Minnesota riders - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 17 Old 03-15-2011, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Minnesota riders

Any of you on MNSBR.com? I was looking for a regional forum to get info on areas to ride, as well as mechanics and tuners in the area.

I signed up but you can't start a thread, post to a thread, or message a moderator until they acknowledge your existence. It's been a few days and they leave you no recourse to contact anyone.

They kinda bite or what?

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 AM
Need money for parts.

hadn't discovered that one yet. will have to sign up tonight.

oh, btw. told my wife about the koso... super pissed, lol. she didn't agree with my logic.
my existing gauge was broken, only the speedo/odometer is functional. the mounts are smashed and the housing is fairly damaged. it was like that when i bought it.
why put money into making the oem one work when i can get a nice shiny new koso for cheaper than oem?

post #3 of 17 Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Tirone shoelaces

I am active with the AustinSBR group here in Texas. It is mostly a riding - track day - social group; mostly face-to-face vs. an on-line board.

New members are limited about what they can see until you get actual face-time with members.

Why?
There are lots of squids doing stupid stuff on motorcycles. The AustinSBR group is not one of them, and is not interested in having stupid riders around.

Perhaps the MNSBR group is the same?

post #4 of 17 Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Not sure what they are about. There is a lot of forum activity so I am guessing it's not just a F2F group. After registration it says an Administrator has been notified. It's been a couple days and they don't let you contact anyone for help until they do whatever they have to do. They don't even have an introductions board.

I was just looking for opinions from anyone around my area to see what they are like. Generally I stay away from anything sportbike related as the squid count is usually way too high for my liking. I'm too old to care about the dumb shit young guys do on superbikes. Thing is, I have found a bunch of useful stuff just poking around. Local events, vendors, things like that.

Guess I'll exercise some patience and continue to lurk...

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #5 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post
Not sure what they are about. There is a lot of forum activity so I am guessing it's not just a F2F group. After registration it says an Administrator has been notified. It's been a couple days and they don't let you contact anyone for help until they do whatever they have to do. They don't even have an introductions board.

I was just looking for opinions from anyone around my area to see what they are like. Generally I stay away from anything sportbike related as the squid count is usually way too high for my liking. I'm too old to care about the dumb shit young guys do on superbikes. Thing is, I have found a bunch of useful stuff just poking around. Local events, vendors, things like that.

Guess I'll exercise some patience and continue to lurk...
Wingnutt 667 here, MNSBR is what it is something above the gsxr squid thing and mostly dedicated to training and racing the events like the "mustache ride" and Simply sportbikes "annual" ride are about fun not stupidity they also promote stunting as they have the Aaron Colton events free right in hopkins!

Zars is a big chunk of it now and again training and learning can be had at a great price in Rosemont or the big racetrack in Brainerd !!!

I forget who the mod is some chick I think I can pm her. Unlike Speedzilla mnsbr is a titch clicky but so is our race club.

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #6 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 06:21 AM
Milites Gregarius

I found a pick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 042.jpg (28.7 KB, 7 views)

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #7 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Hey thanks for the info Wingnutt.

Training sounds good. I don't race or do trackdays myself, but wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I wanted to get in to MNSBR since I have already found a tuner to dyno my bike from one of their threads. They had a deal for MN CCW permits too, but I already renewed. Looks like a good place for local info.

post #8 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Hey thanks for the info Wingnutt.

Training sounds good. I don't race or do trackdays myself, but wouldn't mind giving it a shot. I wanted to get in to MNSBR since I have already found a tuner to dyno my bike from one of their threads. They had a deal for MN CCW permits too, but I already renewed. Looks like a good place for local info.
Kyle @ 2k motorsports I presume ?

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #9 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

I was checking out the thread for mechanics and tuners and a couple people had mentioned that Fred with Silverback racing was awesome on the dyno. They are now Ducati Minneapolis but I sent an email and he responded right back. Says if I have a decent map, they can touch up any problem areas and generate some graphs for $150. I thought that sounded alright. They aren't too far from work so I could stop by easily.

Would you recommend the other place? Been wanting to get a tune for a while.

post #10 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
I was checking out the thread for mechanics and tuners and a couple people had mentioned that Fred with Silverback racing was awesome on the dyno. They are now Ducati Minneapolis but I sent an email and he responded right back. Says if I have a decent map, they can touch up any problem areas and generate some graphs for $150. I thought that sounded alright. They aren't too far from work so I could stop by easily.

Would you recommend the other place? Been wanting to get a tune for a while.
Not for a second Fred,Anthony and Doug are the best in the bizz, I was told Doug is working else where, but you cannot go wrong these people are great tuners period. In fact ask for the "WINGNUTT" discount as I have sent 5 or 6 of my buddies rc-51's to them. P.S. you're powerband will be velvet

The old building was a trip !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg powerband.thumb.jpg (11.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg silverback.jpg (31.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg isanti 2010 302.jpg (34.2 KB, 3 views)

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #11 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I'm technically a member on mnsbr but haven't been on there in years, kind of forgot about it.

hey wingnutt, do they tune non sportbikes?

I Don't try to explain to people why I ride a motorcycle
"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

'08 Yamaha WR290R/X
'09 KLX140L (wifes bike)
post #12 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattf View Post
I'm technically a member on mnsbr but haven't been on there in years, kind of forgot about it.

They tune HD, so I am guessing....yes.

post #13 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattf View Post

They tune anything, my buddys' got his 955 triumph in there !

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #14 of 17 Old 03-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

cool. my WR has never ran perfect since I had a big bore kit installed last year. I sent the programmer back to the manufacturer this winter and they remapped it for the big bore but was wondering where a good place to take it would be if I still can't get the programmer adjusted just right to make it run perfect this spring with the changes they made. its worked fine, just not absolutely perfect.

I Don't try to explain to people why I ride a motorcycle
"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

'08 Yamaha WR290R/X
'09 KLX140L (wifes bike)
post #15 of 17 Old 03-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Any of you on MNSBR.com? I was looking for a regional forum to get info on areas to ride, as well as mechanics and tuners in the area.

I signed up but you can't start a thread, post to a thread, or message a moderator until they acknowledge your existence. It's been a few days and they leave you no recourse to contact anyone.

They kinda bite or what?
They had spam issues try again !

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N
post #16 of 17 Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Will do, thanks!!

post #17 of 17 Old 03-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Milites Gregarius

Dang sorry! Hopefully he can re-register, looks like his name got pushed off the list in the last 3 days - there have been over 500 spam accounts made! Hard to sift through.

i have his E-mail pm if you need it !

'03 RC
CRA
#667 N

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode