Might be a good time to buy a 2019 CB1000R - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bigdaa
  • 1 Post By Darth_Firebolt

post #1 of 5 Old 07-28-2020, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Discen

Might be a good time to buy a 2019 CB1000R

But may have to hurry.

Was looking around on cycle trader and noticed a bunch of them (about 10) priced just under $9k, and even more under $10k.

https://www.cycletrader.com/New-2019...rt=price%3Aasc

Looks like they’ve got a $2000 rebate going on until 7/31, and some dealers are discounting them even more to try to move them.
Even if one of the sub $9k bikes isn’t near you, you could probably use that many priced that low as a negotiation tool.

Honda also has 0% financing for 1 year.
I’m sure the rate after that isn’t great, but could help take a chunk out of the principal if you paid it down some in that year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-28-2020, 09:37 AM
Brain stolen again?

Seems like a completely natural segue from the 919. I think you may give up some of the utility of the 919, but you gain a level of hooligan corner carver that would make up for it in a different and exciting sort of way.
CenCO 919 likes this.

I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #3 of 5 Old 08-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Pokemon Master

I think about that bike at least once a month. Then I remember it struggles to get over 35mpg in normal riding, only has 128hp vs the ~175 the 2007 CBR1000RR had, has a smaller gas tank (4.3 gallons vs 5.0) and would mean selling my 919 with it's known reliability, my Buell, AND my CB500X. I don't love the single sided swingarm (or sssa's in general). I don't dig the giant, completely flat radiator, I think it could use a curved radiator like the Street Triple has, or maybe a V shape towards the bottom, or something. I like the ABS and the ride modes and the LED lighting and the mirrors.

It just doesn't make sense for me to get it as it sits. Is it better than my 919? Absolutely. Are the marginal gains worth ~$7500 of my money and selling my 919? Absolutely not. Now if the fuel economy was the same or even a little better but it had the full ~175hp like the CBR1000RR that the engine came from, that would change the calculus quite a bit.

But man, does it look great as a package. I want that stubby subframe and exhaust on my 919 REAL bad.
badmoon692008 likes this.

2007 919, 2013 CB500X, 2009 Buell XB12R, 20+ bicycles

post #4 of 5 Old 08-09-2020, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Firebolt View Post
I think about that bike at least once a month. Then I remember it struggles to get over 35mpg in normal riding, only has 128hp vs the ~175 the 2007 CBR1000RR had, has a smaller gas tank (4.3 gallons vs 5.0) and would mean selling my 919 with it's known reliability, my Buell, AND my CB500X. I don't love the single sided swingarm (or sssa's in general). I don't dig the giant, completely flat radiator, I think it could use a curved radiator like the Street Triple has, or maybe a V shape towards the bottom, or something. I like the ABS and the ride modes and the LED lighting and the mirrors.

It just doesn't make sense for me to get it as it sits. Is it better than my 919? Absolutely. Are the marginal gains worth ~$7500 of my money and selling my 919? Absolutely not. Now if the fuel economy was the same or even a little better but it had the full ~175hp like the CBR1000RR that the engine came from, that would change the calculus quite a bit.

But man, does it look great as a package. I want that stubby subframe and exhaust on my 919 REAL bad.
Yeah, unfortunately I think Honda miscalculated on the performance aspects.
I think they thought the styling would be enough to make it popular.
But the “super naked” category is so competitive, and performance specs are very important to those customers, and the CB just isn’t quite there when compared to the class leaders.

However I think it is the best looking bike in the category.
And with these discounts it has put it back on my radar.
I’m thinking I need to slow down just a bit.
Not in terms of having fun on backroads but just on my quick blasts of extreme acceleration.
With the MT-10 (and my previous KTM SDGT), it’s just too easy to go way too fast without even trying.
I know self-control is a part of it, but if the power is there it’s hard not to use it.

If anyone is in AZ, there is now one priced at $7,448. That is a heck of a deal.
https://www.ridenowgoodyear.com/--xI...ail?id=7883115

I’m also considering the new HD Low Rider S.
I never thought that day would come, but Harley has made an intriguing bike.
114 ci, 100 HP, 118 ft-lbs, inverted front fork, rear mono-shock, dual disc brakes, 28 rake, mid controls.
It isn’t sport bike performance, but appears to be a bike that you can still have backroad fun on and throw it around comfortably. Lean angle would be the limiting factor with the pegs scraping though.
And of course, the price ($18k) is still “premium.” Paying for the brand, and not priced in line with the performance you are getting vs other bikes.
Still not a sport bike, or even a Diavel. But a very attractive package.

post #5 of 5 Old 08-13-2020, 11:01 AM
Tirone

Garage
this deal is still in place?

https://www.ridenowgoodyear.com/--xI...ail?id=7883115

2002 Bandit 1250s
2003 SV650
1995 ZX1100e
2006 919

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode