Michelin Pilot Road 2 Love! - Wrist Twisters
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 07:24 AM Thread Starter
STR-III
 
cmurphy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western KY
Posts: 4,989
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Michelin Pilot Road 2 Love!

I love my Pilot Road 2s. I put them on in February 2009 at just over 18,000 miles. They are still on there and now the bike has almost 27,000 miles on it. The rear caught a large piece of metal at the 1,500 mile mark so the rear only has 7,500 miles on it. The front is original and has 9,000 ish on it.

The Micheline men on the edge of the rear have almost been scrubbed off, but not quite.

I'm a fairly aggressive rider. Bot the front and rear are starting to cup on the sides and the rear is worn as much on the side as it is in the middle. There is just under 1/32" of tread on top of the inner and outer wear bars on the rear. I expect to get another 1,000 out of them, or destroy them in the mountains next month.

BTW. I only got 5,000ish out of my Pilot Powers that I had before.

Did I mention I love these tires?

Press Any Key To Continue.
cmurphy84 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Immune
 
frankly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 329
Rep Power: 1
 
I've had my first set of Pilot Road 2s on for a little over two weeks now and I'm really liking them so far! If anyone is looking for a set in the NE PA area, Pen Argyl Cycle had them in stock for $260.

frankly is offline  
post #3 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
yup been running pilot road 2's for a copula months now... they are simply amazing tires... not once have i had the front end push or the rear slip... of which was a common occurrence with shinko advance 005's at 6 to 8 psi less than the road 2's... id never dream of running the shinkos at the same psi i run the roads at... it be like driving on ice.

nd4spdbh is offline  
 
post #4 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 10:51 AM
yzarc mi os
 
Poorboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 883
Rep Power: 1
 
Oh I've had them slip.


On puddles of coolant cagers leave at the gas station.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
Poorboy is offline  
post #5 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
STR-III
 
cmurphy84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Western KY
Posts: 4,989
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I've had mine spin on very hard acceleration. Slipped in a corner once too...but that was induced by some sand and gravel.

Press Any Key To Continue.
cmurphy84 is offline  
post #6 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Tirone shoelaces
 
TexasTraffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 744
Rep Power: 1
 
I run a PP 2CT in front and a Pilot Road-2 in back.

Very happy with that combo!

TexasTraffic is offline  
post #7 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Tesserarius
 
Shaughnessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 46234
Posts: 760
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

I was pretty happy with mine... I got 8,000 miles out of my rear before it started getting really greasy. I was only able to get 3,500 miles out of a Pilot Power. Wheelies are pretty hard on tires apparently...



In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
Shaughnessy is offline  
post #8 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Tirone shoelaces
 
TexasTraffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 744
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughnessy View Post
.... Wheelies are pretty hard on tires apparently...
How could that be?!







TexasTraffic is offline  
post #9 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Speed Lover
 
XRCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 1,369
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
I love my Pilot Road 2s. I put them on in February 2009 at just over 18,000 miles. They are still on there and now the bike has almost 27,000 miles on it. The rear caught a large piece of metal at the 1,500 mile mark so the rear only has 7,500 miles on it. The front is original and has 9,000 ish on it.

The Micheline men on the edge of the rear have almost been scrubbed off, but not quite.

I'm a fairly aggressive rider. Bot the front and rear are starting to cup on the sides and the rear is worn as much on the side as it is in the middle. There is just under 1/32" of tread on top of the inner and outer wear bars on the rear. I expect to get another 1,000 out of them, or destroy them in the mountains next month.

BTW. I only got 5,000ish out of my Pilot Powers that I had before.

Did I mention I love these tires?
Good info! I've been running PP 2CT and I think I'm going to switch to the Roads next.

XRCajun is offline  
post #10 of 89 Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Tirone
 
northoftheborder919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: montreal, canada
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 1
 
Totally agree

Totally agree, used pilot powers on my cbr f3 throughout the 10 years i drove it, aprox 5000km a tire , i bought Pr 2 s at petes superbike for my recently purchased 919 and Pete said i should get over double that easily and more of what i used to get with the pilot powers. aprox 12 oookm.

northoftheborder919 is offline  
post #11 of 89 Old 04-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Mud Dauber
 
cudajim929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 68
Rep Power: 1
 
I am also running the Pilot Road 2s. I have about 350miles on them and feel so much more confident in a corner than ever before. I was running Metzeler Sportec M-1 and the difference is night and day. Chicken stripes are already down to about 3/4". Same as the Metzeler but I am still breaking them in. Can't wait for the Summer to get here.

"Never give up, Never surrender"
cudajim929 is offline  
post #12 of 89 Old 04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus
 
rickard919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 3,802
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I just brought my rear rim in for a road. Hopefully I like it. Last tire was a bridgestone 616 I believe and I about 15000 kms oout of it. Wear bars? or those the metal wires I could see coming through the rubber?

Spoiler:

rickard919 is offline  
post #13 of 89 Old 04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Ride Offensively
 
FloridaMountaintop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Gaskin Florida
Posts: 600
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Mine just got a set, and I love the PP2's as well.

I am looking for 10,000 miles out of them, but we will see.

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
FloridaMountaintop is offline  
post #14 of 89 Old 04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 2,762
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I just ordered my 2nd set of Pilot Road 2's a couple days ago. I got 16,000 miles out of the first set, and I'm expecting to get about the same from this new set. I never had them breakaway unexpectedly, unless sand/gravel was involved, and that only rarely.

The old set are pretty thoroughly trashed...Cupped, big flat spot in the middle from exttensive highway miles, almost no tread left...the rear started showing cords after my trip to Taos last weekend.
Apparently the key to long-life from your tires is checking your tire pressure frequently...

I do love these tires!




.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
The Shadow is offline  
post #15 of 89 Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,902
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
I just brought my rear rim in for a road. Hopefully I like it. Last tire was a bridgestone 616 I believe and I about 15000 kms oout of it. Wear bars? or those the metal wires I could see coming through the rubber?

what do you have on the front at present ?

mcromo44 is offline  
post #16 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 05:26 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus
 
rickard919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 3,802
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
what do you have on the front at present ?
Can't remember, it's been on the for about 4 years (60 000kms I bet). Great wearing tire whatever it is. No cupping at all, even wear.

Spoiler:

rickard919 is offline  
post #17 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 08:37 AM
orange
 
sbeau1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 9,193
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Have been going to order new tires for the street bikes, planned on Pilot Road 2's for the FJR but was going to put 2CT's on the Hornets. Might rethink that and just go for three sets of Road 2's after hearing all your positive comments.

Superduke
R1200GS
XR650L
sbeau1960 is offline  
post #18 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
Have been going to order new tires for the street bikes, planned on Pilot Road 2's for the FJR but was going to put 2CT's on the Hornets. Might rethink that and just go for three sets of Road 2's after hearing all your positive comments.
seriously the Road 2's kick some serious ass. the power 2ct's would be WAY WAY more than whats needed for anything on the street.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #19 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 10:10 AM
orange
 
sbeau1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 9,193
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
seriously the Road 2's kick some serious ass. the power 2ct's would be WAY WAY more than whats needed for anything on the street.
Yeah, just thought I'd put sticky rubber on the 919 and 599 because we really only ride those on curvy country roads. You're right though, we'll never use that much tire on the street, the Road 2 sounds like it's better suited to our needs and will last a lot longer.

sbeau1960 is offline  
post #20 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
90% of my riding is on stupid tight twisties.... never had the road 2's slip unless i purposely made em.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #21 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,902
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
seriously the Road 2's kick some serious ass. the power 2ct's would be WAY WAY more than whats needed for anything on the street.
If it wasn't for the Track Days plus being a low mileage rider, it would be Road2s instead of the Power 2CTs.

mcromo44 is offline  
post #22 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
Lemonhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,613
Rep Power: 1
 
How are they on cold /dry pavement? My Dunlop qualies don't like the cold at all. But LOVE it hot.

Lemonhead is offline  
post #23 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Discen
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 258
Rep Power: 1
 
Hey, how good are the sticky-ness of these tires compared to the pilot powers? I'm gonna be looking at new tires in a few months for the gsxr I picked up and it has a new pilot power on back now which I liked when I had my 919, but I gotta feeling this 1000 is gonna eat that pilot power fairly quick.

______________________________________
03 DRZ 400
05 VFR 800A
05 GSXR 1000
04 Honda 919
00 Honda Shadow ACE
Epicsoldier is offline  
post #24 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 04:10 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,902
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
How are they on cold /dry pavement? My Dunlop qualies don't like the cold at all. But LOVE it hot.
You raise an excellent question. I've done some checking of the Michelin website.
Road 2s have centre compound that covers 60 % of the front and 20 % of the rear.
P P 2CTs have 80 % and 78 % respectively.
The compounds are indicated as being different, by a footnote.
The compounds will be different, and likely significantly.
I'll bet the P P 2CTs are in the greasy zone as soon as the pavement temperatures are in the 40s and lower, F that is, at least until they warm up.
My guess is that P P 2CTs in the 40s and lower and in wet conditions, would be inferior to Road2s. (Wet is worse as the water cools the tire)

mcromo44 is offline  
post #25 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
How are they on cold /dry pavement? My Dunlop qualies don't like the cold at all. But LOVE it hot.
they warm up super quick but even dead cold 1 block away from the house and on a cold morning they still stick great. MUCH MUCH better than my shinko advance 005's

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #26 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Fool in the Rain
 
HondaJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 10,288
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
How are they on cold /dry pavement? My Dunlop qualies don't like the cold at all. But LOVE it hot.
I haven't run Dunlops in years but that was always my main complaint with them. All of their street oriented tires seemed to be real dicey when cold.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
HondaJim is offline  
post #27 of 89 Old 04-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Gets censored
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,839
Rep Power: 1
 
i love my 2cts as well but have found them less than desireable when cold. yes they do warm up quick but I have busted them loose quite a few times under hard acceleration when cold and I certainly didnt expect it.

never had that problem with the sports. not going back but something to consider. the 2cts do feel great in the corners no complaints there and they last last last!

brian is offline  
post #28 of 89 Old 04-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
i love my 2cts as well but have found them less than desireable when cold. yes they do warm up quick but I have busted them loose quite a few times under hard acceleration when cold and I certainly didnt expect it.

never had that problem with the sports. not going back but something to consider. the 2cts do feel great in the corners no complaints there and they last last last!
are we talking Pilot Road 2's or Pilot Power 2CT's? cus there is no such thing technically as a Pilot Road 2ct

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #29 of 89 Old 04-25-2010, 11:17 AM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,772
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
are we talking Pilot Road 2's or Pilot Power 2CT's? cus there is no such thing technically as a Pilot Road 2ct
yeah there is.. that's the name of the 2ct front/road2 rear combo...

Pvster is offline  
post #30 of 89 Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Immune
 
frankly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 329
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
are we talking Pilot Road 2's or Pilot Power 2CT's? cus there is no such thing technically as a Pilot Road 2ct
Mine just say "Pilot Road 2" on the sidewall, but there is a "2 CT" on the actual tread edge along where the little Michelin man is. My understanding was that 2 CT stands for 2 Compound Tread, like they have? Also, jakewilson.com lists the "Pilot Road 2 CT".

frankly is offline  
post #31 of 89 Old 04-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
yeah there is.. that's the name of the 2ct front/road2 rear combo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankly View Post
Mine just say "Pilot Road 2" on the sidewall, but there is a "2 CT" on the actual tread edge along where the little Michelin man is. My understanding was that 2 CT stands for 2 Compound Tread, like they have? Also, jakewilson.com lists the "Pilot Road 2 CT".
Yes 2ct means 2 compound technology and it is found on the side of the tread.... but there is no such thing as Pilot Road 2CT... problem is its often miss labeled. And can get confusing.

Michelin Motorcycle Tires

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #32 of 89 Old 04-25-2010, 01:02 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 2,762
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Just to muddy the waters further....

Yes, the 2CT refers to dual compound technology...as in the Pilot Power 2CT.

The Pilot Road 2 tire also has dual compound tech...for some odd reason they don't refer to it as "2CT"... I guess the "CT" is silent in this case...




.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
The Shadow is offline  
post #33 of 89 Old 04-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Tirone
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 1
 
I just picked up a set of these tires this afternoon. That was the sketchiest ride I can remember. It's pretty warm out, but these tires feel like someone snotted ALL over them.

I've been riding quite some time now and been through too many tires to count and I can't remember a tire EVER making my bike feel so skiddish and strange. Feels like I'm riding around on something just waiting to dump me off.

I know it's likely the unbelievable number of those little knobbies on the tire and their proximity to the center of the tire and I know the tires not going anywhere, but the first 10-15 miles were pretty exciting.

I suspect though that these tires will be pretty decent once they get scrubbed in properly. I don't think they'll stick like the Corsa III's, but hopefully I'll get some more life out of them. I haven't been rippin' it up like I used to and pretty much just riding the bike to and from work.

Oh yeah, first post, good looking forum. I'll be taking a look here for the next few hours I'm sure.

BlackRR is offline  
post #34 of 89 Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
what psi were are you running them at.... cus as soon as i got em on my bike popped em at 32 34 front and rear respectivly.... and 5 miles of riding i had all but 1/2 of chicken strip left.

Thats said from the place that mounted em to the rims the things had psi of placard value... 42 and 42... which is RETARDED hard.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #35 of 89 Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Tirone
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 1
 
Ya know, all I did was ride it home. I actually took my bike to the local dealership. I know better than to take it generally, but I just don't have time to deal with it this week and the chords just started showing. The tires needed to be changed and it's my daily commuter. I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500, but I can't stand driving that gas hog when I don't absolutely have to.

So I grabbed some new sprockets and a chain from the guys at Renthal and headed over to the dealership for some new tires, new chain/sprockets and an oil change.

Well $515.00 later and I have Pilot Road 2's (front and rear) and the new sprockets/chain installed and they forgot to change the oil so they offered to change it tomorrow for 10% off.

I was in a hurry and not paying enough attention...$93.50 for the LABOR to install the chain, front and rear sprockets when I'm already paying $75.00 for them to change the tires (tires on the bike). They already have the rear wheel off...shouldn't take MORE THAN AN HOUR to change the sprockets and chain. Should take 1/2 an hour if you're bullshitting and going slow...

I don't fight it with them though, that's the cost of going to the dealership and the reason so many people do it themselves. Those guys are sitting in there crying about the lack of business and trying to steal from all of their customers.

Hard economic times change things, especially for the crooks. These places are dying and their raising rates and charging higher prices for parts.

Anyway, that was a long rant, bottom line, I'll check the pressure in the tires in the morning.

Edit...oh yeah, I'm bitter because they "forgot" to do my oil change, great job guys. AND on the ride home I noticed there's a hose just hanging out of the side of the bike? WTF? Where did that USED to go? Now I have to take my time to take a look at it after paying these dillweeds to be the "professionals".

BlackRR is offline  
post #36 of 89 Old 04-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRR View Post
Ya know, all I did was ride it home. I actually took my bike to the local dealership. I know better than to take it generally, but I just don't have time to deal with it this week and the chords just started showing. The tires needed to be changed and it's my daily commuter. I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500, but I can't stand driving that gas hog when I don't absolutely have to.

So I grabbed some new sprockets and a chain from the guys at Renthal and headed over to the dealership for some new tires, new chain/sprockets and an oil change.

Well $515.00 later and I have Pilot Road 2's (front and rear) and the new sprockets/chain installed and they forgot to change the oil so they offered to change it tomorrow for 10% off.

I was in a hurry and not paying enough attention...$93.50 for the LABOR to install the chain, front and rear sprockets when I'm already paying $75.00 for them to change the tires (tires on the bike). They already have the rear wheel off...shouldn't take MORE THAN AN HOUR to change the sprockets and chain. Should take 1/2 an hour if you're bullshitting and going slow...

I don't fight it with them though, that's the cost of going to the dealership and the reason so many people do it themselves. Those guys are sitting in there crying about the lack of business and trying to steal from all of their customers.

Hard economic times change things, especially for the crooks. These places are dying and their raising rates and charging higher prices for parts.

Anyway, that was a long rant, bottom line, I'll check the pressure in the tires in the morning.

Edit...oh yeah, I'm bitter because they "forgot" to do my oil change, great job guys. AND on the ride home I noticed there's a hose just hanging out of the side of the bike? WTF? Where did that USED to go? Now I have to take my time to take a look at it after paying these dillweeds to be the "professionals".
theres a coupla vent hoses that hang off the right side right below the rear brake peg, and a vent out of the charcoal canister. FYI.

Id be willing to bet they got way to much psi in the tires.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #37 of 89 Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Gets censored
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,839
Rep Power: 1
 
edit, road 2 out back power in front

brian is offline  
post #38 of 89 Old 04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Gets censored
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 1,839
Rep Power: 1
 
by power i meant 2ct... dee-da-dee.

So by my original post i was saying my road 2 does break loose on occation when cold.

brian is offline  
post #39 of 89 Old 04-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Alaska bound
 
fehren2800's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Posts: 1,008
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Seems these tires are the bees knees... I am planning on using them for my Alaska trip in July. Anyone do some touring on these? I will have a fully loaded bike and I am hoping to get 6500 miles out of 1 set, and then I'll change to a new set when I get to Seattle for the rest of the trip.

I have toured on the Avon Azaro ST's and the Metzeler Roadtec Z6's and have liked both with a little more lean towards the Z6's, but I want to try something new. The dual compound is a plus as well.

I found a set for $250 shipped from my normal supplier. Anyone beat that deal recently?

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Now the rest of the world!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
fehren2800 is offline  
post #40 of 89 Old 04-29-2010, 09:38 PM
lusting over something...
 
james_kraska's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 585
Rep Power: 1
 
I just completed a ~3,500km trip with a heavily laden 919 (200lb rider, and another 100 lbs gear) and there was minimal wear to the center of the tire- where I spent 99% of my riding on the trip. I've got 13,000kms on my PR2 rear, and I figure I've still got a few thousand left before I've got no tread whatsoever left and the center is bald. I've never had an issue with the rear tire, but I did notice that the front does not inspire confidence at excessive speeds ~200+km/h... it is progressive though and doesn't "sneak" up on you. Otherwise, the roads I ride most often -50-70mph twisties, I've not once had either tire slip.

hope that helps!

PS. I forgot to mention tire pressure. i ride 36/42, and I find it inspires the most confidence with regard to lean-in.

james_kraska is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










« RC51 | speachless »
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome