommend it for you :laugh:

Have a nice day :flowers:

#31 · (Edited)
Pvster said:
Ok and auction based dealer automatically rules out any possibility of questionable deals? :rolleyes:

You seem to worry enough to respond to each of my posts, getting your panties in a wad much? :laugh:

Nope, not an English teacher, and no I don't know much. At least I'm able to say that and as a result, practice Socratic Ignorance. Be careful, your world might implode so I don't recommend it for you :laugh:

Have a nice day :flowers:
Its called Racers Edge 411 look it up. They have been around for awhile now. The bike has already passed the state salvage inspection and is already tagged and titled with a rebuilt salvage title. What's there to worry about?

#32 ·
Lol you still seem worried enough to keep responding :laugh:

As pulled from Franklin County, Ohio Clerk of Courts Dealer manual:

Salvage – A salvage title is issued for one of two reasons. The most common is the title that is issued when an insurance company has declared a vehicle to be economically impractical to repair. A salvage title is also issued when a vehicle is subject to an abandoned motor vehicle affidavit by a law enforcement agency. When a salvage title has been issued, a duplicate or replacement can be issued if the need arises. The duplicate or replacement title will still be considered a “salvage title”.
Also of note:

When a titled owner defaults in payment of a mortgage noted on a certificate of title, the lienholder may obtain a repossession title in their name. Only the application portion of the back of the title needs to be completed. The applicant’s name and address are the name and address of the lienholder as shown on the face of the title. The reason for tax exemption should be stated as “Resale – Financial Institution”. Lien information must be marked with the word “NONE”. An authorized representative must sign the title, and must state the company name and their position with the company. The title must be notarized. On motor vehicle repossessions, an applicant’s odometer statement must be completed. The second box on the odometer statement is the one that applies to repossession (operation of law). If the vehicle has not yet been recovered, complete the odometer statement and enter “repossession” in the space for mileage.The security agreement or a certified copy must be surrendered with the title and odometer statement when applying for a new title. When a dealer is the one applying for the repossession title as lienholder, the dealer must first get a repossession title and then apply for a resale title, if the vehicle is to be sold from the dealer’s lot. For sample form, see exhibit "L".
http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/clerk/docs/at/Dealer_Manual.pdf

If you did your homework such as I did above and if you're paying attention to what you just read, you'll notice that there is no mention of a salvage title being produced as a result of a repossession.

This goes back to my original point which you tried (and failed) to refute:

fordmanforever said:
pvster said:
I've never heard of a repo causing a title to become branded.. I'd do a little research in your state as to what/why a title becomes branded and if repo isn't listed, then the dude is lying to you and something fishy is going on. I urge you to use extreme caution here.
As per what I posted above (unless I missed it somewhere else), there is no salvage title issued for a repossession. This means something very questionable is going on regarding the situation. Either the seller is lying about why the title is salvaged, or someone else lied about it. Either way, it has a salvage title and the stated reasoning behind it is questionable. Have a nice day redline919 :flowers:

OP, I advise you strongly use extreme caution if you decide to move forward. Typically when someone is lying about a vehicle title, they're trying to hide something and you don't wait to get stuck with it.

#33 ·
Pvster said:
Lol you still seem worried enough to keep responding :laugh:

As pulled from Franklin County, Ohio Clerk of Courts Dealer manual:

Also of note:

http://www.franklincountyohio.gov/clerk/docs/at/Dealer_Manual.pdf

If you did your homework such as I did above and if you're paying attention to what you just read, you'll notice that there is no mention of a salvage title being produced as a result of a repossession.

This goes back to my original point which you tried (and failed) to refute:

As per what I posted above (unless I missed it somewhere else), there is no salvage title issued for a repossession. This means something very questionable is going on regarding the situation. Either the seller is lying about why the title is salvaged, or someone else lied about it. Either way, it has a salvage title and the stated reasoning behind it is questionable. Have a nice day redline919 :flowers:

OP, I advise you strongly use extreme caution if you decide to move forward. Typically when someone is lying about a vehicle title, they're trying to hide something and you don't wait to get stuck with it.
Lol you are seriously retarted its already been through the process and is street legal and tagged.

Vehicle Tire Plant Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Like I said he bought it from here http://www.racersedge411.com/ and they bought it from an auction

#34 ·
Lol you are seriously retarted its already been through the process and is street legal and tagged.

Like I said he bought it from here http://www.racersedge411.com/ and they bought it from an auction
I think you missed the entire point. It has NOTHING to do with it being street legal and/or tagged already. It has everything to do with the reason the seller listed as having the salvage title.

Clearly you lack reading comprehension. You fail :blink:

#35 ·
Pvster said:
I think you missed the entire point. It has NOTHING to do with it being street legal and/or tagged already. It has everything to do with the reason the seller listed as having the salvage title.

Clearly you lack reading comprehension. You fail :blink:
No I just don't read half of what you say. You keep writing me books. Who cares what the story on it is? He can run the vin numbers if he is concerned about some old dude having to sell his bike because he can't physically ride it anymore. It's pretty sad really.

#37 · (Edited)
I paid 2800 for mine 3 years ago, it had 28K miles.

I came from an F4i too, still my favorite bike of all time. I had been out of biking for a couple years, not sure I would straight jump from the F4i to 9'er. I like the 9'er, but the F4i was more me.

ha, just noticed you were from Pitt, i bought the bike from a honda dealer on the west side of pitt, wow, that was a heck of a welcome back. no riding for 2+ years, and my first ride is 3+ hours on the pa turnpike! it was there i found out the gas light didnt work... coasted into a rest stop to fill up... wowow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.