STOLEN! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
The Cripple

STOLEN!

hey guys, my roommate's red 2007 ninja 650r was stolen from our carport apt complex sometime between 11 am sat morning and 1 am monday morning. none of the neighbors saw anything and there's no indication of anything that happened. bike was locked when it was parked via the steering stem lock and a rear disk brake lock.

this shit sucks... never had a problem in the 3 years we've lived here and no one's had a problem over all. we live in a very low crime rate area. i suspect someone had scoped the place and knew when i wasnt home as my bike is parked next to his with our cars parked in open spots... anyways, filed a police report and a claim to the ins. hopefully they do right to him. we'll see.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

well, that's sh!##y news!

Sorry to hear it man, hope they find the bad guys & string 'em up by their nuts.

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
post #3 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 11:40 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

That's no bueno, PV...Sorry to hear it, I hope your roomie either gets it back or gets a good replacement!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"

post #4 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

That totally sucks!

a few guys and a mini van could have just lifted the bike in a matter of 30 seconds or so.

Check these out. Just skip the first 2 or 3 minutes of the last one.

[youtube]bMVtKYBt5Q0[/youtube]
[youtube]0aSVMu9Xb2A[/youtube]
[youtube]D96QM-lzLM8[/youtube]

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #5 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
a few guys and a mini van could have just lifted the bike in a matter of 30 seconds or so.
That's what I was thinking too... Back when I lived in NJ a neighbor had two nice Suzuki's sitting out front of their townhouse and three guys pulled a van up and threw both bikes in the back and were gone quick. Another neighbor saw it happen and called the police - who eventually found the van driving towards Newark. The guys tried to outrun the cops, bailed and got caught. The bikes were all banged up from bouncing around in the van during the chase...

post #6 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

That f*in sucks PV. Hope they catch the bastards and your roommates insurance does him right. Maybe post something on CL under motorcycles to have people keep an eye for parts showing up. Or just browse for the next couple of months. Check under E-bay also.

30 seconds to lift the bike into that van on that last vid is ridiculous.

Thankfully we have security cameras in front of the shop I work at. Having the bike parked right in front of it hopefully makes thieves think twice. A Xena Disc alarm wouldn't be a bad policy either. It ain't bullet-proof, but it's an extra line of defense.

post #7 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I would post the VIN # on craigslist too, and of course look at all of the adds too. When my buddy's R6 was stolen, it was taken from in between our two pickups and his back tire was touching my front tire. It took the post MP's 45 days to file the report too, which caused a big stink with the insurance folks... they're supposed to report it to the national database w/in 48 hrs... Different story - anyway, the MP that took the report said it happens a lot and they just lift the front and rear tires with a 2x4 and walk away with it. What really upset me was that they wouldn't take any fingerprints off my bike, which had several very clear palm prints on the tank and front fender.

I guess there's no demand for 919's in the used/stolen parts market. I figure they just wanted the engine/tranny to put into a clean frame.

I wish social justice meant what I think it should...

post #8 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
That f*in sucks PV. Hope they catch the bastards and your roommates insurance does him right. Maybe post something on CL under motorcycles to have people keep an eye for parts showing up. Or just browse for the next couple of months. Check under E-bay also.
good point about CL. i'll post that up immediately!

post #9 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Make sure yours is secure.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #10 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 02:08 PM
yzarc mi os

I hate thieves.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
post #11 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Make sure yours is secure.
Not trying to derail this thread, it REALY sucks when we hear someone's bike gets stolen, I've been thinking about some kind of security, what works and what doesn't? I'm thinking I need something for when my 9er wil be parked mostly during a meal, eventually overnight at a motel.

post #12 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

2 things I totally hate is Liers and Thieves.

When I was stationed in the Philippines, BEFORE they built the great wall of Clark, a friend had his bike stolen at HIGH Noon while he ate lunch at the NCO Club, noone saw a thing, but someone saw a motorcycle going off base at the end of the runway where the Fence had already been stolen MANY times.

Another guy had a V-Max and came home for lunch, he lived off base and while inside he heard a noise and stepped outside to see three philipinos loading his V-Max into a jeepney, one guy comes to him, puts a gun in his face, the guys finish loading the bike and the guys leave.......A country where Guns are illegal.

Just another couple of stories where it just does not matter, if someone wants it bad enough, they will steal it.

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #13 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMountaintop View Post
Just another couple of stories where it just does not matter, if someone wants it bad enough, they will steal it.
right you are. my roommate had a disk lock on the rear tire as well as the front steering locked and it still got taken... if either one of us tracks this f*cker down, baseball bats will be making their debute!

post #14 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Thieves need to be shot, imho...in a perfect world. Can't stand em.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #15 of 22 Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
I totally agree, I think I would rather crash and destroy my bike then get it stolen

post #16 of 22 Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:

+1, in some states it's legal to shoot thieves

post #17 of 22 Old 05-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Milites Gregarius

I agree with Shadow, Mr T81 and rmb. Hope they get what they deserve.

I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!
post #18 of 22 Old 05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Quote:

I was just thinking that myself. The walther P22 can be had with a threaded barrel and a firearms stamp to allow the purchase of silencers is only a couple hundred bucks. Imagine the fun of putting a .22 slug into the leg of the guy in the first video as he's breaking the steering lock. He'd never hear it and whose he gonna call? I got shot stealing something? That would be priceless.

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #19 of 22 Old 05-18-2010, 10:39 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post
I was just thinking that myself. The walther P22 can be had with a threaded barrel and a firearms stamp to allow the purchase of silencers is only a couple hundred bucks. Imagine the fun of putting a .22 slug into the leg of the guy in the first video as he's breaking the steering lock. He'd never hear it and whose he gonna call? I got shot stealing something? That would be priceless.
Sad part is he'd call his lawyer, and probably win. That's how screwed up times are now.

Where's that article about the guy who got his arms blown off trying to steal live copper cabling from the sub station that won a lawsuit?

post #20 of 22 Old 05-18-2010, 12:01 PM
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Hot Air Copper thief gets business end of 69,000 volts

Copper thief shocked to death by 69,000 volts | khou.com | KHOU.com Home Page

Copper Thief Falls Through Ceiling at Phoenix Elementary School; Said to Have "Life-Threatening Injuries" - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

Wow, I just put the first three that came up here, but they're all over, arizona, georgia, new york, california... I couldn't find the one about the arms blowing off... That might be fun to read.

Stupid thieves... then to try and sue (and win)... like how we had to post a "beware of dog" sign because some thief sued a lady a few blocks over when I was growing up because her dog attacked him when he jumped over her fence and broke into her garage. The dog had to be put down and she had to pay his medical bills. Apparently he wasn't properly warned of the potential consequences of his actions *(I know I won't be able to find that story, I was about 10 years old and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet - but I delivered newspapers and remember reading it as I folded them).

post #21 of 22 Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjayp View Post
Hot Air Copper thief gets business end of 69,000 volts

Copper thief shocked to death by 69,000 volts | khou.com | KHOU.com Home Page

Copper Thief Falls Through Ceiling at Phoenix Elementary School; Said to Have "Life-Threatening Injuries" - Phoenix News - Valley Fever

Wow, I just put the first three that came up here, but they're all over, arizona, georgia, new york, california... I couldn't find the one about the arms blowing off... That might be fun to read.

Stupid thieves... then to try and sue (and win)... like how we had to post a "beware of dog" sign because some thief sued a lady a few blocks over when I was growing up because her dog attacked him when he jumped over her fence and broke into her garage. The dog had to be put down and she had to pay his medical bills. Apparently he wasn't properly warned of the potential consequences of his actions *(I know I won't be able to find that story, I was about 10 years old and Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet - but I delivered newspapers and remember reading it as I folded them).
His arms may not have been blown off but the story I heard was he lost his arms and sued. I did find a guy who lived but lost both arms and legs. He did sue. He was just happy to be alive. Maybe the lawsuit is a myth. I sure hope so.

post #22 of 22 Old 05-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjayp View Post
this is the actual beware of dog sign on my front door..... i made it at work.... i have 2 100 pound rottweilers.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode