UPDATE on TK919 in hospital - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Smile UPDATE on TK919 in hospital

Dear JP members,

TK919 (Scott) and I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of you for your care, concern and prayers. Your messages and e-mails have been such an encouragement and blessing to him (and to me and our 6 children too!!!)

I am posting below, an e-mail that I have sent to all of our family and friends to update you all on Scott's prognosis. He's in ALOT of PAIN......but he WILL get through this.

Keep him in your prayers PLEASE. I will update when I can, but it is best to check our myspace page and my friends are making a website to post updates and photos.

GOD BLESS!!

Cheryl Sample (Scott's wife)
PSALM 103
><>

Scott and Family UPDATE (9-5-07)
Current mood: thankful

Dear Family and Friends,

Hospital Photos posted (look under our myspace pics OR watch the slideshows on our myspace page)

I will keep UPDATES on Scott coming !!! Keep checking in, OK......Thanks!!

http://www.myspace.com/cheryl_psalm139

WE LOVE AND APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU!!!!

THANK YOU for all of your PRAYERS, CALLS, VISITS, E-MAILS, CARDS, OFFERS to help, FINANCIAL BLESSINGS, etc!!!

THE LOVE you all have poured out upon our family is quite OVERWHELMING....God sure has done and will do MANY MIRACLES in this whole situation and HE WILL get us through!!

It is through the kindness, compassion and generosity of all of our family, friends and even people who have never even met our family.........WE LOVE and APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

We wish we had time and opportunity to personally THANK YOU and give each and every single one of you a BIG HUG!!!!

A few friends have set up a Trust Fund account to help us to pay our medical bills, mortgage, electric, phone, grocery bills, gas, etc.....We do NOT have insurance and Scott was the only provider for our family and I am going to college to get my degree as an RN (registered nurse).

He will be at Lawnwood anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks and then to Rehab for Physical Therapy for 1 to 3 months!!!! That is a LONG time to be away from his family. When he is finally strong enough to come home, he will have a physical therapist come to the house for a few weeks or so, then he will go to outpatient Physical Therapy for up to a year.

As of now, he is in EXCRUCIATING PAIN!!! He said he would NOT wish this upon ANYONE!!!!! Scott and I have been together for 16 years (married for almost 15 years....our 15 year anniversary is on November 14th) and I have seen him cry over the years, but he is in soooooooooo much pain that he cries on and off during the day. Yesterday he was crying SOOOOO hard that his body was shaking. I couldn't do anything but pray and cry. It was heart-breaking to see my husband in so much pain.

He is to be totally NON-weight bearing on his right shoulder (fractured) and his right hip, leg and pelvis(as not to damage the 3 places pinned in his pelvic bone and the 4 screws in the top of his femur bone that was put back together and the other fractures in his pelvis).

He must be like that for 3 months to allow the bones to heal before ANY weight can be put on it. IF he damages it, the orthopedic surgeon said he would have to REDO the surgery and do replacement surgery (and we do NOT want to go through that!!!!).......so that is why recovery time will be sooooooo LONG and HARD.
Scott is a plasterer/stucco worker by trade (for the past 10+ years).....but after this accident, the doctors said he will NOT be able to do that kind of work ever again. Scott DOES know ALOT about computers, so maybe there is some kind of career training he can get while he is recovering over the next year.....we'll see!!!!

I am currently attending Indian River Community College (IRCC) to get my degree as an RN (registered nurse). I LOVE going to college!!!! I started in May, and have taken 2 classes so far and have gotten A's in BOTH classes!! I just started taking 2 more classes this fall semester (I was in class when the IRCC security guard came in class to inform me of Scott's motorcycle accident). I am only taking 2 classes right now because Scott was working during the day, and I'm going to school at night and homeschooling our 6 children during the day. I want to take 4 classes in January to speed up my finishing up getting my RN degree.

I have a few pre-requisite classes before entering the actual nursing program. It will take me approximately 2 1/2 to 3 years to get my degree. When I do finish school and start working, I will be able to start out making almost $20,000 MORE than Scott was making as a plasterer/stucco worker. WOW!!!!

I was a waitress years ago, and I have no other skills to get a job to make as much as Scott was making as a plasterer. Even if I worked FULL time, I could NOT make as much as Scott's been making. I have been a stay at home mommy for 9 years now, raising my children and homeschooling them. What an incredible blessing that has been. Our family is close and loving because of the nurturing and quality time we have been able to invest in one another.

I am continuing to take my 2 classes this semester, and trusting in the Lord to help us make it through. I am willing to get a job if I have to, I want my family to be provided for and cared for. We are in such a predicament right now that it is really a walk of FAITH. The Lord has not brought me and Scott through the last 16 years to let us down, God would NEVER let us down. He has provided for us (even supernaturally at times) that I am believing for a MIRACLE and to see the goodness of the Lord in this trial.

A couple dear friends are setting up a website with photos, updates, and a link to pay-pal that people who want to make a financial contribution can do so directly into the Trust Fund set up for our family.

I will update you and give you the website address and info SOON!!

There will be a financial overseer over the Trust account so that people who give financially can know that there is accountability and their money will be going towards our bills. (We ARE honest, but this is so that there is accountability and peace of mind for all.)

Scott's parents are babysitting our 5 oldest children (THANK YOU BUDDY and TRULA........YOU ARE THE BEST In-Law's EVER!!!!) I have baby Thomas with me, as I stay at the hospital from 8 am till 10 pm to take care of Scott, massage him, do leg exercises with him, bathe him, shave him, help him brush his teeth, and help him go to the bathroom. (he calls me his "Bed Pan Girl" ha ha ha ha ha)

I have to tell you that this whole bad situation, has drawn us closer to the Lord in ways that we could have never imagined and this has brought us even closer and has made our love deepen for each other which may have never come about I believe if we hadn't been going through this.

Scott is almost completely dependent for almost everything.......even the simple tasks we all take for granted such as: going to the bathroom, sitting, standing, walking, bathing, getting dressed. He said that he has been humbled and is appreciative for ALL that I have to do for him (and for what the nurses, doctors, therapists, etc)

He is working hard and is DETERMINED to get home as fast as possible. He will not overdo it, but he is doing all that he can do to get better fast.

God has strengthened me and given me such a DEEP LOVE, COMPASSION and INTIMACY with Scott. I would NOT want to be married to ANYONE in the world BUT HIM!!! I am a truly a BLESSED woman. I have a special husband and 6 precious children........I am eternally grateful.

I will update as much as I can, and I apologize to all of you in advance if I am unable to reply to comments, e-mails and messages.....my time online is VERY limited now. I hope you all understand.

I will be updating photos and blogging on my myspace and also on the website that my friends are setting up. This will be our way of communication for now. So, PLEASE check in often, and keep in touch!!

If you have our home or cell phone number........give us a call..........we LOVE to hear from you!!!!! (sorry, I'm not posting our numbers online due to safety reasons......if you would like our numbers, e-mail me privately at: [email protected] )

PLEASE FORWARD this to your family and friends and ask them to pray for Scott, me and our children. That is what will see us through this life changing situation.

PRAY for healing, strength, peace, good doctors, nurses and therapists, new carreer training for Scott as Scott is healing, finances, encouragement, and patience.

Talk with you all soon!!!!!

I have tried to put into words through this e-mail our appreciation to all of you, but Words CANNOT express our gratitude.......We have NEVER cried soooooooooooo much in our lives and have never experienced such unconditional LOVE and COMPASSION

MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU.......AND MAY HE SHINE HIS FACE UPON YOU........

TRUSTING IN JESUS,
THE SAMPLE FAMILY in Fort Pierce FLORIDA
Scott, Cheryl, Brandon(14), Jordan(9), Joshua(6), John(4), Hannah(2), and baby Thomas Elijah
Psalm 103

www.myspace.com/cheryl_psalm139

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 04:50 AM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Thank you for the update, Scott, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, your faith is in the right place. Keep your chin up, good luck at college and give Scott our best as he heals!

"He was a wise man who invented Beer"--Plato
post #3 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 05:16 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Keep the faith, you guys will get through this. Tell Scott all of us over here are thinking about him.

post #4 of 12 Old 09-05-2007, 06:29 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

I called the hospital and spoke to Scott. He seems to be doing well, given the curcumstances.

Here's in room # 412 at Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
1700 S. 23rd Street
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Telephone: (772) 461-4000

post #5 of 12 Old 09-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 

Yo, I've been thinking a lot about Scott, Cheryl, and his family. I'm going to do the footwork of sending them a package with some things from their WT buds, show support, etc. I'd like to get one or two things for each of his kids, and a few things for Scott (in the hospital), and Cheryl. I'm going to get stuff together this weekend probably, and ship it out next week. If anyone wants to contribute, or give me ideas (I'm not always the best with figuring out what kids may like these days, or women for that matter), feel free to PM me and I can give you PayPal info for a contribution, or PM your ideas to me. Any surplus money contributed that doesn't get spent on small gifts will be sent to them. Not trying to make a huge deal out of this, but sometimes its the little things that mean a lot to people, and I'd love to help make their family's day a bit better...

post #6 of 12 Old 09-08-2007, 10:31 AM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

?

I guess I looked in the wrong place to see what actually happened to Scot? Could someone update please? Thanks Dickey

[
post #7 of 12 Old 09-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

His wife has posted updates in multiple threads so it is difficult to keep track if this.

Cheryl, if you read this please keep Scott's updates in this thread so that we can all keep track of what's going on. Otherwise people get confused and don't know what the whole story is.

Here's the other posts:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8314
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8345

His name is Scott and he is here, if you want to wish him well call him and give him some encouragement. The hospital he's at and his rm. # is in one of the previous posts.

post #8 of 12 Old 09-09-2007, 07:56 PM
red dirt girl

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration BOTM Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Thanks cmelnick for putting something together for the family. It sounds like they are in for a rough time.
I'm in.

post #9 of 12 Old 09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelnick View Post
Yo, I've been thinking a lot about Scott, Cheryl, and his family. I'm going to do the footwork of sending them a package with some things from their WT buds, show support, etc. I'd like to get one or two things for each of his kids, and a few things for Scott (in the hospital), and Cheryl. I'm going to get stuff together this weekend probably, and ship it out next week. If anyone wants to contribute, or give me ideas (I'm not always the best with figuring out what kids may like these days, or women for that matter), feel free to PM me and I can give you PayPal info for a contribution, or PM your ideas to me. Any surplus money contributed that doesn't get spent on small gifts will be sent to them. Not trying to make a huge deal out of this, but sometimes its the little things that mean a lot to people, and I'd love to help make their family's day a bit better...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Thanks cmelnick for putting something together for the family. It sounds like they are in for a rough time.
I'm in.

Thanks a lot Kristen! Looking forward to helping them out, even if it is just a little bit. If we could get some more people to help out that would be awesome. Even if you only can help out a little, it will help. My PayPal e-mail address is the same as my WT login (cmelnick), at gmail.com.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #10 of 12 Old 09-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

I'm in too. Let me know what you need.

post #11 of 12 Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by async View Post
I'm in too. Let me know what you need.
I think the easiest thing would be to send $ via PayPal, then I can do the footwork of picking up a few things for them or just sending them a lump sum. I'm not going to run of to tahiti or anything w/ the cash people donate. If you're not comfortable with that or whatever, you could send something to me via Amazon or whatever, and I can put it all in one package, address it from all of us at WT, and ship it out. PM me if you need my address or anything. Speaking of WT, I should order a WT sticker or something to throw in the package.

Also, if you have ideas about what to send, opinion of gift vs. cash, let me know.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #12 of 12 Old 09-29-2007, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=8688

Here just so this was in some sort of order.... :P

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode