Low Milage demo - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 12-04-2007, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Rider reborn

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Low Milage demo

Can anyone advise what would be a good discount for purchasing a factory demo bike. Seems like it would be the second best option -buying used being number one! This being early december, seems like the stars might be aligning for a good time to buy.. yes/ no ?

Lex Talionis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Unbannable

When I was at the Triumph dealer they said $1/mile off. Didn't see like a good deal to me with like 800miles on the demo bike. I figure most bikes lose at least $2k with the first mile.

post #3 of 8 Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I remember the local Honda shop selling an RC-51 off the floor at the end of the year for about $9000. Had 100-200 miles on it. So that would be about $2000 off list. Not sure if that helps you.

That was a year after I bought my RC for $10200 after a guy I knew there gave me the best deal he could... grrr.

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #4 of 8 Old 12-04-2007, 09:30 AM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

the dealer will get a certain kickback for putting that bike into the demo program, so it should be well below invoice! if it's $10k msrp, i wouldn't go anywhere above $8k, full warranty and all. and i sell 'em.

post #5 of 8 Old 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Rider reborn

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Thanks for all the replies.
Bike X costs $13,900 -They list it as used on website at $12,900 - I call to confirm status -turns out its a demo.
I decide to explore the "trade" option fully aware that I may not get kissed before they... extend an offer. Here it is -out the door price of 11K. Thats allowing about 2 k for a very nice 2003 919 w/ low miles. Oh well , plan b doesn't look bad at all....
Thanks again for all the input, D

Lex Talionis
post #6 of 8 Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

do what now? an otd of $11k is probably giving you 4ish for your 919, maybe 3500 and then selling theirs for near sticker. (kbb trade value is $3545) 13,9-3500 is 10,4, plus tax and any other dealer fees. so you're getting ZERO discount on that. i would tell them 10,5 for theirs, minus what your trade value is (say $3500, you won't get over book this time of year) put you at $7k plus tax and fees. don't let them charge you more than 2-300 in fees, those are pure profit, but on the flip side, if you get a deep enough deal, let them make a little bit of money, they'll treat you better if you give up a little too. anything more than $8k OTD or so is probably not worth it. this is all not factoring in any payoff you may have on your 919

post #7 of 8 Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Rider reborn

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblur View Post
do what now? an otd of $11k is probably giving you 4ish for your 919, maybe 3500 and then selling theirs for near sticker. (kbb trade value is $3545) 13,9-3500 is 10,4, plus tax and any other dealer fees. so you're getting ZERO discount on that. i would tell them 10,5 for theirs, minus what your trade value is (say $3500, you won't get over book this time of year) put you at $7k plus tax and fees. don't let them charge you more than 2-300 in fees, those are pure profit, but on the flip side, if you get a deep enough deal, let them make a little bit of money, they'll treat you better if you give up a little too. anything more than $8k OTD or so is probably not worth it. this is all not factoring in any payoff you may have on your 919
Plan B is to buy the 2006 "mint cond." 950 sm from the nice lady in Ga. For 4.5K less than the SD, and keep the 919. I would have liked the extra grunt of the SuperDuke, but the sm is far more versatile... Thanks for the advice.

Lex Talionis
post #8 of 8 Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 AM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 

ah ha! sounds like a plan to me! have fun with the new girl!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode