Miss you guys! - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By knicholas
  • 1 Post By mcromo44

post #1 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Miss you guys!

Haven't seen much from you all lately- I miss the updates and photos!

I'll start. I've gone riding with several new friends lately. I'll compare the bikes (since I was lucky enough to ride some of their bikes as well)

- 919 vs. BMW K1200R
It's a bit unfair but the K1200R is a ridiculously smooth, powerful machine to ride. Something like 164hp and boy is it comfy. It's a heavy brute though, but it stops on a dime and is slightly more "sport" setup than the standard 919 handlebars so is easier to take into turns.

- 919 vs. SV650
That 650 twin sure is something. Surprisingly fast, useable band of power, and light to flick around. That said, my friend with the SV650 was dumbfounded when we re-switched bikes. He said something to the effect of the 919 being like the SV but more powerful, faster, and, well, fun. With a few expletives sprinkled in

- 919 vs. BMW K1600gtl
Okay, unfair again. This bike I did not ride though. It was my professor's, we took a great morning ride to Saxapahaw down here in NC.

The gist of all of this is the 919 is such a well-rounded machine and put smiles on everyone's face. The k1200 had $1k abs/rotor work done recently, and the K1600 is a pain to get around all the fairings and tech. The SV is cute, but who wants cute. The 919 is such a delight to ride - and with my new Spencer's seat (nearly broken in) I cant imagine getting rid of it any time soon
mcromo44 likes this.

2002 Honda 919
1999 DR650
1998 GS500 - sold
2014 Ninja 300 - sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

I also went riding on my DR650 with another friend dual-sporting. High sided in the sand and sprained my foot. All part of the game we play!

2002 Honda 919
1999 DR650
1998 GS500 - sold
2014 Ninja 300 - sold
post #3 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 07:24 PM
McTavish

It seems we are withering on the vine as of late.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 07:51 PM
919 Rider

Your not withering. You are entering dormancy due to the seasons.
Down here in the southern hemisphere it's spring and we are all blooming. Bring on summer.

post #5 of 8 Old 09-19-2017, 09:20 PM
Unpossible.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knicholas View Post

- 919 vs. BMW K1200R
It's a bit unfair but the K1200R is a ridiculously smooth, powerful machine to ride. Something like 164hp and boy is it comfy. It's a heavy brute though, but it stops on a dime and is slightly more "sport" setup than the standard 919 handlebars so is easier to take into turns.
I came very very close to buying a 2014 K1300S a few weeks ago. Guy here in Atlanta wanted only $6500 for it. What!?!?! Talked myself out of it though, because I can only sell my 919 for maybe $3700 and I don't have the spare cash without getting a loan. ANYWAY... while researching the K1300, I found that a couple mags had put it on the dyno and it made "only" 142hp. So I don't think the 1200 puts out 164, not by a long shot.

post #6 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 06:45 AM
just send it.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
It seems we are withering on the vine as of late.
Stupid Facebook.
<rant>It's NOT a replacement for forums such as this. I can't even be a part of any motorcycle groups there.... the same damn questions are asked over and over and over... At least here, I can tell someone to use the search feature (or https://lmgtfy.com). On Facebook it's not like you can search old posts. Fucking stupid. </rant>

[This space for rent]
post #7 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 06:52 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
Stupid Facebook.
<rant>It's NOT a replacement for forums such as this. I can't even be a part of any motorcycle groups there.... the same damn questions are asked over and over and over... At least here, I can tell someone to use the search feature (or https://lmgtfy.com). On Facebook it's not like you can search old posts. Fucking stupid. </rant>
Facebook is an open sewer for time, and it's one's time that gets flushed.
As an info source, it's nothing short of scary.
I do have an account, but make a point of not spending much time on it.
crakerjac likes this.

post #8 of 8 Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

I've no problem with Facebook except for the fact that it, clearly, excludes you lovely folks. I don't mind all the fluff and repeat questions because it also comes with some great photos and stories sometimes. But I do love this forum, hence my wanting to hear from you all

2002 Honda 919
1999 DR650
1998 GS500 - sold
2014 Ninja 300 - sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode