Sun in the eyes, what do you do? - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By K1w1Boy

post #1 of 7 Old 07-01-2017, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Sun in the eyes, what do you do?

I almost always ride with a full face helmet, face hugger sunglasses and open clear shield. The shield can come down as needed and the sunglasses can be removed as needed.

When the sun is high enough, I can simply tilt the head so that the brim of the helmet shades the eyes, but sometimes the sun is high enough to get directly into your eyes, but low enough that you can't tilt the head down.

Years ago, someone said have a removable "stick on" type window tint or some kind of tape. This is ok, IF the sun is at certain points, but not always, but here's the real problem. I don't like the shield down, I need that air on the face for cooling.

Q. what do you do to help with the sun in your eyes, esp when it's "right there".

I know if at certain spots, there's nothing you can do, but even if you can get it blocked where you can make out where the cars are, can help.

I'm thinking something solid on the top of the sunglasses.

What do you do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-01-2017, 08:04 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

I use the good ole fashioned safety squints. Maybe you should try better sun glasses

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

post #3 of 7 Old 07-01-2017, 12:56 PM
The Cripple

Get better uv rated sun glasses that are also darker.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-01-2017, 03:02 PM
919 Rider

I personally have a tinted visor. I also prefer to use polarizing sunglasses. I have mate's that use black tape strip, either at the bottom or top of visor. One guy uses a duck bill visor, like on a dirt bike helmet. There are some commercial sun visor's on the market.

post #5 of 7 Old 07-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Left of Centre

Because of my advanced age and my need to wear spectacles, I buy LS2 helmets that have a drop-down sunvisor built in, plus I put black tape across the top of my clear visor just above the sight line, to give me a bit more shade when I need it. I don't mind giving up the wind in my face in exchange for being able to see where I'm going...
badmoon692008 likes this.

post #6 of 7 Old 07-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Aquilifer

I call my approach the three pronged approach on defeating bright sun, but I seldom have to go Nuclear. First I usually have a smoked shield on my helmet. I ride a Vstrom normally with tail box so I also have a clear in the box in case I am out past dark or if it gets really dark during the day. (It's also my go-to for rain riding because it seems to handle anti-fogging better than the smoke one). Along with that I have a helmet that has a drop down sun visor, and then once in a great while when the sun aligns against me and is too bright I will throw on the shades, drop the shield and the visor, and go ride....

Rob C

88 Blue Hawk (NT650) Project Pics - http://tinyurl.com/clw8h3q
2000 DL650 - Being ridden but make me an offer if interested...
2002 DL1000 V-Strom
post #7 of 7 Old 07-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Milites Gregarius

I also have to wear glasses and so a drop down visor typically does the trick for me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode