Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

New VFR officially revealed...I'm underwhelmed with joy.

3K views 46 replies 30 participants last post by  voodooridr 
#1 ·
Not what I was hoping for out of the VFR's successor. Not digging the styling, the weight....not that its not a cool bike, but I see it more as a V-4blackbird replacement vs VFR..... Oh well, at least its new.

2010 Honda VFR1200F Revealed - Motorcycle.com

#6 ·
I guarantee it is going to be much better looking in person. Yes, this will be in my garage! I'm a very happy camper. I just found my mix of XX and ST ... whoo hoo! I still can't jump to Gold Wing. Not riding enough slab ... who am I kidding, not riding at all!

First ride report will be from me ...

#7 ·
I'm excited all around. I rarely judge a bike by aesthetics without seeing it in person and everything else looks to be well thunked out and appropriate for a successor...other than the fuel tank capacity.

I'm with RCfiddy...though I bet the price will be a turnoff.

#8 ·
I should clarify, I think it will be a great bike, not my cup of tea. Like Sbeau said I see it more in line with the FJR's, Connie 14, more of a sporty Touring bike vs the old bike which was a comfy Sport bike. Being a VFR fan I was hoping for something a little lighter and slighty more HP than the current bike. Guess their is still room in the lineup for a 800-900CC version.

#14 ·
That looks like a turd you poop when you mix of Burrito Supremes & Tequila... :surrender:

I am also sure that, just like the VFR750/VFR800 bikes, plenty of people will buy it because, at the end of the day, is a HONDA.

Why do they have to make it so "Take it or Leave it" though! :fight:

#15 ·
I was always a fan of the VFR, but at 591lbs, that's no longer considered a 'sport' tourer.

Now if they stripped the bike down a bit so that it falls into the naked bike category, I'd definitely drool over one. Lose that ugly front end and drop the 100lb exhaust... lose the side fairings...

#16 ·
Yes Ma'm that is a chunky monkey!!!!
What the heck though. There is something to like in every motorcycle and I do find alot to like in that one. Finally a big motor.

#21 ·
It's growing on me as I stare at it more. I'm imagining it with the ungainly exhaust swapped out for a much smaller and lighter slip on and a set of matching saddlebags. I'm intrigued by the optional dual clutch concept too, curious to read a full road test review.

#22 ·
It's a NEW bike. It's not a replacement for the vfr as we knew it. Says so right there. It has a v4 engine and a single sided swingarm but that's where the similarities end. Honda didn't really have a model to shop against the k13 or the fjr, now they do and if I was in the market for of any of the three I'd prolly buy the vfr.

I always liked the old vfr and what the magazine people said about it. For years in a row it got voted favorite, or most well rounded. I'd probably have bought one if it had 30 more hp. The target demographic didn't care I guess.

The more I want an xtra zoomy bike with comfortable seating the more I like the gsxr MrMike posted a long while back with the top clamp conversion. You can't see the swingarm when you're flying down the road anyway. :)

#26 ·
OooOoo.. the dual clutch model has a paddle shifter option.

#28 ·
Everyone throws up weight numbers. Yes, weight is an issue ... but, more importantly is how it carries its weight.

I have "wood"! I love the skins of this machine. I like the nose. I'm good with the shaft drive. The single-sided swing arm is a bonus.

Honda being Honda, the power of this bike will be moderate with so much untapped! As I said earlier, this is the first bike in years that has stirred me so ... the last was the intro of the RC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.