No Ethanol Gas Stations List - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

No Ethanol Gas Stations List

Interesting site to share.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

Sadly, none are in the Garden State.

Doc

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Hmmm, something is fishy. There are listing for MN.

MN mandated 10% years ago. 20% is currently being reviewed. If it passes and your motors break the State says tough, and the manufacturers will say you shouldn't have run 20%.

All this for a fuel that accomplishes exactly nothing for the environment.

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #3 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM
lusting over something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post

MN mandated 10% years ago. 20% is currently being reviewed. If it passes and your motors break the State says tough, and the manufacturers will say you shouldn't have run 20%.

Except cause commodity prices to rise....

post #4 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Tesserarius

Quote:

If you look at the list it is mostly premium that is ethanol free. Thats how it is here ia IA too. You can get 87 and 91 ethanol free and 89 always has ethanol. I'm tempted to try running the 10% blend and see if it affects the stink at all

Don't steal. The government hates competition.
post #5 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Carp Killer

didn't know ethanol was bad for the engine! I'll have to keep an eye out. thanks

post #6 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

In WI most premium is ethanol free. MN is different. State law dictates that everything is E10. TPaw signed a bill in 2005 that all MN gas had to be E20 within 8 years. It's still at the EPA as far as I know. For now we have to suffer with E10.

I don't say suffer lightly. My push and riding mower, boat and string trimmer run like SHIT on this stuff. The car and bike seem ok but my boat....that's another story. In WI, it runs like a top. Not even a hiccup. Run E10 through the poor thing and it has trouble starting and won't idle. It has nearly stranded us several times. It starts on fast idle, but by the time I move the throttle from fast idle (N) to idle then get it in gear to go, it quits. E20 is going to be the end of it.

Wally, too much is bad for some motors. Flex-Fuel engines can run on E85 or real gas. A non Flex-Fuel car can run on E10 but may have mileage and performance issues. Small motors like on a boat or mower are affected to a larger degree. The EPA is still studying the effects of E20 on regular engines. Damage to seals is the primary concern.

http://www.newrules.org/energy/news/...thanol-mandate

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4677259

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #7 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Tesserarius

Quote:
In WI most premium is ethanol free. MN is different. State law dictates that everything is E10. TPaw signed a bill in 2005 that all MN gas had to be E20 within 8 years. It's still at the EPA as far as I know. For now we have to suffer with E10.

I don't say suffer lightly. My push and riding mower, boat and string trimmer run like SHIT on this stuff. The car and bike seem ok but my boat....that's another story. In WI, it runs like a top. Not even a hiccup. Run E10 through the poor thing and it has trouble starting and won't idle. It has nearly stranded us several times. It starts on fast idle, but by the time I move the throttle from fast idle (N) to idle then get it in gear to go, it quits. E20 is going to be the end of it.

Minnesota Passes 20 Percent Ethanol Mandate | The New Rules Project

Is Minnesota's Ethanol Push Good Policy or Just Politics? : NPR
oooohhhhhhhhhhhh its mandated across the board. I hope IA doesn't do that which surprises me that we haven't yet seeing how much corn there is around here. I've never had any problems with the 10% in my cars, but I've never tried it in anything else.

post #8 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrock86 View Post
oooohhhhhhhhhhhh its mandated across the board.
Yep, good ol Uncle Gov'ment looking out for our "well being" again. Holiday is a MN company and even their stations in WI have E10. Lots of places in WI are going all E10 as well. It's coming, but engines need to be made to run it first.

post #9 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Tirone

I've noticed a slight dip in my fuel economy in my car (from 33.5 to about 32.8) but SEEMS like it runs a bit more torquey since the change. On the niner I don't notice a huge difference since I changed to the 89 instead of 91 about the same time they added the 10% ethanol. My reading on the E85 is that ethanol produces more torque and horseies than gasoline, but at the cost of fuel economy. And there are benefits to ethanol being that it can be made form corn, which is renewable (and the corn they use isn't food supply corn, so that argument doesn't fly with me), while fossil fuels are not.

post #10 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Batman

Milk is a renewable resource...so is malt liquor. All rise in price every year...

Whoever says ethanol will set us free is smoking the corn pipe, not refining it.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #11 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison View Post
(and the corn they use isn't food supply corn, so that argument doesn't fly with me), while fossil fuels are not.
they use field corn for ethanol, the kind they feed cattle with. so yes, sweet corn will not be effected but the cost of beef will be because it will cost more to feed the cattle to grow them big enough to butcher and sell to consumers.

I Don't try to explain to people why I ride a motorcycle
"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

'08 Yamaha WR290R/X
'09 KLX140L (wifes bike)
post #12 of 16 Old 03-10-2011, 07:59 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

alcohol is bad for a couple of reasons.drag racers have run the stuff for years, but you need to run about 40% more alcohol thru the motor to get the same stoich ratio. that's why your fuel/econ. goes down on e10/e20/e-85 vs. gas. alcohol also eats rubber fuel lines and pump seals,washes the oil off the cylinder walls and dilutes the oil because it gets past the rings.

for the boaters, if your boat has a built-in tank make sure it's NOT a fiberglass tank because alcohol will eat the resin and turn it to mush which ends up in your jets/injectors.

i don't buy the e10/e20 b.s. each gal has less gas by vol. BUT you get less mpg so you use more gals.

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #13 of 16 Old 03-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Yo Schrock, my apologies. Looks like I have to eat my hat.

I did some more searching last night and found some forum chatter from last year saying that MN had "exceptions" to the E10 rule. I can't find the actual legislation or anything about the exception, but I called a Marathon near my house this morning and he confirmed they have non-oxy premium. I can only assume there are more out there. Looks like I have a new place to fill up

post #14 of 16 Old 03-11-2011, 08:06 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

10% ethanol is like feeding a horse dry hay in the winter. It fills his belly (gas tank), but, doesn't produce horsepower ( mileage or power)!

[
post #15 of 16 Old 03-11-2011, 09:55 PM
Tesserarius

Quote:
Yo Schrock, my apologies. Looks like I have to eat my hat.

I did some more searching last night and found some forum chatter from last year saying that MN had "exceptions" to the E10 rule. I can't find the actual legislation or anything about the exception, but I called a Marathon near my house this morning and he confirmed they have non-oxy premium. I can only assume there are more out there. Looks like I have a new place to fill up
No Worries, I drove through MN and WI today and filled up in both, without ethanol. I was gonna ask you about it but you cleared it up already.

post #16 of 16 Old 06-18-2011, 01:15 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

As of June 1,2011, we lost all our pure gas. Our last 4-5 stations put their signs up declaring that you will receive 10% corn, barley with every gallon of gas!
Three kicks in the butt for Al Gore!

[

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode