new to me 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
The Cripple

new to me 919

well guys, here is rick's former and now new to me 919. bike had 12,296 miles on it when i paid cash for it. i will not disclose the amount to respect rick's privacy. if he wishes to disclose it, that's up to him. i was shocked by how smooth the tranny shifted compared to my other 919. like butter. hated the exhaust sound at first, but it's grown on me and might just leave it instead of throwing on my two bros exhaust (keep an eye out, might go up for sale lol).

here are pix of the road trip, the bike when purchased, and how she stands now.

being a retard after loading up on huge amounts of coffee within the first hour of the drive.

test ride

her looks when purchased

bike loaded up and ready to go. keeping rick's face hidden as i dont want everyone to go crazy after being exposed to his face

couldnt of done it without this beautiful girl. still dont understand what she sees in me. but hey, she stuck around for 8 months, i'm not complaining! 1100 miles:drove down, picked up the bike, and back home in less than 24 hours.

as she stands now. already added grips and bar end mirrors. rick had some bar end weights with mounting points for the mirrors machined and apparantly just got them after we agreed on a price, so he gave em to me free of charge. what a brilliant idea he had and i made quick use of it. loving the whole front end look minus the turn signals. they WILL get replaced. i've got my eye on the led signals from that guy will or whatever his name is in canada for some reason, the corbin seat doesnt bother me looks wise like it does for most people. yeah theres a noted difference in terms of looks, but i dont mind it. and there you have it boys and girls, more mods to come... AFTER i get back from florida lol, along with a list of items that will be up for sale to forum members

note: the 599 headlight is already spoken for, it's getting installed on THIS 919, sorry lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
The Cripple

cant find the damned edit button.... so heres the *EDIT*

many thanks to shadow for the lead to contact rick02 regarding his 919 and his intent to sell.

post #3 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 09:07 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Good pics PV! Dang...that girl is even cuter than the one you brought to lunch when you were out here in Colorado!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"

post #4 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Good pics PV! Dang...that girl is even cuter than the one you brought to lunch when you were out here in Colorado!
lol! the girl you met in colorado is my best friend. she's currently doing the CT right now and last i heard, doing pretty good. she's awesome. hope you get to meet my girlfriend though

when you comin to oregon anyways since all of our trips got so screwed up lol.

post #5 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Gets censored

Nice, hey I've got a corbin meant for 2 up riding and would LOVE a solo corbin like you've got there. If you plan on takin the little lady out here and there and would like a 2 up corbin we may be able to work something out?

Good looking bike man.

post #6 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
cant find the damned edit button.... so heres the *EDIT*

many thanks to shadow for the lead to contact rick02 regarding his 919 and his intent to sell.
The edit feature times out quickly... If editing is important contact a moderator.

FYI: Chewie the rat informed us the 919 purchase price.

post #7 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Who, me?

Hey PV. Thats a good looking bike you got there!

Glad those mirror mounts worked. I put ALOT of though into those, nice that someone gets some use out of them. Can you take a better pic of the mirror/mount for my friend that made them?

I had that Corbin customer made as a solo, not even in their books, just ask em, they'll make it.

And Shadow: thanks for helping with the contact. And I have no complaints about the company PV travels with...

And Mike: Chewie really doesn't know much. He picked Wayne Rainey to win the GP this weekend. He's an idiot really.

And, not to turn this into a commercial, but it shifts better/smoother because of the oil in it. Ask PV the difference, and then try some Amsoil, you won't be disappointed...

Contact me for AMSOIL products!

www.rmbsynthetics.com

If it ain't broke, keep fixing it 'till it is...
post #8 of 10 Old 07-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Gets censored

I already bought a 2 up corbin and love it but never ride 2 up so a solo would be better for my particular application.

I'll try some amsoil next change as I've always thought my 9er shifted a little "clunky" I'm used to it but if something simple will smooth it out its worth a crack, thanks for the tip.

Pv, I'm really diggin that exhaust looks sharp.

post #9 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Nice looking bike, cute looking girl, what a lucky guy! What brand are the exhausts?

post #10 of 10 Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM
DualSport Transplant

What windscreen is that, I'm looking for something along those lines.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode