Rotella T6 & Purilator Pure One.... - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 03-09-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Rotella T6 & Purilator Pure One....

Anyone wanna send me some?

T6 is $40/gallon up here

And Pure One filters aren't available in Kanuckistan

I would love to get my hands on 4 gallons and a case of filters. My only concern is shipping costs.

Wallybanger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 03-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
Anyone wanna send me some?

T6 is $40/gallon up here

And Pure One filters aren't available in Kanuckistan

I would love to get my hands on 4 gallons and a case of filters. My only concern is shipping costs.
WTF ur tellin me its over 2x the price for the full syn up there in canada!

i get my 15w 40 rotella t for 12 bucks... or full syn for 19!

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 03-09-2011, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
WTF ur tellin me its over 2x the price for the full syn up there in canada!

i get my 15w 40 rotella t for 12 bucks... or full syn for 19!
...That is what I'm telling you.

Shell Rotella T Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil, 5W40 | Canadian Tire

37.99 + 12% HST = $42.55

We get absolutely screwed up here.... which is why I'm willing to bet that even after shipping, 4gal of T6 would be WAY cheaper from the US..... and that's not even mentioning that we can't get Pure One filters up here.

Wallybanger is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 03-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Dead Wrong
 
Effe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 383
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Man... I pay 110$ for 4 liters which is around 1.05 US Gallons of Motul Oil and 25$ for Genuine Honda Oil Filter. Shite is expensive in this side of the globe.

Effe is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Discen
 
Blue919Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 1
 
Wallybanger; do you have a Kenworth truck repair center near you? They stock the 5L jugs of Rotella t6 for $32. If you want a case shipped to you I will help you out

Blue919Guy is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 05:58 AM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,924
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue919Guy View Post
Wallybanger; do you have a Kenworth truck repair center near you? They stock the 5L jugs of Rotella t6 for $32. If you want a case shipped to you I will help you out
I'm checking into the 18.9 litre pails of T6 to see what they go for.
Hopefully next week, due to business travel at present.

mcromo44 is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Discen
 
Blue919Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
I'm checking into the 18.9 litre pails of T6 to see what they go for.
Hopefully next week, due to business travel at present.

When I was there I asked about a pail, the fellow said he could not source one. I did get a pail of Shell synth 80w90 gear oil for my Subaru diffs... $190. Saved me about 50% over the stealership

Blue919Guy is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
lusting over something...
 
james_kraska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 585
Rep Power: 1
 
I know shipping with have to be with a courrier and you'll have to pay hazmat charges and brokerage fees... see bigdaa's thread about powder....

james_kraska is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Effe View Post
Man... I pay 110$ for 4 liters which is around 1.05 US Gallons of Motul Oil and 25$ for Genuine Honda Oil Filter. Shite is expensive in this side of the globe.
Yeah man, Europe seems like the only place on earth with crazier prices than Kanada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue919Guy View Post
Wallybanger; do you have a Kenworth truck repair center near you? They stock the 5L jugs of Rotella t6 for $32. If you want a case shipped to you I will help you out
.....Probably..... that's not a horrible Idea you have there. I appreciate the offer but if you shipped it I bet shipping would cost me $10/gal so it would kinda negate the purpose (and probably waste you time, which I don't wanna do). Thanks for the idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
I'm checking into the 18.9 litre pails of T6 to see what they go for.
Hopefully next week, due to business travel at present.
Sweet... you gonna try to source it from the US or here in Kanuckistan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_kraska View Post
I know shipping with have to be with a courrier and you'll have to pay hazmat charges and brokerage fees... see bigdaa's thread about powder....
Yeah. Figured that may be the case but I don't know if oil constitutes dangerous goods or not.

Wallybanger is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Seņor Calamares
 
applespeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 513
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Wally did you try TSC Stores ?

applespeed is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
i know u cant ship it via usps as it falls under the catagory of "liquid fragile or perishable"

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
I shouted the 9er a fully synth oil change at Christmas as it had been a good bike.

Spectro Full Synthetic (American oil) NZ$105 after my discount. Amsoil was $129! Factory filters I have been ordering in bulk from the states as they are $28 here.

A Honda air filter is NZ$85, I landed 3 filters and the same air filter ex USA including post for a fraction dearer.

Oh and I am very happy with the Spectro - and just as well!

AllanB is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
I shouted the 9er a fully synth oil change at Christmas as it had been a good bike.

Spectro Full Synthetic (American oil) NZ$105 after my discount. Amsoil was $129! Factory filters I have been ordering in bulk from the states as they are $28 here.

A Honda air filter is NZ$85, I landed 3 filters and the same air filter ex USA including post for a fraction dearer.

Oh and I am very happy with the Spectro - and just as well!


i can get my oem filter for like 10 bucks... or an even better IMO hiflo for 7.50!!!!

oil filter that is.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Tirone
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 34
Rep Power: 1
 
I know UPS to Canada has a MINIMUM $40 brokerage fee from my work (for completely harmless plumbing supplies) and they hold whatever is shipped hostage until it's paid (wont even send it BACK to us if the cust doesn't want to pay, whatever happened to NAFTA?)

MaxwellEdison is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 03-11-2011, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by applespeed View Post
Wally did you try TSC Stores ?
that's a good idea dude but I think TSC is an Ontario only chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison View Post
I know UPS to Canada has a MINIMUM $40 brokerage fee from my work (for completely harmless plumbing supplies) and they hold whatever is shipped hostage until it's paid (wont even send it BACK to us if the cust doesn't want to pay, whatever happened to NAFTA?)
Oh, UPS are the greasiest bastards on the face of the planet. I won't even buy a product if it's going to be shipped UPS.

Wallybanger is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 03-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post


i can get my oem filter for like 10 bucks... or an even better IMO hiflo for 7.50!!!!

oil filter that is.
Yeah - the cost of factory parts here is stupid. I priced some parts last year and some bits were 6 times dearer in NZ than purchasing from the States (even allowing for the exchange rate). Madness and although I'd like to support my local shop I am not prepared to be royally rogered during the process.
I suspect the NZ Importers are the ones making most of the money and the poor old dealer wears the flack.

AllanB is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome