Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

What have u done for your bike today??

522K views 7K replies 416 participants last post by  rufftup 
#1 ·
I'm starting this in case one day i'm looking for something to do for my bike and I have no motivation. A couple words with a picture or 2 might give someone the iniciative to start a new mod or even wash his or her bike.

#3 ·
I took it for a ride, and checked the tire pressure when I got home! :001_cool:

I should do that more often, I was down about 5lbs in front... in fact last sunday I was missing some air from the front, too. seems I may have picked up a small leak! :blink:

#5 · (Edited)
Yesterday was oil and filter change day. And I ordered a Soundgate for the Goldwing last week and it should be here tomorrow. The Soundgate is direct connect interface for iPods and iPhones. It plugs into the factory CD player plug and allows you to use an iPod through the bike's audio system, and change songs, volume, etc with the controls on the left-side grip that are meant for the (optional) Honda CD changer. And the interface charges the Apple device and pauses music when switching to and from AM/FM or XM radio.

Should be an awesome addition for touring duty! :)

Attachments

Reactions: Mark61
#10 ·
I installed my center stand (sorry no pics), it was a bit of a PITA but I really like it, I just wish I new why the instructions had me take the rear cowl off

#11 ·
Yesterday I made a bracket to mount my new Stebel horn. I'm discretely hanging it off one of the main stand mounts under the bike. Stealth - until I push the loud button!

Next up is to extend the stock horn wiring and run in under the tank down to the horn.

May as well change the water while the tank is up too.

#13 ·
Oil and filter. Cleaned up the scratches from last years astrovan encounter and painted. Installed new cowl from said encounter. Packed fresh grease into the rear bearings ran out of time for the fronts that's for tomorrow will get some pics tomorrow maybe. It's always dirty since I live quite a ways down gravel.

Oh yeah clean and lubed chain and put on a few coats of wax too. Need to remember to flip The PCIII back over before I leave out tomorrow or the frame will be deprogramming me as I ride. I use the rubber band deal under the seat to hole it in place. Putting a sticky note up on the monitor now to remind me and on the tread mill. I'm a forgetful idget especially in the morning.

#16 ·
I licked her. Then I rode her... hard.

#19 · (Edited)
At 47K, the '03 919 was due for:

Oil and filter change.

Fresh Rubber (F/R) PR2's

Cleaned up the front calipers and replaced pads.

New rear wheel bearings(sprocket hub bearing was fine).

Replaced rear caliper(another story) and installed new pads.

Took it out Sunday for 311 mile day trip up through the Catskill Mountains.

Doc

#23 ·
The CRF450X got new handlebars and bar clamps. I also washed her and lubed the chain.

My wife's CRF230 is in the middle of a front end swap - CR85 forks with new triple clamps, steering stem bearing, fork seals, bushings, heavy duty springs, and fresh fluid. First time working on fork internals so it's taking me a while...

The 919 got fresh oil and had the chain cleaned and lubed after this last track day.

#24 ·
switched my dirt wheels back to my supermoto wheels after trail riding this weekend and reinstalled my rear lights so I am street legal again, and put a new chain on.

#26 ·
I looked at my 10r waiting for her new rear wheel, a victim of the budget crunch and I sighed. Fortunately, I have the KLR, but her brake pads are wafer thin. When they go, I sit and wait for funds.......................