Mid Summer Ride Report - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 07-07-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Traitor

Smile Mid Summer Ride Report

Midsummer ride report

Weíre about halfway through the riding season, Iíve put somewhere in the neighbourhood of 3000 km on my niner, cruised the country, found some twisties and discovered the track!

Last November I bought a gently used 919 (6800km) and without getting it on the road I put it straight into storage. With spring coming early I managed to get on the road by mid March, having only ridden for a couple of months on a 25 year old nighthawk it was quite the difference. I love the power that it puts out without being too twitchy and the soft suspension isnít high performance but is nice and forgiving for everyday riding!
My first track day was in May, prepped the 9er myself (never been handy with tools, but changing oil and coolant is pretty straight forward). Nervous during the first session, but by the end of the day my instructors comment was simply ďyou really rode the wheels off of that thingĒ. Officially addicted to the track now!

Lots of other firsts, first stoppie, first time on a major highway (on a bike), first time going 2 up, first time Iíve ever modded anything from stock , first time Iíve felt like a kid again for a long time!

Iíll post up some pics of my next track day, hopefully squeeze a couple more in this year!

How's your summer going?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Le So Cal Troll

lol i remember the first time on a major hwy.... i was sitting in traffic stopped... and went holly shit... my feet are planted on the 101 freeway ahhaa.

My riding season never really stopped <3 so cal! and its been awesome... just the other week me and a buddy went up and explored the angeles crest mtns... a good 240mi ride all in one session haha.

post #3 of 3 Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Immune

I have had some family medical issues and haven't been riding much this year. I made a few good rides early this spring but not so much lately. Everything seems to be OK now and I'm hoping to make a four or five day ride and doing a little camping soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode