Motorcycle chase in my playground - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Motorcycle chase in my playground

Motorcycle chase through Boulder Canyon reaches speeds of 100 mph By Heath Urie, Camera Staff Writer
Posted: 08/05/2010 11:47:21 AM MDT

Authorities in Gilpin and Boulder counties were chasing a motorcycle rider Thursday morning who reportedly failed to pull over for several officers along Highway 119 south of Nederland, through Boulder Canyon and into the city of Boulder.

The rider was reaching speeds in excess of 100 mph, according to police dispatchers. Authorities in Gilpin County were chasing the rider, followed by assistance from Boulder County sheriff's deputies. The rider reportedly entered the city of Boulder about noon and city officers are on the lookout.

According to police radio traffic, the rider passed officers at the Boulder County Justice Center and it ran a red light at the intersection of 9th Street and Canyon Boulevard.

The rider allegedly was passing vehicles on a double-yellow line before running from officers.

The rider was described as wearing a white helmet, a black jacket and tan pants. The rider was on a black motorcycle with dual headlights. If caught, the rider faces possible charges of felony eluding and failing to yield for police.

Boulder Daily Camera

This chase happened on and around Colo. highway 119, also known as "Peak-to-Peak Highway" and is one of my very favorite areas to ride. It's beautiful, it's accessible being just a few minutes away, there's interesting curves. it's fun to hit this road hard at a bit faster than the legal speed. This rider apparently got away, I'm hoping this incident doesn't cause the cops to crack down on all riders in the area. Good thing nobody got hurt!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

In excess of 100 MPH? Holy crap, he must have shifted into 2nd!!!

So, does your bike sport the Dominator headlights? hehe

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 01:04 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

I bet if the guy wasn't wearing a white helmet, the cops would've never seen him.

But really I don't how I feel about that... Should I be like or

post #4 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I was just talking with some friends last night about circumstances where I would be sorely tempted to lay on the throttle and get myself gone... Thats not an area where I'd choose to do that, though...too many blind sharp corners, potential road hazards & stuff. you know, all that stuff that makes it a great motorcycling road could kill a guy at high speeds! I do know the back roads in the area pretty well though...I probly could have lost em!

not that I'd advocate doing that!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #5 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
But really I don't how I feel about that... Should I be like or
Agreed. I wonder if they got his plate. I'm guessing no or they would just show up at his house and take him in and the news story would be a little different.

Kinda makes me want to go watch Ghostrider videos or Smokey and the Bandit for some reason.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Philanthropist

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I knew a guy who ran on his bike once. Mid run he lost his nerve and pulled over.

The Fresno PD was nice enough send a dog on him. The dog tore his arm up really good.

That's a tough lesson. I was probably 19 or 20 at the time and it made an impression on me.

post #7 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 03:52 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

After a certain speed the cops should stop the chase, that's what I think.
Or follow the vehicule with air patrol. I was watching the news the other day and a cop was chasing a bike in a residential neighborhood somewhere in Canada when he ended in someone's living room with his cop-car. The bike got away. Everybody in the area was complaining because kids were playing outside and anybody could of get hit.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Tirone

Please don't run.. Lost two friends that way. Left the bar riding 2 up rolled back and broadsided a car that pulled out on them after the police took chase. Took 6 body bags to collect all the parts, (NOT COOL) Lady in cage also died from heart failure at the scene.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode