Update on My GSXR 1000K7 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Update on My GSXR 1000K7

OK here are some updated pics of my 1000. Wheels are Marchesinis, I forgot to take a pic of my new rearsets, since they are black they are hard to see but they are the new Gilles Rearsets, they have Carbon Fiber heal guards and for adjusting you only have to loosen one bolt and the set can be moved, here is the link for them but mine are all black..

http://www.gillestooling.com/produkt...ation_engl.pdf

Had to a do a new Sprocket for the new wheels so we went with the black Vortex and we went up 2 teeth in the back

The passenger pegs are now black also,, they are crinckle powder coated to match the frame ( we have a great PC guy here)

And my GP pipes will be back from the shop Monday we got them ceramic coated black

CRG black levers should be in on Monday

Dark Smoke Puig screen as well but that might go back I am not to happy with the fit and finish of that product.

As you can see all we are waiting on is the wonderful company Suzuki to get my plastics here... enjoy the pics

And for you naked bike lovers...you will like the one pic...she is naked!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Lookin' good papa. Nice selection of aftermarket 'goodies.' Any idea the weight savings is on those Marchesinis?

post #3 of 14 Old 11-18-2007, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much...I am ready to get her back and Ride!! nice cool weathe rnow and my 2 Rossi helmets came on Friday so I am ready to go! (hooray state farm! )

post #4 of 14 Old 11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

So if you're putting all these aftermarket parts on, when do you plan on taking it on the track?

post #5 of 14 Old 11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Hastatus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyChick View Post
So if you're putting all these aftermarket parts on, when do you plan on taking it on the track?
hahah, she has a point.

+ $5

post #6 of 14 Old 11-27-2007, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Soon as I can get sometime there Sporty I will go..care to do my job for a weekend so I can go I am working on time to go I have plenty of friends who go so I will have to hitch a ride with them since I have no way to get the bike there...
My bike would be done by now if Suzuki would send my freakin parts!! going on 10 days now and all they can say is that they were shipped...good lord!!

post #7 of 14 Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papapump51 View Post
Soon as I can get sometime there Sporty I will go..care to do my job for a weekend so I can go I am working on time to go I have plenty of friends who go so I will have to hitch a ride with them since I have no way to get the bike there...
Uh not really but obviously it's paying you well if you can afford the parts you're getting! Marchesinis and Gilles aren't cheap! Maybe you should get yourself a used truck for your bikes that way you can get yourself back and forth to the track.

Love what you're doing to the bike, make sure to post pics after it's all done!

post #8 of 14 Old 11-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
The passenger pegs are now black also,, they are crinckle powder coated to match the frame ( we have a great PC guy here)
Given your awesome race bike I'd remove the passenger peg hangers. Raised pegs on race bikes with elevated passenger launchers are nuts to use. After all your upgrade $, I doubt there's budget for extra leathers. I look forward to your track day report!

post #9 of 14 Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 PM
NC Sasquatch

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Those wheel look great on that bike.

They'd look really good on a 01 RC

post #10 of 14 Old 11-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

When I mounted up my PVM 10-spoke wheels on my RR, it was like adding at least 15 more horsepower and the already great braking got vastly improved as well. Wheels are expensive but I'd say they are probably offer the single BEST overall performance gains you can get for a bike. ----Papa, if you haven't ridden your bike with the new hoops yet. . .be ready for a BIG surprise. HOLD ON TIGHTER to that big gixxer!!!

post #11 of 14 Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 AM Thread Starter

Sporty about the truck I have thought about it but also might be less expensive for me to get a enclosed trailer, I have a car I can alway put a hidden trailer hitch on so that might be easier...As far as my job ...well it is in healthcare and all I do is deal with people,hospitals and contracts all day.

DREAM...The Mrs was on the back hence why the pass pegs are on...I take them off when I ride, they are only on when she is on there, I just wanted them black so when she is on there it looks sharp or If I am to lazy to take them off to go riding they blend nice...

TAR - I have an 03 RC51 and I have Gold Marvics on it...everyone thought I should do silver but I had a feeling to get the gold and I did and it turned out awesome!!

I will post pics for sure...Right now we are waiting on stupid Suzuki to ship plastics! All my stuff from germany and Italy makes here no worries but of course the parts coming from the US are slow as ballz!! I am ready to ride though that is for sure! I got my new boots and Leathers are in the works...

I am going to post pics when she is done, I am going to take some nice snap shots of my RC and the GSXR together

post #12 of 14 Old 12-01-2007, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

OK well today is suppose to be the day...Talked to my buddy lastnight and he had the Ceramic Coater fix my exhaust guess there was a blem in it that my buddy was not happy with..and he knows how crazy I am when it comes to my scooters.... So suppose to get her today and if I do I will ride some then I am going to shoot some pics with her and the RC so she does no tfeel left out...

post #13 of 14 Old 12-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
OK well today is suppose to be the day...Talked to my buddy lastnight and he had the Ceramic Coater fix my exhaust guess there was a blem in it that my buddy was not happy with..and he knows how crazy I am when it comes to my scooters.... So suppose to get her today and if I do I will ride some then I am going to shoot some pics with her and the RC so she does no tfeel left out...
It's one beautiful machine Papa, glad you got her fixed up...enjoy and watch that gravel...

post #14 of 14 Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

That's a sweet gixxer you've got there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode