Awesome and congrats on the new ride Jim! Do you still have the BMW too?
Still got the Beemer, and the Hurricane. I'll never let that go. And Sniper is right, the 919 was in great shape. Hated to see it go but it was time to move on.
This Twin is really getting on my good side. I'm trying to break it in right, but I can't wait to romp on this thing. It actually handles really well. It's like riding a big dirt bike with a damn nice motor.
^Which begs the question, What if Honda took that engine, hopped it up a bit, put it in a stiff, light frame, or maybe the Twin's frame, stripped it down to the bare essentials,and made it into a really light Streetfighter?
The result would be a "Honda Super Duke", and the Hondaphobes would love it.
Using the Twin's engine for a streetbike makes much more sence to me than a (mythical) supercharged L-Twin. Neither will happen.....
i saw that they'll be offering a newer more offroadier capable africa twin soon...bigger tank, beefed up suspension etc :P
I heard and read some of that also. Honestly, most of my time will be on road with this bike, but it will definitely see dirt/gravel and some camping trips. I'm good with the mix I will use it and how it will be setup. I will change the tires to more offroad capable, but I don't see me in extremely remote areas or a lot of single track.
It will be interesting to see how the AT changes with the introduction to the US.
"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
Nice bike, I've been very happy with mine. I've done 9000kms on mine since I got it with quite a few of them offroad. It's pretty amazing how well the bike handles on and offroad and have been happy with it to do 90% of my riding on. I still have my 919 for the other 10% and will probably keep it for the forseeable future.