Way to go morons... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 AM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Way to go morons...

Have fun gettting F'ed in the ass by every cop in WA state for the next few years. Oh yeah, and thanks for making me look like a shitbag simply because I ride.

I hope these Dbags fail to negotiate a curve, highside the bike and fly headon into a tree.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._taunt12m.html

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 05:15 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Nice....:sigh:

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #3 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 05:25 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Some people just amaze me.

Spoiler:

post #4 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 AM
What, me worry?

Never try and teach a pig to sing: it's a waste of time, and it annoys the pig.

--Robert A. Heinlein

GL1500CD Valkyrie
post #5 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Immune

"two other bikers in the group cut him off, forcing him to swerve and slam on his brakes."

I don't fully understand this. I obviously don't advocate running over motorcyclists, but if one cuts you off and puts himself in danger then the outcome is all their fault. Maybe after this incident the cop will think twice about swerving next time...

post #6 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

well thats just goddamned great. Thankd guys...you're friggin brilliant.

those guys sound like part of Nightrider's crew from Mad Max...

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #7 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Brain stolen again?

It's a sick world in need of an enema. The scorn these idiots have heaped upon all of us is unacceptable.

的 said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #8 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 07:45 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankly View Post
"two other bikers in the group cut him off, forcing him to swerve and slam on his brakes."

I don't fully understand this. I obviously don't advocate running over motorcyclists, but if one cuts you off and puts himself in danger then the outcome is all their fault. Maybe after this incident the cop will think twice about swerving next time...

+1 the seattle rain would've cleaned them up:001_smile:

the harley guys "ride around trying to be safe"? or not getting busted for dui while they barhop?

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #9 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvir View Post
the harley guys "ride around trying to be safe"? or not getting busted for dui while they barhop?
TROOF! hehehehe I can't tell you how many times I've sat at The Dock watching guys riding cruisers chug beers for over an hour then hop on their bike and ride off.

I will commend the trooper representative for saying a 'very, very small group' is making all riders look bad. I also give some kuddos to the paper for actually publishing that.

Part of me thinks the most awesome thing in the world would be to be involved in a police chase. Whether on a bike or in a sports car, I would love it...assuming nobody is going to get hurt. I love the adrenaline of speeding and never drive less than 5 - 10 over unless my radar detector goes off or a cop is visible.

Of course I have my limits and could never do any of that so...Still...I have to sigh at the ignorance.

post #10 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Two Wheeled Warlord

This is somewhat difficult to read as it's a bunch of re-posts merged into one thread with a few abusive posts deleted. The gist of it is seems to be the local news doesn't quite have the full story. He did run off the road chasing motorcycles but a separate group of riders stopped, called 911 and otherwise assisted him.

The return to jeer at him report is suspect also, if you're running at warp 9 and the pursuit vanishes, the effort required to double back and find out where the chaser went is counter intuitive.

http://pnwriders.com/general-discuss...publicity.html

post #11 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Brain stolen again?

I don't get what you are saying, Danke. It's a Seattle Times story published yesterday. What re-posts?

Mathew Quigley
post #12 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Two Wheeled Warlord

Read the Pacific North West riders thread in the link, X# of people posted the news about the chase and accident and the mods there merged the threads so if you read it back to front it's a bit disconnected now.

There are pictures from the riders who helped in the thread, those weren't newsworthy though it seems.

post #13 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:22 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

That was dumb of the cop to wreck the taxpayer's car. Like Dirty Hatty said: A man's got to know his limitations.

That was evil of the morons to stop and clap. They should have been shot right there. In my book, evil is a lot harder to cure than dumb.

I guess they give a new cop a Crown Vic and a couple hours training and turn em loose. A Crown Vic is a mountain of metal.... The last big snow we had, I saw 2 of em in the ditch late one night. I was pulling UPS doubles, with a single drive axle. About 3 years ago a cop got hydroplaned and wiped out about a mile from my house.

In Indy Mon Aug 9, a cop killed a motorcyclist. The cop was drunk times 2. Point one eight was what the radio said. Shaug might know the particulars better than I. Another Indy cop got fired for stealing. Dumb knows no boundries. Neither does evil, uniform or riding gear.

post #14 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Brain stolen again?

Danke, I read some replies and most of them seem to emanate from shitheads. I still don't understand your POV. Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake. You think their is a conspiracy by the cop(s)? You know as well as I do their are more than enough shit-for-brains assholes riding sportbikes out there. And there is no shortage of runners. Personally, fuck them in the asshole in lockup as far as I'm concerned. Man up if you get redlighted. You play, you pay. You want to run and hide, die for all I care, but don't take anyone with you(said to all the dorks out there, present company excluded because we are wiser)

Mathew Quigley
post #15 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That was dumb of the cop to wreck the taxpayer's car. Like Dirty Hatty said: A man's got to know his limitations.

That was evil of the morons to stop and clap. They should have been shot right there. In my book, evil is a lot harder to cure than dumb.

I guess they give a new cop a Crown Vic and a couple hours training and turn em loose. A Crown Vic is a mountain of metal.... The last big snow we had, I saw 2 of em in the ditch late one night. I was pulling UPS doubles, with a single drive axle. About 3 years ago a cop got hydroplaned and wiped out about a mile from my house.

In Indy Mon Aug 9, a cop killed a motorcyclist. The cop was drunk times 2. Point one eight was what the radio said. Shaug might know the particulars better than I. Another Indy cop got fired for stealing. Dumb knows no boundries. Neither does evil, uniform or riding gear.

Sniper, I think the cop is a 22 year veteran................

Mathew Quigley
post #16 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 

The Comments left scare the hell out of me! I'd sell my bike if I lived there since so many people are publicly declaring that they will intentionally cause harm/death to riders. That's like saying I'm responsible for slavery and should pay for the sins of the past that I had nothing to do with... but nobody would every do that!

post #17 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Two Wheeled Warlord

My beef comes down with the local news and the spin that's being put on. They're spreading the hate for anyone on a motorcycle despite the fact it was riders who stopped to help the Trooper.

Screw the guys who ran.

post #18 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

I was getting ready to go to the track yesterday and this story came on the local morning news. Words can't describe how disgusted I was as they described what happened.

post #19 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
My beef comes down with the local news and the spin that's being put on. They're spreading the hate for anyone on a motorcycle despite the fact it was riders who stopped to help the Trooper.

Screw the guys who ran.
This is the leftist spin-o-death media we have. But what the heck, aren't you in Canada away from all this shlep?

Mathew Quigley
post #20 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

I went to pnw.com and the news sites out there. Quite a shit storm brewing over this.

The trooper says he swerved to avoid bikers during the chase and crashed = fail.

The trooper says the chased came back to taunt. Sounds unlikely give the fact they would have had a clean getaway.

news comments and pnw posts are BRIMMING with "eye witnesses" who saw everything and say the trooper was driving slow in front of a large group of bikes, swerving and not allowing any bikes to pass. When 2 managed to get by, he gave chase and crashed. Really? The trooper was trying to run bikes off the road in front of dozens of witnesses? Sounds like BS. Also, of all these "eye witnesses" no one has video?

I did see pictures of the scene and it looks like it was mostly bikers that came to the aid of the trooper. Shame on the news for not even mentioning it.

It will be interesting to see in the next week or so what develops of this.

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #21 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 12:14 PM
Two Wheeled Warlord

True for now, but when we annex the Coast we'll have to deal with it.

Here get pissed with this guy, it's more productive.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/...hp?f=6&t=49635

Of course I"m so Canadian that when someone told me to check out Georgia Packing I was thinking "What is this, meatpacking, putting clothing in a suitcase, or what".

post #22 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Milites Gregarius

Dipshits !!!

Oh I think this is a great read this crap and try not to puke

http://www.mnsportbikeriders.com/for...howtopic=55359

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #23 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Quote:
True for now, but when we annex the Coast we'll have to deal with it.

Here get pissed with this guy, it's more productive.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/...hp?f=6&t=49635

Of course I"m so Canadian that when someone told me to check out Georgia Packing I was thinking "What is this, meatpacking, putting clothing in a suitcase, or what".
Thanks, I'm a biker so I got pissed about the other story, I'm also a 19 year soldier, so now I have to get pissed about this too!

To hell with it. Leaving for my fishing trip. Later

post #24 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Ballaholic

i feel bad for the cop in the OP, but what kinda douche tries to chase a pack of sport bikes in a police cruiser? he kinda brought it on himself (the crash that is)

post #25 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Two Wheeled Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post
Thanks, I'm a biker so I got pissed about the other story, I'm also a 19 year soldier, so now I have to get pissed about this too!

To hell with it. Leaving for my fishing trip. Later
Just remember when you get to the lake it's called fishing and not called catching for a reason!

post #26 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
i feel bad for the cop in the OP, but what kinda douche tries to chase a pack of sport bikes in a police cruiser? he kinda brought it on himself (the crash that is)
The kind of guy who is supposed to uphold the law and is paid to do so. Get it?

Mathew Quigley
post #27 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

That pisses me off. It's bad enough that the state patrol pull over just about anything for any reason around here, it's even worse that they now have a grudge against riders. F*in selective few that chooses to ruin the image for everyone.

Another step back for the motorcycling community.

post #28 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 02:17 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

the sad part about this all is the fact that we will never know a true story.
Obviously news are full of chit this day and age and I won't be surprised if cop doesn't tell the whole story.

20 years on the force is impressive but I'm sure this 20 year vet would tell a completely different story. Too bad for him he got caught on camera

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...-99589689.html

post #29 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
The kind of guy who is supposed to uphold the law and is paid to do so. Get it?
Yes, but to what end? Anyone with some intelligence (not a dig at you Bigdaa) weighs up a situation: actions vs consequences and are those potential consequences worth it in the greater scheme of things?

We should not be living in a proverbial Wild West, where its "get them at all costs", no matter how trivial the offence and dire the consequences to innocent bystanders may be.

How would you feel if some cop crashes into and kills a close friend or family member all for the sake of pursuing a few bikes that were speeding. We aren't exactly talking hunting down serial killers/rapists here, are we? Pursuers need to have some perspective and have the balls to call off a chase in some cases and not let their ego's run their actions.

In other words chasing down a serial killer/murderer/rapist, etc. etc. all good. The consequences of not apprehending him is potentially far greater than stuffing up in a police pursuit.

On the other hand having a go at a few bikers who's only/initial offence is speeding, is it really worth it? Personally I think not, especially when the pursuit reaches ridiculous speeds and the potential consequences, should the pursuit go pear shaped, no longer justifies the initial offence. In this instance speeding, which is a victimless offence in itself. This officer could have been killed in that crash. IMO, it would have been a damn shameful waste of a life for the sake of apprehending a few speeders.

post #30 of 86 Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

We'l never know the true story, I feel bad for all the riders in the area although it may weed out a few assholes...

post #31 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 05:40 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

+1 Farab
i ran with the local cops for a while (i was the dog catcher, another chapter in my life) and we got in a pursuit of a biker, i aint shittin you, it was balls out, catch him at what-ever costs for these guys. he eventually wrecked his bike, we impounded it (stolen), and (another day) caught the rider (local hood/loser). hell, just watch TrueTV, look at the lengths cops will go in the pursuit of a speeder, fucking rediculous.the original story pisses me off too, just thought i'd give another story here.

post #32 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 06:31 AM
Brain stolen again?

Guys, I never got one fucking ticket I did not earn myself. With that in mind, I'm not gonna say that every interaction with Po Po went smooth. I've run across a couple of turds in 39 years of licensed biking. However, any justification of running from the cops is just the lamest bunch of shit I've ever heard in my entire life. First, you risk your life. Second, you risk somebody else's life. Third, you are running from a fucking traffic ticket while doing one and two. The price you pay for pulling over as a responsible individual should, is a few hundred dollars. The price for getting caught is going to jail:revoked license:impounded bike:court appearance on additional charges:attorney fees:jail timeolice record:loss of employment.........did I miss anything? Oh, getting caught because you wadded it and died*PRICELESS*
Sure, everybody is a professional rider here and that gives you the edge over a police cruiser......sure thing, whatever. I hope that if you condense what I say, strip away YOUR attitude and digest facts, you'll appreciate what exactly is at stake.
The skewed logic present amongst a load of bikers is that it is a badge of courage and honor to evade the police. It's courage to pull over and take it like a man, cost or no cost. I may miss you if you pile it while running from the man, but I will not pity you.

Mathew Quigley
post #33 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Imaginifer

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I personally think everyone who flees law enforcement should be chased until they are caught. Why are you running if it is simply a speeding ticket?? The potential that the fleeing suspect is wanted for way more than the intitial speeding ticket makes it worth the risk to catch them.

post #34 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Milites Gregarius

I personally think that anyone who speeds in a staight line(I.E. freeway) is a tool.

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #35 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 07:47 AM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
I personally think that anyone who speeds in a staight line(I.E. freeway) is a tool.
Who's tool?

Mathew Quigley
post #36 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier919 View Post
...Why are you running if it is simply a speeding ticket?? The potential that the fleeing suspect is wanted for way more than the intitial speeding ticket makes it worth the risk to catch them.
Haven't you ever thought how awesome it would be to be chased and get away?...even if you have done nothing wrong but the current speeding situation? It could just be the adrenalin rush, or some some sort of proof of manhood that the runner's vehicle is faster than the chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Quote:
Who's tool?
Tool is an awesome band!!!

post #37 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Who's tool?
"YOU SAID TOOL"

But I mean seriously the only thrill for me in a straight line is wind noise and what else nothing...

The pace explains it well Nick I. puts it into perspective nicely

http://www.floribamariders.com/conte...-nick-ienatsch

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #38 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Brain stolen again?

Murph, do you advocate running or are you simply fantasizing?

Mathew Quigley
post #39 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Two Wheeled Warlord

Quote:
Murph, do you advocate running or are you simply fantasizing?
I'd rather be the predator than the prey!

post #40 of 86 Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
I'd rather be the predator than the prey!
Bold talk. Take it easy out there, bro.

Mathew Quigley

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode