Used Gear Purchase Question - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Used Gear Purchase Question

Hi All,

Not sure if I should have posted this on the off-topic section but it is sort of motorcycle related and did some of the advice of those that are wiser than I.

I ended up purchasing a once piece textile (Roadcrafter) used. When the guy sent it over, it was missing some of the armor pieces that Roadcrafter normally comes with (such as the knees) - I didn't expect back and hip armor. The ad didn't explicitly say whether or not it came with armor.

I wasn't expecting this so I asked the guy to see if he could find the armor. He acknowledged that it should have come with armor, but he couldn't find it. Since I wasn't expecting to pay for armor as well, I asked if he could help out with the cost. He has been reluctant.

Just wondering if I should press the issue or just let it drop? Not worth the hassle over 20 dollar kneepads? Any opinion is welcome. Please feel free to tell me that I'm being a dick and should just drop it.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Princeps Prior

If the suit normally comes with it.....sort of crappy it didn't mention that in the ad.....though I guess that's part of buying used.

To be honest....I usually pull the stock armor and upgrade to better armor anyway. Alpinestars sells armor individually and it's good stuff.

post #3 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks Arctic,

Yeah, I'll end up going that route. The guy was less than enthusiastic about my request. Any recommendation on a specific type of Alpinestar armor?

post #4 of 4 Old 12-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Di"zx"en

Call Aerostitch and get their pads. They will fit the pockets perfectly and you'll probably like them alot better than CE armor...I've worn and used an Aerostitch Roadcrafter 1 piece suit and a Darien setup for years. You did good......

That'll work........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode