Ohlins overlooks the 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Ohlins overlooks the 919

WTF you can make a shock for the suzuki gladis but not the 919

ohlins lite affordable high performance shock

When you mention the name Öhlins, people often think really nice suspension components but a wee bit expensive, a shock can set you back about $1400, maybe more. In this economy, when motorcycles aren't flying off the showroom floor, it goes without saying that high end components may be moving a little slower, too.

It looks like the folks over at Öhlins understand and came up with their Öhlins Lite Shock, a street oriented shock without a remote reservoir or knob preload adjuster, but still fully adjustable and built to Öhlins standards in every other way. High performance, fewer dollars, these days, that sounds like a pretty good idea.
Press release follows:
Öhlins USA is thrilled to now offer the heralded Öhlins high performance at an unheard of low price, with its new line of Öhlins Lite Shocks. These units are designed to fulfill the suspension needs of street riders caught between concerns of performance and price.
Designed and manufactured with the same materials, tolerances and high-performance parameters of all Öhlins suspension components, each Öhlins Lite Shock comes with a handy rebound adjustment wheel at the shock’s bottom, and the classic two-wrench preload adjusting system. Slim and trim, without a piggyback or remote reservoir as required for high-end or racetrack applications, the Öhlins Lite Shock provides exclusive Öhlins performance for just $617.00 MSRP. As a cost savings, the Lite shocks are without Öhlins trendsetting, knob-style, hydraulic preload adjuster.
Fitments for the Öhlins Lite Shocks include motorcycle models from seven manufacturers: BMW F650GS, F800GS/R/ST, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1200GS/Short/Adventure, R1150R, R1150RS, and R1200RT; the full range of Ducati Monster from 600 to 1000/S4; Honda VRF800FI; Kawasaki ER6/ER6 Low, Versys, Z750, Z1000; Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, DL1000 V-Strom, GSF 1200/1250 Bandit, SFV650 Gladius, SV650; Triumph Tiger 1050; Yamaha FZ1, FZ8.
To order an Öhlins Lite Shock, or for more information, please contact Öhlins USA or your local Öhlins certified dealer or service center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Brain stolen again?

gladis??????

that sounds like a secretive gland!

“I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #3 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Princeps Prior

..... for $600 dollars, The Penske rear is an amazing deal. I'm absolutley loving mine.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Optio

Garage
They did make a Ohlins rear shock for the 919 that doesn't have a remote reservoir or remote preload. It's the one I have on my bike. Model HO322.

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
post #5 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Bacon-powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
gladis??????

that sounds like a secretive gland!
Snicker..or a character from Bewitched.

Gladius - Ancient roman short sword.

Preschool - Kawasaki 100 enduro
Grade School - Honda CB 125
High School - Honda 400 Hawk
College - Honda VT500 Ascot
Real life - Honda 919
post #6 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedave View Post
They did make a Ohlins rear shock for the 919 that doesn't have a remote reservoir or remote preload. It's the one I have on my bike. Model HO322.

That model has been discontinued and sold out world wide.

The valving specs are identical to the HO201, but the HO322 lacks the extra oil volume that the hose mounted reservoir on the 201 has as well as the ability to adjust compression and of course the remote hydraulic preload adjuster.

post #7 of 7 Old 02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Pilus Posterior

A darn good move too by the big O - unless they are compromising quality .....

As for offering them for the 9er - is has been out of production for a couple of years now so it is understandable that they have not listed it.

I looked at the 'cheaper' model for the 919 when mine was new in 07 (still a few listed then) I think they were around the 700 mark. Being a new bike I did not bother .......... bugger!

The Ohlins dealer in New Zealand can build me up a 'basic' shock (no remote etc) - however the price is the same as LDH shipping me over a top line fancy pants one! No contest really.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode